Where do great Christmas gift ideas come from?
Great Christmas gift ideas are personal. I tend to disagree with the old adage, “It’s the thought that counts.” I think if you’re going to spend your money on a Christmas gift you should purchase a thoughtful gift that will actually be used, rather than just buy any gift that will end up collecting dust in the closet. You don’t have to spend a lot of money on great Christmas gift ideas, but to be “great” is has to be thoughtful.
Great Christmas gift ideas don’t have to be expensive it’s essential that you tap into the personality and interests of the person you’re shopping for in order for a gift to be considered a great Christmas gift.
Be Thoughtful this Christmas
Great Christmas gift ideas require effort. Great Christmas gift ideas require research and time. I find that most people don’t want to put in the thinking or commitment required to pinpoint a great gift idea for someone. It’s not rocket science. Just think about what they like to do or what they talk about wanting to do. I think the best gift is the one that will make someone’s life better, or easier. Perhaps something they may not absolutely need, but will find very useful over time.
It’s true. It’s that time of year again when people stress out on what to buy and rather than plan ahead of time they delay the inevitable. But, it doesn’t have to be so stressful. You just need to start the process earlier than usual.
Christmas is just around the corner and I’m sure many of you will be scrambling to find gifts for those outdoor fanatics in your life. The type of people that love to play around the yard, and start new projects around the home, or perhaps love to camp, hike or travel. Perhaps you’re one of those people. In that case, this might be a good list for your own personal adventures or projects.
I have to admit, this list started as a top 10 list of great Christmas gift ideas but as you can see it’s ballooned to 26 great Christmas ideas. Honestly, I could have kept going as there are countless products in the world that are interesting, useful and downright cool. Somehow I managed to stop myself at 26 items. I’m confident that there’s at least one item on this list for people who love working and playing outside. And all y0u really need is one cool gift idea to surprise that special someone in your life.
There are many items here to cover so let’s get started at looking at these great gift ideas for Christmas. And by the way, they’re not in any particular order. There is no such thing as ‘the best gift’ because what’s good for one person is useless to another so I tried to include a variety of products that will appeal to a wide range of people. Hopefully this list will give you some ideas or inspiration to help you make a thoughtful buying decision. Good luck!
Zippo 4-in-1 Woodsman is now called the AxeSaw
Christmas Gift Ideas for Outdoor Lovers
I know, it’s not easy choosing the right gift. It’s a difficult task. The best advice I can give you is to think about the personality and interests of the person you’re buying for. Think about what they’re passionate about, or buy them something that you know they need but you know they’d never buy it for themselves.
Be thoughtful above and beyond anything else. A cool product for the wrong person is a waste of money. A thoughtful $10 gift can last a lifetime.
Now, here are some wonderful Christmas gift ideas for you to consider.
This a great gift for anyone who spends much time splashing around in nature. They are 100% waterproof and fogproof, which are two essential features for the great outdoors. They are easy to focus and the prism glass provide a high refractive index and bright well defined images.
Bottom line: These are excellent binoculars for the money. They weigh 1.56 lbs, so they’re not ultra-light, but they strike a nice balance between price, quality and features.
- BaK-4 prisms for bright, clear, crisp viewing.
- Multi-coated optics for superior light transmission.
- 100% waterproof: O-ring sealed and nitrogen purged for reliable, fog-free performance.
- Non-slip rubber armor absorbs shock while providing a firm grip.
- Twist-up eye-cups.
- Large center-focus knob for easy adjustments.
- Longer eye relief.
- Magnification x Obj Lens: 10x 42mm
- Close Focus: (ft/m) 12/3.6
- Field of View: [email protected]/[email protected] : 305/102
- Prism Glass: BaK-4 (high refractive index and bright and well defined images)
Once-in-awhile you stumble across a Christmas gift idea that’s so cool you have to pinch yourself. I don’t want to get too excited, but I have to confess, this heated Dewalt jacket makes you think to yourself, “Huh, strange…uh…wow, this is amazing! Genius in fact.” C’mon, don’t lie. If you live in a cold area then this is a no-brainer. And, because it’s heated by batteries, it’s lighter than your standard winter jacket.
Perfect for work or play. This will definitely bring a smile to the face of that special someone who spends a lot of time in the cold.
This jacket isn’t intended for wet conditions, and I’m sure you can imagine why. Water and batteries don’t mix, but for cold temperatures, it’s right at home — like a lion prowling on the Savannah.
And yes, it includes a 20V Dewalt battery. As you can see, it has many great features. Please read them below to learn more about the Dewalt heated jacket.
- 20V MAX* and 12V MAX* Batteries can provide hours of core body warmth and continuous heat.
- Up to 7 hours of run-time on low setting using the 20V MAX* compact 1.5Ah battery.
- Durable water and wind resistant outer shell.
- 4 Core heating zones; upper left and right chest, mid-back, and collar.
- LED controller offers 3 temperature settings (high, medium, low) with pre-heat function
- USB Power Source accepts all DEWALT 20V MAX* and 12V MAX* batteries, includes battery fuel gauge, and 2 USB power ports for charging portable electronics.
- Battery pocket expands to accept 20V MAX* XR Li-Ion batteries which provide hours of core body warmth and continuous heat.
- Adjustable waistline and sleeve cuffs
- Available sizes S-3XL
And, it’s available for women too…
I’d be shocked if the person you buy this heated jacket for is not genuinely surprised when they open up their package. I’ve never met anyone that doesn’t like to be warm. It truly is a cool gift for anybody who loves the outdoors.
Olympus TG4 Tough Camera | 16MP 3″ LCD
NOTE : The Olympus TG-5 has since replaced the TG4 so we recommend the newer model.
The Olympus TOUGH TG-5 is the perfect companion for anyone who loves the outdoors and wants to capture every moment of their adventure. Consequently, this is also a great camera for someone who doesn’t want to baby their stuff and tends to throw stuff around — including electronic equipment.
Features (Olympus TOUGH TG-5) :
- 12 Megapixel BSI CMOS Sensor
- Ultra HD 4K Video
- 20fps Seq. Shooting (Electronic)
- High-Speed F2.0 Wide Angle Lens
- Microscope Modes
- RAW Capture
- Action Track Sensors
- Built-in Wi-Fi
- Sensor Shift Image Stabilization
- Waterproof to 50 ft / 15 m
- Shockproof to 7 ft / 2.1 m
- Crushproof to 220 lbf / 100 kgf
- Freezeproof to 14°F / -10°C
- Anti-Fog Lens Glass
**Info below is for the TG-4 (we will update this shortly for the TG-5)
The Olympus TG-4 is a highly durable camera specifically built to withstand the abuse that comes with being outside. How tough is it? Well, the OlympusTough TG-4 is waterproof to 15m/50ft, shockproof to 2.1m/7ft, crushproof to 100kgf/220lbf, and freezeproof to -10C/+14F. How’s that? Unless you’re deep sea diving or climbing Mount Kilamanjaro, this camera will be more than capable of handling whatever you throw at it.
