Welcome to our Buying Guide : Best Cordless Combo Kit for the money.
Boy, have we got an incredible lineup of cordless combo tool kits for you. It’s very easy for me to get excited by great tools, but these kits have me over the moon. You just have to count the pieces that you get, check what it would cost you if you bought them individually, and compare this to the cost of the kit. You too, will ecstatic about the value added purchase.
Intro | Best Cordless Combo Kit
Battery-powered, cordless tools have proven themselves to be the greatest thing to come along in recent times. Improved brushless motors, batteries with longer working times, and electronic management systems have seen these tools develop in leaps and bounds with each passing year. By now, we all have at least a few cordless tools. They are loved by contractors and DIY enthusiasts alike.
Having used cordless tools for about two decades now, I know a bit about the practicalities involved. I’ve seen these tools evolve from under-powered machines with batteries that don’t offer great working times, to the fantastic and versatile tools we have today. One thing always remains, though. Despite the vast improvements in battery technology, you will seldom get enough working time form a single battery. This is particularly true if you intend doing a full day’s work. You’ll find that busy contractors will have a bunch of batteries and probably a multiple battery charger or several chargers. This is because, to get the full benefit of these tools, you need to have a number of batteries on standby at all times. On a site where you have many people working simultaneously, the need for additional batteries becomes more important.
Very Affordable Cordless Combo Kit | Ryobi P884 18-Volt
For this reason, it’s best to stick with one type of battery that can be used in all your tools. So buying all your tools from the same brand makes the most sense. You only need one type of battery and charger system for all your tools. Normally, we’ll start replacing battery tools as the old ones give up the ghost. But buying a kit that includes many, or all of the tools we require, works out a good deal cheaper when one looks at the amazing cordless combo kits available. The savings are incredible and they include great extras, like tough carrying bags that make it easy to transport all your cordless tools and the stuff that goes with them, like bits and drivers.
Of course, buying in the form of a kit, like the ones on review here, might mean that you’re getting some stuff that you don’t really use that often and some of the tools that really want may not be included. Not all the kits that I’ll be reviewing are exactly the same, so you have a degree of choice as to which will be the best for you. Though I’d say that they all include the most commonly used tools by both homeowners and professionals. I think that they’ve done a great job of selecting tools that we will find to be very useful. Not everything in these kits are tools though. Most include a flashlight and the DeWalt combo kit even includes their Bluetooth site speaker. These are great products that we may not have thought of buying. But at the price you’re paying, it’s really nice to have these extra items.
In truth, I wouldn’t hesitate to buy any of these kits. They will make fantastic gift ideas for the DIY dad, husband, or brother. I’d be delighted to receive one these kits over almost any other gift. Each of the manufacturers in this review have a wide range of tools and the kits only contain some. If you consider that the DeWalt 20V range includes almost 200 items, there’s a lot you can add to the kit over time. Makita also has a huge selection of tool that use the 18V LXT battery and Hitachi isn’t far behind. So, even though you may not be getting everything you might want in a single kit, it’s a lot to start with and the value for money is incredible.
Reviews | Best Cordless Combo Kit
Time to get down to business, our review of the best cordless tool combo kit review. The products listed here are amazing. From the very affordable Porter-Cable kit for the DIY user to the super DeWalt and Makita kits, with Hitachi somewhere in between, there’s something to tickle anyone’s fancy.
One thing I really like about the way they’ve presented these kits, is that they don’t list all the pieces as the complete kit. They could have included the battery, charger and carrying case to increase the number of items that you’re getting. This is usually the case with tool kits, they try make it seem like that you’re getting much more than you actually are. So if the kit says it contains 9 tools, it actually does. Though, as I said earlier, some of the tools may be things like flashlights – which are not actually tools.
DEWALT DCK940D2 — 20V MAX
9 tools included in this excellent cordless combo tool kit.