This camera has countless great features that are too numerous to list here, but it shoots full HD video in 1080P, as well as having a built-in manometer, which records elevation and water depth. The e-compass offers information on direction, latitude and longitude. Also has built-in Wi-Fi, GPS, time interval shooting, four macro modes and the ability to add lenses for a wider range of photographs. If you want more details read this in-depth review at DP Review (Photography Site).
I should add, that not only is this a great rugged camera that will endure what you throw at it, but most importantly, it takes fantastic photos, which is typically why you’d want to buy a camera in the first place. I truly feel that great Christmas gift ideas seem obvious once you stumble upon them, and for anybody who spends a lot of time outside and who cares about capturing their experience of life and the world around them this is a very thoughtful gift.
- Water, Crush, Shock, Freeze & Dustproof
- RAW capture, Live Composite, Underwater modes with Underwater HDR
- Built-In Wi-Fi, GPS, and e-Compass
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording at 30 fps
- Olympus 4x Optical Zoom Lens
- ISO 6400 and 5 fps Continuous Shooting
- Interval Shooting and Microscope Mode
- 16MP BSI-CMOS
- TruePic VII Image Processor
- 25-100mm f/2.0-4.9 (35mm Equivalent)
- 3.0″ 460k-Dot LCD Monitor
Sometimes it’s the most basic things that make the best gifts. People often splurge on non-essential items, always making sure they have the latest gadgets, tools or camping equipment but when it comes to necessary items like winter gloves, umbrella’s and winter hats, people often neglect themselves.
These cold weather gloves are inexpensive, practical and thoughtful. What more could you want? For people who spend time outdoors — and that’s basically everybody — these comfy gloves will make winter a little more comfortable.
The Wind Resistant gloves are made with an internally bonded wind barrier that prevents cold air from pushing through when the gusts are strong. You can still use your touchscreen devices, without removing your gloves. The index finger and thumb have a patented material that allow you to use your devices with the gloves on. The palm features a durable layered construction with rugged Armortex reinforcement so you can conquer the work that lies ahead.
- Laminated wind barrier provides critical wind-resistance.
- Hook and loop top closure provides a secure fit with outerwear.
- C40 3M Thinsulate traps warm air to help regulate your body temperature.
- Ripstop nylon reinforcement prevents tearing and repels water.
- AX Double Connect touchscreen compatible index finger and thumb.
- Rugged Armortex palm and thumb reinforcement.
- Layered palm construction reduces material bunching.
- Removable spring clip keeps your gloves organized for easy storage.
- Machine washable.
Do you know someone who loves to go ice fishing? If so, then this is a great gift for those who love to spend their time fishing on ice.
The Eskimo Mako M43 power auger is high-quality ice auger at an affordable price. Powered by a 43cc gas engine, it can make drilling holes a breeze. Built with Quantum blades, able to withstand freezing cold weather, a fingertip throttle trigger for precise power control, and a translucent fuel tank makes it easy to see when you’re running out of gas. The Mako features comfortable foam-grip handles, a muffler guard, and a precision transmission.
If you prefer to spend less money and want your loved one to do some manual labor then you can also buy a hand-crank ice auger.
Eskimo also makes a 10″ propane powered ice auger.
or, maybe they need a new ice tent?
The FatFish 949 pop-up shelter fits 3-4 people and provides 61 square feet of fishable area. Designed with a strong hub design for a more durable shelter, protecting you from the elements. The tent and self-tapping ice anchors all fit into an over-sized bag, which can easily be carried on your back. Easy access to the large 61 sq.ft. fishing area. Unique X-style reflective trim enable your loved one to have a well-marked shelter for nighttime visibility.
The BioLite wood burning CampStove is highly practical if you’re searching for a gift for someone who loves camping. In a nutshell, this campstove converts heat from the fire into electricity with its built-in thermoelectric generator. The generator also powers the internal fan for better combustion, and a smokeless fire.
One of its great innovations is the fact that the fire creates electricity which allows you to charge your USB devices while the fire is burning. How cool is that?
The BioLite CampStove is designed to burn wood pellets, twigs, pine cones and other types of wood — just make sure they’re dry before you place it in the stainless steel canister. It’s very lightweight at 935 grams and about the size of a 1L water bottle, making it highly portable for any adventure. You can also use it in your backyard or at the beach. That’s the beauty of this product. It’s versatile.
This video created by BioLite shows how the system works:
You can also buy other related products such as the BioLite Kettle Pot which allows you to cook food with or make coffee. It’s up to you. It works beautifully with the CampStove as they’re designed to be integrated together. You can also expand the cooking surface of the CampStove with the stainless steel BioLite Portable Grill enabling you to cook up to 4 hamburger patties or 6 hotdogs. Impressive!
I love the practicality that went into the design of the BioLite CampStove and how you can add more features and functionality if you so desire. This is a nice thoughtful gift for someone who spends a lot of time with a backpack. Sometimes great Christmas gift ideas are both practical and cool. This one certainly fits that description.
- Powers most USB-chargeable devices, including smartphones.
- 20 minutes of charging with a fire will give you about 60 minutes of talk time on most smartphones. Charging times vary by device and by strength
- Can boil 1 liter of water in as little as 4 min. 30 seconds.
- Weighs about 2 lbs. and about the same size as a 1-liter water bottle.
- Starter battery helps jump-start the fire prior to the stove generating its own power.
- Over-molded ASA plastic grip material.
- Die cast aluminum center handle.
- 1.25″ fiberglass shaft.
- Polypropylene shovel head.
- 16 position locking mechanism, 22.5° intervals.
- Weight – 5.5 lbs.
The traditional snow shovel is obsolete. If someone insists on shoveling snow then get them an ergonomic snow shovel, or, if you’re really nice — and you can afford it — get them a snow blower.
A thoughtful gift comes in many forms. Everyone has a different budget when deciding on what gifts to get for the outdoor lover on your list. A pair of socks is just as thoughtful as a snow blower, so don’t ever reach beyond what you can afford. Trust your instincts when deciding on a Christmas gift. I believe that the best gifts are rooted in helping others accomplish their personal goals or alleviating their pain or frustration.
We’re all different, so look closely at the person you love and ask yourself: What could I give them that would make their life better? What do they genuinely need? How can I help them?
There have been a lot of jokes about getting socks for Christmas but like it or not we all need socks, especially when its cold outside. These Smartwool PHD socks are mostly made from Merino wool and they don’t itch like regular wool. Who wants to wear itchy socks? Not me. So don’t worry. These won’t itch your feet.
I also like the designs on these socks. The designs are subtle while providing just enough flair to make them look interesting and fashionable. We all want a little style in our life, don’t we? Even with our socks. Or maybe that’s just me. Also, I should add, there are more colors to choose from than what I’ve included in the photo. I just wanted to give you a taste of the different color schemes.Socks are one of those great Christmas gift ideas that nobody seems to appreciate because they’re almost too practical — if that’s possible.
Although socks may never get someone excited in the same way a high-tech gadget might, they can still be appreciated for their warmth and style.
- Patent pending ReliaWool Technology in high impact areas provides the longer lasting protection to keep feet comfortable.
- 7.5″ overall height.
- 67% Merino Wool, 31% Nylon, 2% Elastane, washer and dryer friendly
- Women’s sock sizes: SMALL: (shoe size 4-6.5) MEDIUM: (shoe size 7-9.5) LARGE: (shoe size 10-12.5)
- Body-side access design provides added security while wearing
- Unique, back-entry compartment with easy access offers easy access to gear when pack rotated to front
- Capacity for a 500mm f/4 lens protect, store and carry a large telephoto lens
- Roomy and padded camera compartment provides protective and adjustable divider system for easy customization of gear
- Contoured shoulder strap with padded waistbelt evenly distributes weight and provides exceptional comfort
- Patented, built-in All Weather AW Cover™ protects gear from rain, dust and sand
- Hideaway Tripod Mount™ system helps secure a tripod to the outside of pack for easy access
- Zippered, front storage compartment with space for a tablet provides quick access to a tablet, small accessories and personal items
- Built-in memory card pockets offer quick access and storage of extra memory
- SlipLock attachment loops increase carrying capacity with compatible cases, pouches and bags
The Kindling Cracker is made in a New Zealand foundry. It’s built of two solid pieces of high-quality cast iron, so it’s something that will last for many years to come. Pass it down to your grandchildren so they can use it to split their own kindling. No maintenance required.
Lightweight and ultra-portable, this Keter workstation is well-suited for the ones you love who love to tinker, build and create stuff. Capable of holding up to 1000 pounds, the BDWM1000 is designed with a clamping area where you can complete gluing projects or painting, sanding, and cutting jobs.
Features two one-handed clamps with four clamping slots and two clamp channels. Can handle either horizontal or vertical clamping tasks. An additional shelf keeps the bar clamps accessible, and the quick-release legs allow the table to collapse down to less than four inches in width. Ultra-mobile. Folds flat and has a built-in handle which means you can easily transport it wherever you need to work.
Watch this video and see how easy it is to use:
- Portable workstation.
- Unique quick-opening system.
- Includes two 12″/30cm clamps.
- Large work surface holds up to 453kg/1000lbs.
- Light weight and strong aluminum frame features an ergonomic design to ensure comfortable and easy walks
- UV resistant polyethylene decking, easy-to-use dual ratchet bindings and heel straps with quick release buckles
- Heavy duty aluminum crampons, rotate freely to bite into snow; heel crampons provide traction for heading down mild slopes
- Includes carry bag with back pack straps, side handles, mesh ventilation and Velcro pole carriers
- Recommended load: 59-90 pounds (23-41 kg); measures 18.9 x 7.5 Inch (48 x 19 cm); weighs 3.91 pounds (1.77 kg)
- Includes 8-foot propane hose for use with standard LP gas cylinder.
- 11.25-inch fire tray diameter.
- RV campground approved.
- Sturdy lid and security latches make it safe and easy to transport.
Watch the video of the Little Red Campfire:
Inside the box, you’ll find the Camco Olympian Propane Little Red Campfire, a self-storing carrying case, natural-looking logs, large burner ring, heat-resistant base and tray, 8′ propane hose with adjustable regulator, and warranty information.
The Montana 650 features a vast 4-inch, sunlight-readable touchscreen display that offers crystal clear enhanced colors and displays high-resolution images. It’s easy-to-use interface means you’ll spend more time enjoying the outdoors and less time searching for information. It’s durable and water resistant, built to withstand the elements. Designed to keep working despite any bumps, dust, dirt, humidity and water. Wherever you go — on the boat, on trails, camping, in the RV or on an ATV — the Montana 650 will be your best friend.
View or download the MANUAL.
- Uses map data to display your “full track view” so you know what you’re up against
- Logs everything (waypoints, tracks, caches, etc.) on your calendar so you can review (or brag) about your accomplishments later
- Changes to “night mode” automatically so your eyes stay focused even when the sun goes down
- Includes a QWERTY keyboard so you can find what you need and take notes faster
- Helps you keep your bearings straight by letting you to lock your screen to keep it from shifting directions (portrait to landscape or vice versa)
- Includes a 5 megapixel camera; each photo automatically is geotagged with the location of where it was taken
- Includes a microSD card slot so you can load topographic maps (for the trail) or BlueChart g2 preloaded cards (for the water). Also supports BirdsEye Satellite Imagery and Custom Maps
- Shares waypoints, tracks, routes and geocaches wirelessly with other compatible Garmin GPS users
- Locates your position quickly and precisely and maintains it even in heavy cover and deep canyons
- Includes a built-in 3-axis tilt-compensated electronic compass and barometric altimeter
- Features a one-of-a-kind dual battery system; you can use the rechargeable lithium-ion pack or traditional AA batteries
- Supports geocaching GPX files for downloading geocaches and details straight to your unit
Massive two-person, multi-season sleeping bag. Durable two-way zippers, thick taffeta shell, flannel lining, mummy-style hood. Includes stuff sack with compression straps. Lifetime guarantee. Double-wide quilted Mammoth 0°F sleeping bag has cushioning around zipper and shoulder to keeps drafts out and offset seams to distribute fill evenly and eliminate chilly spots. Drawstring hood and warm flannel lining retains body heat. Three no-snag, self-repairing zippers open either side and bottom for adjustable ventilation and connects to additional bags for even larger sleeping space.
- Double layer construction entire width and length of bag increases warmth and durability.
- Suitable for multi-season use in rugged conditions.
- Rated for cold temperatures.
- Sturdy taffeta shell stands up to years of use.
- Sturdy no-snag two-way zippers with metal pulls.
- Full-length zipper baffle reduces drafts.
- Mammoth bags zippered bags zip together.
- Mummy style hood keeps head or pillow off the ground.
Remember the traditional wheelbarrow? Well, forget about it. This Gorilla Cart is a very practical gift for a casual gardener or lawn professional who needs to haul stuff around on a regular basis. These carts are built tough enough to withstand the abuse it will likely get, including pneumatic tires for any terrain, 600lb load capacity and rust resistant poly bed.
This could also be great to take to the beach, allowing you to move your stuff from your SUV (sorry, too big for a car) to your favorite spot. Get creative. Also, it has a dumping system that makes it simple to unload your stuff, including: gravel, dirt, fertilizer, rocks, sand, mulch and anything else that’s suitable.
If you want something more heavy duty the same company also makes a heavy-duty model with a 1200lb load capacity and comes with a 40″x25″ poly bed and 13″ pneumatic tires: Gorilla Cart GOR866D
- Patented quick-release dump feature allows for fast and easy unloading .
- 36″x20″ rust resistant poly bed, steel frame and black finish.
- Padded handle for comfort.
- 10″ pneumatic tires can tackle all terrain types.
- 600-pound hauling capacity.