Tools Included :
- DCD771 20-Volt MAX lithium-ion 1/2 in. compact drill driver delivers 300 unit watts out (UWO) of power to complete a wide range of applications
- DCF885 20-Volt MAX lithium-ion 1/4 in. impact driver features 3 LED lights with 20-second delay to provide visibility without shadows
- DCS381 20-Volt MAX lithium-ion reciprocating saw with keyless blade clamp allows for quick blade changes without touching blade or reciprocating shaft
- DCS393 20-Volt MAX lithium-ion circular saw with 6-1/2 in. carbide blade can cut 2 ft. x 4 ft. at a 45-degree angle in a single pass
- DCS355 20-Volt MAX lithium-ion oscillating tool quick-change accessory system allows blades and attachments to be changed quickly without wrenches
- DCL040 20-Volt MAX lithium-ion LED work light delivers 110 lumens of brightness
- DCG412 20-Volt MAX lithium-ion 4-1/2 in. grinder with 7000 RPM motor provides high power for cutting and grinding applications
- DCR006 20-Volt MAX job site Bluetooth speaker allows you to stream music wirelessly from your smartphone or tablet
- DCD740 20-Volt MAX lithium-ion 3/8 in. right angle drill provides dual speed ranges (0-650/0-2000 RPM) to increase user flexibility for a wide range of applications
At the time of researching this article, Amazon had this kit advertised at an unbelievably cheap price – well below the normal recommended retail price. I have a feeling this special price will continue for some time because some of the tools included in this kit are now available in the FlexVolt 60V range of much more powerful tools. So, you’re basically getting the older technology at a discounted price. I guess they’re trying to get the most of their 20V MAX range before everyone starts going for the new range that has been around since late 2016 and growing fast.
In as sense, this may seem like a bit of a step backwards. Why buy the older, less powerful tools, when there are now much better options available. Though, for years we were very happy with the 20V tools, we just accepted that the cordless tools were less powerful than corded machines. Now that the more powerful tools are available, the old ones seem like second best.
Personally, I would prefer the 60V saws and grinder, they provide the same kind of power as corded tools. However, the new tools are way more expensive and not everyone wants to pay so much when the 20V tools work just fine for most jobs. Just take a look at the fantastically low price that you’re paying for 9 tools, and this cordless kit becomes hard to resist. On top of it all, these are DeWalt tools and, even though this older technology, they were once among the best that you could get and are still of the high quality standard that we expect from this brand. I really consider this combo kit to be the bargain of a lifetime.
So many great DeWalt tools at such a low price has me convinced that you can’t find a better deal anywhere. It appears as though DeWalt has discontinued this 9-tool kit. So if you want to take advantage of this amazing offer, I’d suggest you act fast and get it while you can. A deal like this is going to be snapped up in no time at all.
DeWalt 20V MAX Tools
DeWalt introduced their 20V tools in 2011 and have continued to grow this range. Today, the 20V MAX range includes more than 180 variants. This is, as far as I know, the most extensive selection of cordless tools that all use the same battery. Despite the growing range of 60V and 120V FlexVolt tools, DeWalt continue to manufacture and support the 20V MAX range. They’re going to be around for a long time to come.
The remarkable thing that they’ve done is to make their new 60V batteries backward compatible. The FlexVolt 20V/60V MAX automatically adjusts the voltage depending on whether it’s plugged into a 20V or 60V tool. The new range also have some tools that operate at 120V, using two batteries in series. The cool thing about this is that you can use the new batteries in the 20V tools with triple the working time. So, if you use a 9AH FlexVolt battery at 60V, it provides 9AH of working time at 60V, in a 20V tool this is extended to 27AH. By reducing the voltage by a third, you increase the amperage by three times. There is no other lithium-ion battery used for cordless tools that can come close to matching the working time that you get from these batteries.
So even though, the 20V MAX tool range is old technology, you’re not being left behind when it comes to improved batteries.
What do you get in the DeWalt DCK940D2 cordless combo kit?
- DCD771 drill / driver: a ½” chuck drill and driver with 300 unit watts of power. Two-way transmission providing 0 – 450 RPM or 1500 RPM. Keyless ratchet chuck. Compact and lightweight, excellent for working in small spaces.
- DCF885 drill / driver: Super compact ¼” drill and driver with hammer action. Maximum 117 Ft LBS torque and 0 – 3200 impacts per minute. Variable speed of 0 – 2800 RPM. LED light.
- DCS381 reciprocating saw: 4-position blade clamp. Variable speed trigger with 0 – 3000 SPM and 1⅛” stroke length. Pivoting adjustable shoe for improved blade life.