- 1-year limited warranty
- Features include:
- Thermo-elastic liquid-filled capsule with floating dial
- Rotating bezel ring
- Ruler units on the sides measuring in both inches and centimeters
- Built-in bubble level
- Folding thumb ring
- Tripod screw hole on base
- Adjustable diopter sighting lens
- Sighting lines on cover
- Conversion chart for angle, gradient & distance on back plate
- Heavy-duty digital camouflage print cover
- 36” lanyard
- Water-resistant nylon pouch
Enhance your fishing experience with the detailed view of the bottom terrain, and fish holding habitat using innovative Deeper Smart Imaging technology.
Deeper sonar is powerful enough to perfectly function in the depths from 1.5 ft (0.5 m) to ~130 ft (40 m) below the surface in both salt and fresh waters.
High accuracy sonar shots reveal most of the fish species with a crystal clarity, and allows you to target your prey with confidence.
Deeper temperature sensors provide accurate fluctuations of the water temperature so you always know the perfect biting time.
- Free application includes fish activity calendar, weather, diary, maps, sharing functions.
- Works in conjunction with smart phones and tablets (Both compatible – Apple iOS and Android).
- Smart, portable, wireless Connected via Bluetooth; Rechargeable battery.
- Can locate fish in hard to reach places: shore, bridges, embankments, dock, in rivers, kayak, float tube, radio controlled bait boats, ice fishing.
- Dual beam: 290kHz (15Degree), 90kHz (55Degree). Depth up to 130ft. battery up to 4 hours.
Hot tubs are very expensive, costing thousands of dollars, but the Coleman Lay-Z Spa is inexpensive and effective at creating the spa experience. Don’t be fooled by the fact that its inflatable. This package contains everything you need to have the hot tub experience in your very own backyard.
After a long day working outside, nothing feels better than soaking your aching and tired body in the warm embrace of a hot tub. It comes with the pump to keep the water flowing; which also enables you to inflate the spa. Comes with a full cover to keep out debris and bugs when it’s not in use. It’s a wonderful package that won’t break the bank.
Has 120 bubble jets. Heats water up to 104 degrees Fahrenheit.
Learn more by watching this set-up video:
- Inflated walls are made from 3 layers of material.
- Lay-Z-Massage and Rapid-heating system.
- Integrated water filtration.
- Cushioned floor with convenient quick-drain system.
- Durable cover with lock-clips and built-in air chamber for insulation.
- Inflates using the spa’s pump
- Digitally controlled pump with soft-touch control panel
- Includes heat-lock cover.
Have you ever played ring toss? I know, it doesn’t look like much but if you’ve played it you know it’s a fun game to play with family and friends, inside and outside. What better way to have fun with the family than a game that gets people up and moving. It’s easy for anyone to pick up and play but don’t be fooled by its simplicity. Golf is also simple but as you know, people get very addicted to golf. Okay, it’s not golf, but it still a fun time.
This Champion Ring Toss Set is constructed out of wood and comes with different colored rings so you can play team games. And to top it all of, it’s inexpensive at under $20. Great Christmas gift ideas for the whole family are something that more people need to think about. We all want to bond with one another, so why not encourage some fun family time. Who says that a gift can’t be a little selfish. You know you want to play!
Or you can consider the more traditional game of Bocce. A fun game if you have a big backyard.
If you live in a city where you’re guaranteed to get lots of snow as you do every year then a snow blower is almost essential but not everybody decides to buy one for their home. Some people stick to the old school method of using a snow shovel but seriously, if you get a lot of snow then a snow blower can save a lot of time and frustration. This is one of those gifts that will make your life so much better on those days when a blizzard comes to town.
The Toro 38381 Power Curve snow blower is very well reviewed which is always important when spending money on such an item. It has deep-cutting blades, and powerful 15 amp electric motor to move to lots of snow, and provides you with an adjustable chute so you can control exactly where all the snow goes. You may find this hard to believe but it only weighs 25 pounds and folds up for easy storage.
This snow blower can clear a path 18″ wide and 12″ deep; moving up to 700 pounds of snow in a minute. Let’s see you try that with a snow shovel. Obviously this is a gift for someone you love dearly but it will benefit the entire family.
You’ll need to buy the appropriated extension cord so I suggest you read my article on buying an extension cord to help you decide.
If you like the idea of buying a snow blower but don’t want to spend too much money then perhaps the Toro 38361 Power Shovel (7.5 Amp) electric snow thrower makes more sense for you as it costs just under $100. Much more inexpensive but obviously not as powerful. It’s up to you, but it’s something to think about and a useful tool depending on where you live.
If I lived in a geographic location where big dumps of snow as to be expected every year, I can guarantee you that I would think this is one of those Christmas gift ideas that will benefit everyone in the household.
For heavy snowfalls you’ll be better off buying a two-stage snow blower as a gift. If you live in a cold region, make sure you buy an appropriate gift.
- Power Curve System: Curved rotor and inverted funnel housing, moves more snow in less time and virtually eliminates clogging.
- Ergonomic handle for increased comfort.
- Lift handle allows you to easily move around.
- Maintenance free: no gas or oil.
- Quick Lever adjusts the chute, left to right enabling you to control where the snow goes.
- Zip deflector: Change the direction and choose the angle to throw snow where you want.
- Large 6-inch wheels for greater mobility.
We all like to kick back and relax, especially outside when the weather is good. I know that there’s nothing better than finding a comfortable spot outside on a nice day, with a cool breeze blowing over you. This Vivere Sunbrella Hammock will provide the perfect spot to unwind or take a break from yard work around the house. It’s built for two so there’s plenty room if you use it on your own and perfect if you have someone to snuggle up to.
As you can see in the photo, it’s well constructed with heavy duty steel and the fabric resists UV so it won’t fade and also resistant to staining and mildew, which is important since it will likely be outside. Don’t be concerned about assembly, because it only takes minutes and does not require any tools.
What better than to give the gift of relaxation to someone you love this Christmas. Stylish and fun, with a wide variety of color combinations to choose from. Another great Christmas gift idea for someone in the family; with the added bonus that you can lounge on it too.
- Double hammock with space-saving stand.
- Soft, breathable Sunbrella fabric resists UV, fading, staining and mildew.
- Space-saving 9-Foot stand. Constructed of heavy duty steel.
- Assembles in minutes without any tools.
- Includes a carrying case
- Hammock bed is 58 x 95-Inches, with a total length of 144″; accommodates two adults, 450-pound capacity.
If you know someone who has a yard then they likely have a need for a chainsaw. The WORX WG301.1 is an electric corded chainsaw that’s lightweight at 11lbs making it easy to carry and built ergonomically so it’s comfortable in your hands. No need to worry about maintenance like you do with gas chainsaws. This saw is plug and play. Ideal for weekend gardeners or homeowners who have the need to fell small trees, do some pruning or cut small pieces of firewood.
Learn more by reading our comprehensive feature article: WORX Chainsaws.
- Patented tool-free tensioning system prevents over-tightening
- Built-in chain brake for added safety
- Automatic oil lubrication and built-in oil reservoir with level indicator
- Rubberized rear handle for added comfort and grip
- 3/8″ pitch reduced kickback chain safely improves cutting performance
What will you do when the power goes out? Where will you get power in a natural disaster? Most people don’t want to think about such scenario’s but when it happens you’ll be happy you spent the money on this DuroStart gas powered portable generator. This generator can run for eight hours on a full tank of fuel at at 1/2 load. It will pay for itself if you only use it once because when your refrigerator goes out, all your food will spoil so the ability to keep your fridge cold, as well as everything else that it will run will be well worth the initial cost.
It’s built to be quiet, as far as generator’s go. Obviously not a toy or something you’re going to have fun with but it’s one of the most practical gifts you can buy in case of a disaster or emergency. It can also be used for camping or used on a job site, if you have an SUV to put it in. It’s rather heavy at over 100 lbs so if you decide to buy this I strongly recommend buying the DuroStar DS4000S-WK wheel kit so you can move it around easily. In fact, I’ll say that these wheels are essential since I can’t imagine picking this up and moving it around.
This generator is not CARB-compliant which means it can’t be used in California so if you happen to live in California then here’s a good portable generator to consider: Champion Power Equipment Portable Generator (Model:42436 | 1500W)
I have a few items on this list for disasters because it’s something that I think about often and most people tend to overlook, so few people are prepared when a disaster strikes, such as a: tornado, hurricane, earthquake, blackout and anything else that may knock out the power. If you want to buy someone a useful gift that will genuinely surprise them; buy them something out of the ordinary that may save their life one day. Now that’s what I call thoughtful. I know I’d appreciate someone looking out for my well-being.
- 7.0 Hp air cooled OHV engine with low oil shutoff. Forced air cooling system.
- Heavy duty steel frame with four point fully isolated motor mounts for smooth and quiet operation.
- Run-time 50 percent maximum output 8.0 hrs.
- 4.0 gal. fuel tank with easy to read gauge.
- Shuts off when the oil is low.
- Max AC output 4000W.
- Rated AC output 3300W.
The Ready America Survival Kit (Model: 70385) is another gift idea focused on the art of survival. Ready America is a company that creates products capable of performing during an emergency. This particular survival kit is made for a family of four. I personally have a similar kit and I keep it in my closet for peace of mind. Thankfully I’ve never had to use it but I live in Vancouver, BC and we’re situated along a major fault line so a massive earthquake is inevitable. Sad, but true.
This is a comprehensive survival kit that provides a family of four everything they’ll need to survive for three days after a disaster. Most people don’t realize that when a major disaster strikes you’re typically on your own and it’s essential that you have all the essentials you need to survive for the first 72 hours. Just look at historical disasters and you’ll realize that people are left to their own for the first few days or weeks because rescuers are slow to get to the people who need help.
I know, it’s not the type of gift you’d associate with Christmas but for someone who has a family, it’s a priceless gift. Forget about Christmas for a moment, I suggest that everyone has such a kit for the safety of their family.
This Kit Includes: food, water, an emergency power station, duct tape, and a multi-function pocket tool.
The Emergency Power Station has a multitude of functions, including: flashlight, AM/FM radio, cell phone charger and a siren. One minute of cranking produces either 30 minutes of bright light, 2 minutes of talk time on a cell phone, or 15 minutes of radio. The multi-function pocket tool includes: knife, screwdriver, bottle opener and pliers.
- (4) Food Bars (2400 Calorie) (5-year shelf life)
- (4) Boxes of Water (1 Liter) (5-year shelf life)
- (4) Emergency Ponchos
- (4) Survival Blankets
- (1) Emergency Power Station: Flashlight/AM-FM Radio/Siren/Phone Charger
- (1) Duct Tape (10 yards)
- (1) Multi-Function Pocket Tool
- (1) First-Aid Kit (107 piece)
- (4) Emergency Lightsticks (12-hr)
- (8) 10″ Nitrile Gloves
- (4) Safety Goggles
- (4) Niosh N-95 Dust Mask
- (4) Pocket Tissue Packs
- (1) Pair of Leather Gloves
- (1) Emergency Whistle
- (12)Pre-Moistened Towelettes
- (3) Bio-Hazard Bags
- (1) Backpack
The LuminAID Solar Light is one of the coolest lights you’ll ever find. For starters, it’s inflatable, lightweight and waterproof. It packs flat, making it super portable and provides up to 15 hours of LED light. Not only that, but it can be recharged in the sun. This is a great little gadget for recreational use, whether it’s camping, hiking, at the beach or around the home as an extra light source.
If you have an outdoor adventurer on your shopping list and you’re struggling to find something unique to buy then this is it. I can almost guarantee they won’t be expecting the LuminAid Solar Light.
It’s a highly portable light that can easily hook to a backpack or tent. Watch the video to see it in action. Prepare to be impressed. A wonderful gadget for any adventure.
- Push Button Switch (HIGH and LOW settings)
- 8-10 Hours LED light (on HIGH setting)
- 14-16 Hours LED light (on LOW setting)
- Recharges in 6-7 hours of direct sunlight
- High-efficiency mono-crystalline solar panel
- Lithium-Polymer Ion battery with hundreds of recharge cycles
- Weight: 3 oz
- Dimensions: 8.25″ W x 12″ L (when not inflated) Waterproof up to 1 meter deep and can float (IPX-7)
The WORX Leaf Mulcher is a great gift for someone who has a yard and has the need to get rid of heaps of leaves on a regular basis. Let’s face it, leaves are annoying. They clutter your yard and take up a lot of space. This is where the Leaf Mulcher will make life a whole lot easier. It will turn rotting leaves into organic mulch, rich in vitamins, and perfect fertilizer for the garden.
A thoughtful gift for someone who cares about the environment; transforming yard waste into useable compost in your garden. Adding mulch to a garden and flower beds aerates the soil, increasing the water retention in the soil, as well as reducing watering time and saving money.
It has a 13 amp motor that mulches up to 53 gallons of leaves per minute, turning eleven bags of leaves into one. Very useful in my humble opinion. Has a built-in dust-reducing motor cooling system to significantly reduce dust. Very lightweight at 20lbs, making it easy to move around.
If you need a heavy-duty wood chipper or mulcher you might be interested in Patriot’s commercial grade tree and leaf shredders.
- 13.0 amp motor mulches up to 53 gallons of leaves per minute.
- Disposes of leaves and debris directly into a bag (bag not included).
- Tool-free, quick assembly.
- Flex-a-Line bladeless mulching system.
- 11:1 mulch ratio.
- Clean air motor cooling system.
- Easily collapses down for convenient storage.
The Victorinox SwissChamp is like fitting a toolbox in your pocket. It’s amazing at how many functional tools they pack into such a small package. Ideal for almost anyone, but especially suited for someone who likes to get out in the world and immerse themselves in nature, or for the do-it-yourself person who’s always working on projects around the home.
From fish scaler to wire cutters, the SwissChamp has a tool for nearly any job without adding significant bulk to your gear – making it the perfect companion for virtually anyone.