- DCS355 oscillating tool: Large selection of cutting and sanding attachments available (sold separately). Universal adapter allows for the use of tool attachments from most major brands. High-power brushless motor and keyless tool changing. Bright LED light. 0 – 20,000 oscillations per minute.
- DCL040 LED work light: Bright LED (110 lumens). Low energy rating with 11 – 25-hours of light depending on the battery used. Convenient hanging hook. Head rotation of 120°.
- DCG412 Grinder: Compact grinder weighing 4.07 LBS. Quick change tool-free disc changing. No-load speed of 8000 RPM with locking trigger switch.
- DCR006 Bluetooth speaker: AC 120V adapter and DC 12V or 20V. Blue tooth 4.0 with reception up to 100 Ft. Auxiliary and USB inputs. Rugged casing and rubber feet for job site durability.
- DCD740 right angle drill: Compact 4” length for drilling in tight spaces. Deep Hex pocket ⅜” ratchet chuck. Two-way speed selector for 0 – 650 RPM or 0 – 2000 RPM. Large trigger for multiple gripping positions.
- 2 X DCB 203 20V MAX 2AH Lithium-ion batteries.
- Battery charger.
- 6½” saw blades.
- DCG 412 side handle and wrench.
- Universal tool adapter.
- 2 X tool carrying bags.
As you can see by this extensively long list of items, you’re getting a lot more than just 9 great DeWalt tools. While the grinder and saws are excellent for small cutting and grinding tasks, they will never match the power output of full-size tools. The much more expensive 60V equivalents will obviously have more power. These tools have an advantage of being extremely lightweight and compact, allowing you to work in spaces where others can’t.
The 2AH batteries are excellent for the smaller tools. But I think that, for the angle grinder and circular saw, you’ll probably want batteries with more amp hours. Since this kit is so cheap for such a great selection of DeWalt tools, it would be a good idea to use the money you’ve saved and invest in a few 9AH 20V/60V FlexVolt batteries. When used with the 20V MAX tools these batteries offer an astounding 27AH power rating.
When you consider that DeWalt is one of the top tool manufacturers and easily the best when it comes their range of cordless 20V tools, this kit is miraculously cheap. Any DeWalt tool is going to be with you for years, so this will be money well-spent. Even long after new cordless tools emerge from the DeWalt stable, they continue to provide everything you need for their older ranges. They still sell the 18V range, which is even older than the 20V MAX range. The new FlexVolt batteries and charger mean that you will always be able to get batteries to fit these tools. They won’t be redundant in a few years, like the cheap brands. Then there’s the excellent after sales service and 3-year warranty that you get from DeWalt. All I can say is don’t hesitate. A deal like this doesn’t come along too often.
Makita XT611PT 18V LXT – 6 tools
Best cordless combo kit.
- Efficient BL Brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge
- The BL Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL™ Motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- The electronically-controlled BL Brushless Motor efficiently uses energy to match torque and RPM to the changing demands of the application
- Variable 2-speed 1/2″ Hammer Driver-Drill (0-550 & 0-2,100 RPM) (0-8,250 & 0-31,500 BPM) delivers 1,090 in.lbs. of Max Torque; weighs only 5.9 lbs. with battery
- Impact Driver features 3-speed power selection switch (0-1,100 / 0-2,100 / 0-3,600 RPM & 0-1,100 / 0-2,600 / 0-3,800 IPM) provides 1,550 in.lbs. of Max Torque; weighs only 3.3 lbs. with battery
- Recipro Saw delivers 0-2,300 (Low) & 0-3,000 (High) strokes per minute and a 1-1/4″ stroke length for faster cutting
- 6-1/2″ Circular Saw BL Motor delivers 5,000 RPM for faster cutting and ripping; cuts 2-1/4″ at 90°
- 4-1/2” / 5″ Cut-Off/ Angle Grinder delivers 8,500 RPM; features Automatic Speed Change™ technology that adjusts speed and torque during operation for optimum performance
- High-luminance single L.E.D. flashlight provides 200 lumens; features a 12 position flashlight head
- Extreme Protection Technology (XPT) is engineered for improved dust and water resistance for operation in harsh conditions
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- 18V LXT Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah battery BL1850B features an integrated L.E.D. battery charge level indicator
- 18V LXT Lithium-ion 5.0Ah battery BL1850B reaches full charge in 45 minutes or less