This tool includes all of the following: 1. large blade 2. small blade 3. corkscrew 4. can opener with 5. small screwdriver 6. cap lifter with- 7. screwdriver 8. wire stipper 9. reamer 10. key ring 11. tweezers 12. scissors 13. toothpick 14. multi-purpose hook (parcel carrier) 15. wood saw 16. fish scaler with 17. hook disgorger 18. ruler (cm + inches) 19. nailfile with 20. metal file 21. nail cleaner 22. metal saw 23. fine screwdriver 24. chisel/scraper 25. pliers with 26. wire crimping tool 27. wire cutters 28. Phillips screwdriver 29. magnifying glass 30. ballpoint pen 31. pin stainless 32. mini-screwdriver 33. sewing eye
- 3.5-inch Swiss Army Knife with a set of 32 tools to use while camping, hiking, fishing, and more.
- Includes blades, can and bottle openers, screwdrivers, bottle opener, to name a few.
- Also features a wire cutter, wood saw, magnifying glass, fish scaler, hook disgorger, and more.
- Polished cellidor case All tools stainless steel.
- Lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects.
For someone who loves music these Bose Free Space 51 speakers are intended to placed outdoors to bring music and sound to your environment. Highly durable and rugged, able to withstand all types of weather, 365 days of the year. Suited to be situated in the garden, deck or patio and can connect to your existing audio equipment.
Bose is world renowned for their sound quality so you can be sure that these sound great from any direction due to their unique design.
- 360-degree sound coverage for our widest outdoor speaker coverage.
- In-ground or on-ground installation for landscape speaker or patio speaker placement.
- Engineered to withstand snow, sun, rain, ice and saltwater spray.
- Withstand temperatures from -40 to +150 degrees Fahrenheit. Has passed the rigorous salt fog test 66% longer than required by the Marine Industry Standard.
This is the perfect item for people who love to BBQ and/or use a smoker. The Ivation Long Range Wireless Digital Thermometer monitors the temperature of your meat being cooked in your grill, smoker or oven — up to 300 feet away. The receiver can display temperatures up to 572 degrees Fahrenheit and will alert you if the temperature happens to go outside of the programmed range.
In a world where everything is wireless this is a brilliant idea and will save you a lot of time. You’ll no longer have to babysit the BBQ and smoker. This thermometer frees you up to move around the house and get things done while your food is cooking. Guaranteed to make cooking more enjoyable and very reasonably priced.
A great Christmas gift idea for anyone who has a BBQ or a smoker, and enjoys using it.
- Monitor internal temperature of meat and smoker or grill from 300 feet away.
- Wireless receiver with LCD beeps and flashes when meat temperature goes above your programmed temperature.
- Receiver beeps and flashes if temperature falls above or below your programmed range.
- Receiver displays barbecue temperature up to 572°F
- Food probe wire can be inserted 6 inches into meat.
- Both probe wires are heat resistant to 716°F.
- Can be used in oven or smoker too!
Sometimes you stumble upon something that is so unique that you can’t contain yourself. The Miracle-Gro AeroGarden 7 is one of those products. In a nutshell: With this gadget you can grow plants indoors without any soil — all year round. You can grow herbs, vegetable or flowers in the comfort of your kitchen or living room — anywhere you want.
It’s easy to use and setup so anybody can have a green thumb. But besides the convenience and fun factor of the AeroGarden; plants grow 5x faster than they do in soil. It has a control panel that automatically creates the ideal conditions for your plants to flourish, by controlling the lights, reminding you when to water the plants and add the liquid nutrients. It’s as easy as it gets. Perfect for someone who lives in an apartment or condo.
Includes seven seed packs, including: Italian basil, cilantro, mint, dill, parsley, chives and purple basil. If you want something more advanced you might like this: Miracle-Gro AeroGarden ULTRA LED. or if you think this would make a fun Christmas gift but you don’t want to spend too money, you can buy the smaller version: AeroGarden 3-Pod Indoor Garden.
Great Christmas gift ideas are hard to come by and for the person who loves to garden this is a very unique gift idea. Perfect for someone who loves the outdoors so much they want to bring it indoors, or someone who likes simplicity and is too lazy to put in the hard work of a real garden.
- Grows salads, herbs flowers, cherry tomatoes, peppers and more.
- NASA-proven. Soil-free growing technology grows plants up to 10X faster than plants grown in soil.
- Easy, foolproof and 100-Percent guaranteed.
- 2 energy efficient grow lights, grow indoors anywhere, any time of year.
- Automated light, nutrients and water reminders.
- 20″ (L) x 12.25″ (W) x 15-Inch Minimum Height, Extends to 21-Inch Maximum
It wouldn’t be right if I didn’t recommend this great book by David Lee: Chainsaws: A History. Obviously, this book isn’t for everyone but it’s a great coffee table book for anyone who loves their chainsaw, or collects them. I know there are a few chainsaw enthusiasts out there. This book is filled with beautiful pictures accompanied by well written text that brings to life the history of chainsaws.
Books are always great Christmas gift ideas if you know what type of books that person is interested in. And this is the book for anyone interested in the history of chainsaws, or chainsaws in general. It’s a fairly inexpensive gift as well. I did a proper review of this book a few weeks ago. Review of: Chainsaws: A History
- Winner of the 2007 Award for Best Non-Fiction Book from Arts Hamilton
- Winner of US Magazine Independent Publisher’s IPPY Award for Best Western Canadian Regional Title
The ReLeaf leaf scoops will make life just a little easier for all homeowners who regularly find themselves with a pile of leaves to pick up. My guess is that kids will probably enjoy using these, which means you can recruit kids to do all dirty work from here on in. It’s not a complicated gift, but it’s practical and inexpensive.
I think it’s a great design and guaranteed to make your life easier. Another good reason to use these leaf scoops is to prevent yourself from getting hurt by accidentally picking up anything sharp that finds itself in your leaf pile. Or, it can be used to pick up sharp debris without having to worry about hurting yourself.
If you’re looking for an easy way to bag your leaves, try the Bag Butler. It’s far more efficient than using a regular plastic bag.
- Saves you time by making it easier and more efficient to scoop up those leaves.
- Protects you from sharp debris and stinging nettles.
- Scoop up and stay clean.
- Ergonomic design makes it comfortable to use.
- Lifetime quality guarantee: Hassle free “Return & Replace” policy for life.
This Howard Leight R-01526 Sport device is for the hunter in your life. These are built to protect the hearing of hunters by automatically shutting out sounds when they reach above 82 dB, and therefore preventing any damage to the ears. Beyond that, these headphones have built-in directional microphones that amplify range commands and ambient sounds up to 82 dB, allowing for natural listening and enhanced communication. It amplifies sounds up to 4x to better hear game while on the hunt.
Another great feature is the ability to plug-in an MP3 player or other audio device via the AUX input so you can also listen to music while you’re out in the field. If you’re working on a list of great Christmas gift ideas for hunters be sure to add this Howard Leight sport headset to your list.
If you want something with even greater protection then consider the Howard Leight by Honeywell R-01902 Impact Pro.
- Amplifies ambient sound to safe 82 dB.
- Allows wearers to hear important communications, including other shooters and environmental sounds.
- Directionally placed stereo microphones amplify and enhance sound for more natural hearing.
- Non-deforming outer headband makes these highly durable.