- 18V LXT Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah battery BL1850B provides up to 65% more run time per charge*
- Dual Port Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging
- Dual Port Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery’s built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize
battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature
- 3-year limited warranty on tool, battery and charger
Includes : 18V LXT Brushless 1/2″ Hammer Driver-Drill (XPH07Z), 18V LXT Brushless 3-Speed Impact Driver (XDT14Z), 18V LXT Brushless Reciprocating Saw (XRJ05Z), 18V LXT Brushless 6-1/2″ Circular Saw (XSH03Z), 18V LXT Brushless 4-1/2″ / 5″ Cut-Off/Angle Grinder (XAG04Z), 18V LXT L.E.D. Flashlight (DML802), 18V LXT Lithium-Ion 5.0 Ah Battery (BL1850B), 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Dual Port Charger (DC18RD), Tool Bag
I rate Makita cordless tools as among the best, they are equal to their DeWalt counterparts any day. In some cases, I feel that the Makita tools are better than those offered by any other brand. While the batteries can’t match the FlexVolt offered by DeWalt, Makita are world leaders in charger technology and the smart electronic controls that monitor the batteries when in use. So, in some ways, Makita have an edge when it comes to battery-powered tools. After all, they’ve doing it for much longer than anyone else.
Even though I have the utmost respect for Makita, it’s hard to justify the price tag of this 6-piece cordless combo kit when the 9-piece DeWalt kit is so much cheaper. So, in this case, the Makita has to rank second. I say this simply because you aren’t getting as much bang for your buck. Those who see Makita as the best cordless tools will probably be prepared to pay more for this kit. It is a great selection of high-quality tools.
About Makita 18V LXT Tools
There are number of reasons why the 18V LXT cordless tools are rated so highly amongst DIY aficionados and professional contractors. I’ve owned several Makita cordless tools over the years and have been more than impressed with their durability and excellent working time from the 18V LXT batteries.
The rapid charging system, with electronic management and forced ventilation cooling are probably the best chargers ever invented. They provide, arguably, the best charging time and the sophisticated electronics along with the cooling prolong the lifespan of the batteries. The tools themselves also have electronic controls that manage both the battery and power delivery known as Star Protection Computer Controls. This means better battery time and lifespan, as well as constant power from the brushless motor under load. These are fantastic tools to work with.
Makita tools are made to last. This means that all their tools are made from high-quality metals (plenty of aluminum) and the plastic components don’t crack or deteriorate easily. One of their best attempts at improving the lifespan and reliability of their tools is the incredible Extreme Protection Technology. The internal components of these tools are remarkably resistant to dust and moisture.
What do you get in the Makita XT611PT cordless combo kit?
- XPH07Z Hammer Drill Driver: A ½” compact hammer drill driver weighing only 5.9 LBS (8⅛” in length). Impact energy of 1090 in. LBS (90.8 Ft LBS). Two power settings for the variable speed trigger provide 0 – 550 RPM or 0 – 2100 RPM and 0 – 31,500 BPM. Self-ratcheting, tool-free chuck. Dual LED work lights fitted to the drill.
- XSH03Z circular saw: A 6½” cordless circular saw, weighing 7.3 LBS including the battery. Brushless motor provides 5000RPM with automatic speed change which maintains constant torque under load. Positive stop at 45° with fine adjustment. Bevel capacity of 0 – 50°
- XDT14Z impact driver: Compact, lightweight impact driver. Quick-Shift Mode balances power and speed for maximum efficiency. Power adjustment for 3-speed options – 0 – 1100 RPM; 0 – 2100 RPM; 0 – 3600 RPM. Torque settings – 0 – 1100 IPM; 0 – 2600 IPM; 0 – 3800 IPM. Convenient LED light.
- XAG04Z angle grinder: Easy to use cut-off angle grinder weighing only 5.6 LBS (excluding battery). Automatic Speed Change maintains constant torque under load. Accommodates 5” discs, no load speed – 8500 RPM.
- XRJ05Z reciprocating saw: Weighs 8.2 LBS without the battery. Two speed settings and variable speed trigger allow for 0 – 2300 SPM or 0 – 3000 SPM. Blade stroke – 1¼”. Electric brake. Reinforced rubber shoe for added durability.