- Low-profile design eliminates interference when shooting.
- Blends nicely with camouflage.
- Features Bilsom Technology’s patented Air Flow Control technology for optimal attenuation across all frequencies.
- Snap-in ear cushions make replacement quick and easy.
- AUX input allows connection with external MP3 players or other audio devices.
Much more than a radio, this Ambient Weather WR-112 device does it all, and more. Yes, it’s an AM/FM radio but it has a built-in light, a crank generator to charge the internal battery or an external USB device, like your smartphone. It’s solar powered so you can charge the battery via the sun. It’s also a NOAA weather alert radio so you can always listen to important weather alerts in your area. For example, if you live in a tornado prone area you can continually get updates and more importantly, be warned before disaster strikes.
This is marketed as an emergency radio but it’s also perfect for the beach, camping or any other type of adventure that you may embark on. Yup, another emergency product but for people who love the outdoors this would be very useful and therefore it goes on my list of great Christmas gift ideas for outdoorsy people.
You can also buy a similar device compact enough to fit in your pocket for increased portability but with less features: CC Pocket (AM/FM and NOAA Weather Radio with Clock and Sleep Timer).
- Dynamo Power: The hand crank generator charges the internal Lithium Ion battery.
- Solar Power: You can play this Radio with the direct Sun or charge the Lithium Ion battery.
- USB Power: With the included adapter, you can play or charge with USB power from a computer.
- Rechargeable Power: Lithium-ion battery included.
- Digital AM/FM NOAA Weather Alert Radio, a powerful 3 LED flashlight, and cell phone, MP3, MP4, Amazon Kindle, Apple Ipod, Ipad, IPhone and USB charger, all in one portable package.
I don’t about you but I hate when batteries run out on me. It can be annoying if you live in the city but if you’re out camping, hiking, hunting or out on any other outdoor adventures then having your smartphone battery die on you could be cause for major concern. One of the great things about modern technology is that it allows us to always be connected to one another but in order to do so you need battery power and sadly, batteries haven’t improved much in the past twenty years.
A plug and play generator for emergencies, camping, or wherever you need power. The Goal Zero Yeti 150 Solar Generator is a gas free source of portable power to keep lights, phones and laptops powered on through any situation. It’s your portable mini powerhouse.
The Goal Zero Yeti 150 can be charged by connecting to a compatible solar panel, plugging into a regular wall outlet, or connecting to your car’s 12V adapter.
- Plug Yeti 150 into a solar panel and place in the sun; it takes roughly 30 – 60 hrs. to charge with the Nomad 27 solar panel (not included)
- Two other ways to charge Yeti 150: from the wall (takes about 6 hrs.) or from your car using 12V port (takes about 8 hrs.)
- Common devices that Yeti 150 powers include laptops, tablets, lights, C-PAP machines, smartphones, cameras, e-readers, MP3 players and personal gaming devices
- Portable wall outlet powers laptops, lights and smartphones anywhere
- Easy to carry with the convenient pop-up handle
- Lead acid battery features 168 watt-hours (12V, 14Ah) capacity, hundreds of cycles, three-month shelf life, no fuses and built-in charging/low-battery protection
- Generator operates in temperatures ranging from 32° to 104° F (0° to 40° C)
- The Goal Zero Yeti 150 solar power generator offers the following approximate power: 12V light (50 hrs.); smartphone (15 recharges); tablet (6 recharges); laptop (2 recharges)
Nobody wants to think about getting hurt but if you know someone who is active and loves to play outdoors then it’s safe to assume that eventually they’ll get injured. Unfortunately, if you suffer from a serious injury and you’re in the middle of nowhere or even if you’re at home, the first thing you need to do is stop the bleeding. That’s where this Adventure Medical Trauma Pack becomes indispensible.
This isn’t your average pharmacy first aid kit. It contains QuikClot, which stops bleeding significantly faster than regular gauze. In fact it will stop major bleeding within minutes, including a gunshot wound. It’s easy to apply; just remove the dressing from the wrapping by ripping the top off, then apply the dressing to any life-threatening bleeding. This is a kit that includes a variety of dressings and first aid tools that you can use as needed.
This may not be a sexy gift but it might save someone’s life someday. Not enough people plan for emergencies so help them do the planning buy considering this gift. Perfect for keeping around the house, car and backpack. A great gift idea for anybody, but especially for people who like to explore, travel and for homeowners always working on new projects for the home.
- Stops bleeding fast.
- Instruction pamphlet with information on treating traumatic injuries.
- Durable, waterproof, and reusable.
- Made for tactical first response.
- Bandage Materials Trauma Pad, 5 x 9 inches
- QuickClot Sport 25 grams
- Duct Tape, 2 x 26 inches
- Fracture / Sprain Bandage, Triangular
- Wound Care Gloves, Nitrile (Pair), Hand Wipe
- Bleeding Dressing, Gauze, Sterile, 4 x 4 inches, Package/2
- Dressing, Gauze, Sterile, 2 x 2 inches, Package/2
- Bandage, Conforming Gauze, 3 inches
- Duct Tape
Not all axes are created equal and the Fiskars 7884 X27 is one of the best axes you can buy. This axe is built to last, but more importantly it’s been designed with excellent materials making cutting wood easy and safe. I suggest you just read the list of features below to get the full picture of what this axe is made of and how it’s constructed. If you know someone who chops wood on a regular basis and has the need for an axe then this is the one to get.
It comes in a variety of lengths so you can tailor it to the person you’re buying for. Sizes include: 17-Inches; 23.5-Inches; 28-Inches; and 36-Inches. This is a beautiful axe, made with an exquisite commitment to quality, so if you’re looking for great Christmas gift ideas for someone who tends to cut a lot of firewood then think about buying this Fiskars axe.
Perhaps a hatchet is more inline with what you want to buy, in that case the same company also makes a nice hatchet that can be added to your list of ‘great Christmas gift ideas’ for someone who likes to cut kindling and small logs: Fiskars X7 14 Inch Hatchet
You can find out more in our full review of Fiskars splitting and chopping axes.
- Designed to give you more one-strike splits.
- Perfected balance and power-to-weight ratio increases swing speed to multiply power.
- Extremely-sharp blade with a low-friction coating.
- Stronger-than-steel. FiberComp handle won t break and the PermaHead axe head will not loosen or fly off.
- Great for taller users. Provides power and speed for easy splitting of medium-sized to extra-large logs.
- Unique blade-grinding technique for a sharper edge and clean cuts.
- Hardened forged steel blade maintains sharpness longer than a traditional axe.
- Shock-absorbing DuraFrame handle is lightweight and stronger than steel.
- Non-slip grip for greater comfort and control.
- Comes with a protective sheath for increased safety.
- Designed in Billnäs, Finland.
Made by Cooper Lighting, the LED 130 Might-D-Light is a highly versatile work light; versatile enough to adapt to your working needs. What can it do? Well, it has a hinge so you can adjust it from 0 to 200 degrees, which enables you to use it free-standing under a sink, in the basement, on the side of the road or anywhere you find yourself needing a light to work.