- DML802 LED flashlight: Ultra-bright (160 lumen) aluminum LED flashlight. Super-efficient with up to 23-hours use from a 5AH battery. Pivoting head with 12 positions from 0 – 110°.
- 2 X BL1850B 18V LXT 5AH lithium-ion batteries.
- DC18RD dual port 18V rapid charger: charges 2 X 18V LXT batteries to full in 45 minutes.
- Tool carrying bag.
I’m always comparing Makita tools to DeWalt. These are both my first choice when it comes to cordless tools and it’s not always easy to determine which is best. Generally, I find that Makita tools can endure more rough treatment and their batteries tend to last longer. Looking at the individual tools from each of their extensive lineup, some of the DeWalt tools outperform the Makita equivalent and vice versa. As a result, I have a mixed bag of cordless tools from both DeWalt and Makita. It’s matter of choosing the best option from each brand. Hence, I have two sets of batteries and chargers – one Makita and one DeWalt.
Comparing these two combo kits, I find the Makita tools to be better in most cases. This despite, the DeWalt kit being cheaper with more tools. I particularly like the Makita circular saw, it’s far superior to the DeWalt 20V option. The 5AH batteries are a much better option to the 2AH batteries supplied with the DeWalt kit. In addition to this, the dual port Makita rapid charger is much more convenient and will reduce downtime. Does this make up for the large price difference? That can only be a matter of opinion. In the end, DeWalt is offering a lot more for a drastically reduced price.
I really like the quality and range of tools offered in the Makita XT611PT cordless combo kit. The fact that this kit only contains 6 tools, doesn’t bother me too much. It has the real important stuff and the only tool that might seem lacking, when compared to the 9-tool DeWalt kit, would be the right angle drill. Even then, this isn’t a big deal and I don’t see the extra Bluetooth speaker offered in the DeWalt kit as deal maker. Albeit on the expensive side, the Makita kit is an amazing selection of exceptional tools with the backing from one of the best names in the business and a 3-year warranty.
20V MAX Lithium Ion 8-Tools. One the most affordable and best cordless Combo Kit for the money.
- PERFORMANCE: Delivers power to complete a wide range of jobsite applications.
- ERGONOMIC DESIGN: Lightweight tools designed to fit the users’ needs.
- RELIABILITY: Tools backed by a 3 year limited warranty.
- INCLUDES: Drill Driver, Impact Driver, Circ Saw, Tiger Saw, Jig Saw, Multi-Tool, Grinder, Flash light, 2 Batteries, Charger, 2 Bags
- PART OF THE PORTER-CABLE 20V MAX* SYSTEM: Battery works with all Porter-Cable 20V MAX* lithium ion products.
Tools Included: 1/2″ Drill/Driver, 1/4″ Impact Driver, 6 1/2″ Circular Saw, Reciprocating Tiger Saw, Jig Saw, Oscillating Multi-tool, Cutoff tool/grinder, LED flashlight, (1) 1.5aH battery, (1) 4.0aH battery, (1) 1 amp charger, (2) kit bags
The Porter-Cable kit, is in my opinion, not of the same quality standard as the others in this review. Then again, it is the cheapest of the lot when you consider that you’re getting 8 very useful tools. If you enjoy weekend projects and do a few DIY jobs around the home, this versatile kit will be exactly what you’re looking for. The comprehensive 8-tool combo kit provides you with just about all the battery-powered tools you could possibly want. They probably won’t stand up too well for hard core daily use. Though for most casual DIY homeowners, they will provide excellent service for a long time.
For many, paying extra for the high end tools won’t make much sense if you’re not going to se them all that often. For over a century, people have relied on Porter-Cable to supply very affordable tools that get the job done, whilst being of a quality standard that defies their low price tag.
About Porter-Cable 20V Tools
The 20V Porter-Cable tools are a great departure from their old 14.4V range which were drastically underpowered when compared to those from the more expensive brands. Even then, the newer 20V tools don’t perform as well as the DeWalt, Makita, and Hitachi tools featured in this review. Though, compared to the options available in the same price range, the Porter-Cable cordless tools are probably the best. This goes for the performance as well as the durability of their products. Many have said that the bags included in this kit are lousy and won’t last long. For such a cheap cordless combo kit, flimsy bags won’t be the end of the world. As long as the tools do what they should and last a reasonable time, I’d be satisfied with a purchase this cheap. By all accounts, this seems to be the case. Owners of the Porter-Cable 20V kit are generally extremely pleased with they have bought.
What do you get in the Porter-Cable PCCK619L8 cordless combo kit?
- PCC601 drill driver: a reasonably powerful (283 Unit Watts) ½” drill and driver. Exceptionally lightweight at 3.5 LBS. Two-speed gear box provides 0 – 350 RPM or 0 – 1500 RPM by means of a variable speed trigger. Convenient LED light.
- PCC641 impact driver: Extremely lightweight (2.9 LBS) compact ¼” impact driver. Impact energy of 1495 in LBS with dual speed transmission delivering 0 – 2900 RPM or 0 – 3100 RPM. Easy load chuck for quick bit changes and LED light.
- PCC660 circular saw: Lightweight (6.5 LBS) circular saw with 6½” carbide blade. Bevel adjustment up to 50°. Powerful motor providing 4000 RPM.
- PCC670 Reciprocating saw: Easy to use reciprocating saw with 1” stroke, 0 – 3000 SPM. Variable speed trigger and pivoting shoe. Quick release, tool-free blade changing.
- PCC650 jigsaw: Very competent jigsaw with ¾” stroke length. Variable speed trigger with 0 – 2500 SPM and 3 orbital settings. Shoe has bevel settings from 0 – 45°. Quick blade changing and a dust blower to maintain clear visibility of the cut line.
- PCC710 oscillating multi-tool: Great performance with variable speed of 8000 – 18,000 oscillations per minute. Easy tool-free accessory changes and adjustment. LED light for improved working visibility.
- PCC761 angle grinder: grinder cut-off tool with 8500 RPM. Good grip with 3-position side handle. Tool-free guard. Spindle lock for easy disc changing.
- PCC700 LED flashlight: efficient 120 lumen LED flashlight. Multiple position head.
- PCC680 1.5AH battery
- PCC685 4AH battery
- PCC619 1A charger
- 2 X tool kit bags
As only one of two cordless combo kit in this review to include a jigsaw, this can be viewed by many as the most comprehensive selection of very useful tools. While these tools don’t quite match up to the more expensive options, they are still powerful enough for most common tasks. The 1.5AH battery is a bit of a joke. It will be okay for the flashlight, but I can’t see it being of much use for the other tools. At least, they’ve included a 4AH battery which will improve your working time with the more powerful tools in the kit. Another thing that isn’t too cool is the 1A charger, you should expect pretty long charging times. I’d suggest buying a couple of 5AH batteries, this will help increase your uninterrupted working time. One thing we can’t deny is that you’re getting an incredible selection of great tools at an incredible price.
So the Porter-Cable cordless combo kit may not shine among the illustrious competitors in the higher price bracket. As a general purpose selection of highly competent tools, you find anything at this price to match the quality and range of tools that you’re getting. Despite being the cheapest kit in this review, only DeWalt can match the 3-year warranty, 1-year free service plan and 30-day money back guarantee that Porter-Cable offer on this kit. An absolutely amazing offer for a home user who wants a full selection of affordable cordless tools for just about any DIY job.
Hitachi KC18DG6LPA 18V – 6 tools
Best cordless combo kit.
- Covered by Hitachi’s Lifetime Lithium Ion tool warranty, 2-Year Lithium Ion battery warranty and 1-Year charger warranty
- Kit includes (2x) 18V Lithium Ion Compact 3.0 Ah Slide Type batteries BSL1830C (339782) for less weight in a more compact size than a traditional 3.0Ah Li-ion battery, while also providing fade-free power and protection from over-charge, over-discharge and over-load
- Kit includes the DV18DGL 18V Lithium Ion Hammer Drill that boasts 487 in/lbs of torque in an ergonomic, lightweight (3.8 lbs) design
- Kit includes the WH18DGL 18V Lithium Ion Impact Driver that weighs only 3.1 lbs, yet still delivers 1,280 in/lbs of driving torque for heavier applications
- Kit includes the CR18DGL 18V Lithium Ion Reciprocating Saw has a 1″ stroke length and 3,300 SPM to allow for easy and fast cutting
- Kit includes the C18DGL 18V Lithium Ion Circular Saw with a 6-1/2″blade and an RPM of 4,500 for fast and smooth cutting.