It has two powerful neodymium magnets that allows you to attach the light to metal surfaces, which is pretty handy, especially if you’re working in tight spaces, like underneath the hood of your car. It has 80 LED lights which is the equivalent of a 60W light-bulb — LED lights are far more pleasant than incandescent or halogen work lamps. The battery lasts about two hours on a single charge.
A fantastic work light for the person who is always working on a project, and likes to tinker in their spare time. Great Christmas gift ideas can also seem common but unique at the same time. This LED 130 Might-D-Light is both, and ideal for anyone who does a lot of work around the home.
- Long-life LED lights.
- Cordless and rechargeable. Comes with charging adapter.
- Durable polycarbonate lens.
- Nylon swivel hook.
- Easy-grip cushioned handle.
- Reflective strips for higher visibility during roadside applications.
- Integrated neodymium magnets for securing to most metals.
- Up to two-hour battery life.
The Bosch Power Box PB360S-RT is a weather-resistant audio system that produces 360 degrees of sound. Has an AM/FM radio with custom equalizer settings. As you can see in the photo, it’s not a regular radio. It has a roll cage to protect it, making it perfect for a jobsite, camping or the beach.
It also has 4-way power outlets and 12V DC adapter so you can run tools and devices from it. It has an integrated battery charger to charge your gadgets as well. I seem to have included a lot of battery chargers in this list for some reason. Probably because I hate running out of battery power and I have a belief that you can’t have too many battery backups in this day and age when all our devices are powered by batteries. I personally have several battery chargers and I never worry about running out of battery power. It’s a nice feeling to have.
This Bosch Power Box is one of those great Christmas gift ideas that is versatile enough to be used at work and at play with the same result of adding joy— music — and practicality for everyone involved.
You can also plug-in your audio player to listen through the speakers, which will probably make you popular with friends and family. Although you might get into heated debates as to who has better taste in music. And lastly, it has a powered USB port and SD/MMC card slot.
If you want a similar product, but want something smaller, cheaper, and more compact, try: Porter-Cable PC18JR.
- Four-way speakers and subwoofer.
- Moisture and dust-resistant (IP rating of 54).
- Aluminum and rubber roll cage.
- 20 FM/10 AM presets, 5 preset equalizer settings. Advanced digital tuning.
- Separate bass and treble controls.
- Battery/charger bay.
- AUX 1 in port, (2) AUX in ports.
- Line out port. Powered USB port. SD card port.
- Four-way power outlets.
- 12 V DC plug.
For the average homeowner an electric chainsaw is the perfect wood-cutting tool — much easier to use and maintain than a gas chainsaw. The GreenWorks DigiPro G-Max 40V battery-powered chainsaw is one of the best electric chainsaws you can buy.
A great Christmas gift idea for any homeowner who has a need for pruning, limbing, felling small trees or cutting firewood. At 40V this is a powerful electric chainsaw powered by lithium-ion batteries. It’s relatively lightweight at 11.6 pounds, making it easy to carry around and with its wraparound handle, it’s very comfortable in your hands. Plus the built-in chain brake is essential to prevent kickback injuries.
Learn more in our article: GreenWorks 80V and 40V Chainsaw Reviews
If you want to learn more about chainsaws and are interested in comparing models then I suggest you browse through some of our other articles:
- Chainsaw Buying Guide
- Cheap Gas Chainsaws
- Gas Chainsaws for Homeowners
- Electric Chainsaws
- Battery Chainsaws
- Black & Decker Alligator Lopper
- Top Handle Chainsaws
- Cuts up to 100 cuts on a single charge. Includes a powerful 4AH Battery and Charger
- Uses the GreenWorks G-MAX 40V Li-Ion System.
- Brushless motor delivers up to 30% more torque and 70% less vibration increased comfort.
- Built-in chain brake and low kickback chain for better operator safety.
Two-wheel scooters are currently very popular, and maybe it’s not a hoverboard as in Back To the Future but for now, it’s as close as we can come to simulate the feeling of hovering. It takes some time to get the hang of it but this is also a fun way to travel short distances and goof off and have some fun.\
There have been a lot of safety concerns with some brands of self-balancing scooters but this model is Amazon’s own brand so you know they did all the proper safety testing. Amazon does everything possible to protect its customers, so if you’re going to buy one self-balancing electric scooter, this is the one to get!
- Run errands and travel around easily.
- Learn how to use it in under 5 minutes.
- Moves safely in each direction.
- Includes a Samsung Battery that enables you to room up to 8 miles.
- Safely reaches speeds up to 5 MPH.
- Includes UL Charger.
Do you know someone who loves to tinker and build their stuff. Weather at home or in the wild, this cool Tread multi-tool bracelet from Leatherman will impress the DIY person in your life. Able to create usable tools like Allen wrenches, screwdrivers and box wrenches at a moment’s notice. Adjustable to ¼” to accommodate any wrist size and you have the freedom to configure out with the links you need most. stylish and functional.
Watch this great video. Lots of great information.
View or download the GUIDE for this wonderful multi-tool from Leatherman.
- 10 stainless steel links turn into 29 portable tools.
- Customize the Tread bracelet to meet your tool needs.
- Portable. Wearable. Practical. Stylish. Did I mention practical?
- Formed out of 17-4 stainless steel.
- Includes: Stainless steel links: Phillips, box wrench, screwdriver, hex drive, oxygen tank wrench, flat head, carbide glass breaker, sim card pick, cutting hook, socket drive, bottle opener, square drive.
- 5.9oz / 168g
- 8.56in / 21.74cm circumference
- 1.2in / 3.05cm band width
- 10 links / 29 tools
- 17-4 stainless steel (DLC)
Learn more about Tread on the Leatherman site.
Great Christmas Gift Ideas are Timeless
Great Christmas gift ideas aren’t that easy to come up with. There are millions of potential gifts you can buy but the best gift is always one suited to the particular taste and lifestyle of the person you’re buying for. In this case, my focus was on coming up with a list for great Christmas gift ideas for people who love the outdoors; for people who enjoy playing or working outside.
There’s no point in buying a gift for someone that doesn’t align with who they are and what they need. Why waste money on a useless gift when you can spend it wisely on a Christmas gift that someone will actually use and appreciate over time.
I strongly believe that great Christmas ideas are timeless. Meaning, they prove their worth over time and aren’t just a passing fad or a fanciful item with no purpose; only to be admired for a short period of time. If you truly want to come up with great Christmas ideas for everyone on your Christmas shopping list — not just outdoor lovers — then you have to think long-term and match their personality and interests to the the ideas swirling in your head. It requires a little time and effort to come up with great Christmas gift ideas for someone but it’s worth it.
Too often people buy gifts that are novelty items because they may be fun or amusing on Christmas day but you know that they will never be looked at or used again once Christmas is over. All of these great Christmas gift ideas are either practical, useful, fun, or even life-saving — and although they may not necessarily be used on Christmas day, I guarantee you that they will be used and valued for years to come.
It’s up to you to decide how best to spend your money, and I hope I provided you with some great Christmas gift ideas for that outdoorsy person in your life.