- Kit includes the Hitachi CJ18DGL 18V Lithium Ion Jig Saw with a stroke length of 1″ and 2,400 RPM.
- Kit includes the UB18DEL 18V Lithium Ion LED Flashlight for high visibility in a free standing design for convenience
- Kit also includes the UC18YKSL Quick Charger, Phillips #2 Driver bit, (1) 6-1/2″ 18T Circular Saw Blade, (2) Wood Cutting Reciprocating Saw Blades, (2) Wood Cutting Jig Saw Blades, (1) Metal Cutting Jig Saw Blade Bag
- Comes with a Carrying Bag
As a tool brand, I feel that Hitachi is much underrated. This Japanese manufacturer of a wide range of consumer products has been around for decades and have proven themselves as a high-quality brand. Admittedly, the Hitachi cordless tools might not reach the same level of sophistication as either DeWalt or Makita. But this 6-tool cordless combo kit certainly offers incredible value for money. This is one of the notable characteristics of Hitachi tools – high-end durability and quality at a very affordable price. These Hitachi tools will be just as dependable in a home shop as they would on a demanding job site. They are built to endure and deliver the goods.
About Hitachi 18V Cordless Tools
Even though Hitachi tools aren’t the most advanced, they are way better than the average battery-powered machines on the market. The batteries and chargers have a good level of protection against overcharging and over-discharging. So they last longer than the cheap brands and offer a very respectable working time. The tool are tough, reliable and more powerful than many.
When it comes to unpretentious value for money, it’s hard to beat the Hitachi range of 18V cordless tools.
What do you get in the Hitachi KC18DG6LPA cordless combo kit?
- DV18DGL hammer drill: Compact ½” hammer drill for light-duty work – 487 in LBS torque. Two gear setting for better speed management, 2-stage clutch and 22 torque settings for great control. Sensitive trigger switch for 0 – 350 RPM or 0 – 1400 RPM, maximum impact of 19,600 BPM. Very practical and lightweight (3.8 LBS). Keyless ratcheting chuck.
- WH18DGL impact driver: powerful ¼” impact driver with 1280 in LBS torque. No-load speed of 0 – 2400 RPM and 0 – 3200 BPM impact with a variable speed trigger. Excellent weight of only 3.1 LBS.
- CR18DGLP4 reciprocating saw: Variable trigger reciprocating saw with 0 – 3300 SPM and 1” stroke length. Convenient LED light.
- C18DGL circular saw: Versatile 6½” circular saw with 18-T carbide blade. Bevel adjustment up to 50°. Electric brake and cutline spotlight.
- CJ18DGL jigsaw: Lightweight (5.3 LBS) jig saw with 1” stroke. No-load RPM – 0 – 2400 RPM. Bevel angle to both left and right – 45°. 4-satge orbital action. Tool-free blade changing and LED work light. Dust extractor compatible.
- UB18DEL LED flashlight: Convenient LED flashlight with standing base and shoulder strap. Long working time – approximately 24-hours using a 5AH battery. Rotating head with 5 positions up to 110°.
- 2 X BSL1830C lithium-ion batteries
- UC18YKSL 18V quick-charger
- Phillips #2 driver; 16½” 18-T carbide circular saw blade; 2 X wood-cutting reciprocating saw blades; 2 X wood-cutting jigsaw blades; metal-cutting jigsaw blade and bag.
- Toolkit carrying bag
When you look at quality vs price, this Hitachi cordless combo kit offers outstanding value for money. I like the inclusion of a jigsaw and all the tools fare well when compared to any battery-powered tools from the top brands. If were to find something lacking it would be the power delivered by the hammer drill driver. I wouldn’t expect to drill into hard masonry with this little machine. Though I can’t fault the workmanship and materials used in the construction of these tools. As a testament to the superior quality that you’re getting, Hitachi offer a lifetime warranty on all the cordless tools, 5-years for the LED flashlight and 2-years for the lithium-ion batteries. You can buy this kit at a low price and yet have the confidence that you’re investing in machinery of the highest quality standard.