Learning how to use a chainsaw properly is a wise investment of your time because not only are chainsaws one of the most common power tools or homeowners but they are also the most dangerous tools. We cover every aspect to operating a chainsaw to give you the knowledge to cut safely and efficiently. [Read more…]
Fall lawn care is necessary if you want a great looking lawn in the Spring and a lawn that is easy to keep looking great all through the summer. This article will provide you with 10 steps to help you implement the best Fall lawn care plan. First, I want to share with you how I learned about this Fall lawn care plan which will result in the growth of a beautiful lawn in the Spring. [Read more…]
Why should you learn how to sharpen a chainsaw?
If you use a chainsaw on a regular basis then you know that the sharpness of your chain makes a big difference on the speed and effectiveness on how your chainsaw cuts through wood. A dull chain wastes time because it requires more effort from you and greatly increases the time it takes to cut through wood.
More importantly, a dull chain increases the likelihood of injuring yourself because the chain is more likely to stick or get caught up in the wood, causing jerky behavior and an increase in the risk of kickback. In other words you want to avoid cutting with a dull chain at all times. Safety first!
The purpose of this guide is to help you buy the right outdoor extension cord for your electric chainsaw, or any other power tool you use. Having said that, I always recommend reading the owner’s manual first and go by the manufacturer’s guidelines. [Read more…]
Learn How to Start a Chainsaw
Before attempting to start your chainsaw make sure you’ve read your owners manual thoroughly as chainsaws may vary in their starting procedure. Also, make sure you’re wearing your safety gear as well. The video above demonstrates how to start a Husqvarna chainsaw but the principles apply across all manufacturers.
Starting a Chainsaw
- Engage the chain brake by pushing forward on your top handle guard (chain brake).
- Set your ignition switch to the “ON” position.
- Turn your choke on, but please read your owners manual as manufacturers will widely vary on the proper choke operation.
- If your chainsaw has a primer pump, this is the point when you use it.
- If your chainsaw has a decompression switch, push it. Essentially, what the decompression switch makes it easy to pull the starter handle by releasing cylinder pressure. Again, check your owners manual.
- Make sure you stabilize the saw. The proper way to do this is by putting your foot through the handle.
- Kneel down, grab the top handle while holding the chainsaw down firmly. If you need to, you can start it standing up.
- Pull the starter cord slowly until you start to feel resistance. Once you feel the resistance pull quickly but hold on to the starter handle and allow it to recoil slowly. Repeat the pulling motion until it starts.
- Turn off your choke and reset the decompression button if your chainsaw has one.
Watch the video by Husqvarna to get a clear picture on how to start a chainsaw:
Videos | How to Start a Chainsaw
This article is not much of an article but I’ve found some excellent videos for you to actually see how to start a chainsaw. Sometimes it’s better to watch videos in order to learn how to do something. I didn’t see the point in writing a lengthy article on starting a chainsaw.
Watching one of these videos will save you a lot of time and frustration when it comes to starting a chainsaw.
How to Start a Husqvarna Chainsaw
How to Start A STIHL Chainsaw
Basic Chainsaw Starting Tips
How to Start an Echo Chainsaw
How to Start a Chainsaw after not using it for many years
How to Start a Ryobi Chainsaw
If you’re looking to find your next chainsaw, you’ll like these articles:
- Cheap Gas Chainsaws
- Best Chainsaw for the Money
- Best GreenWorks Chainsaw | 40V and 80V
- Best Electric Chainsaws
- Best Gas Chainsaw
- Cheap Electric Chainsaws
- Chainsaw Buying Guide for Homeowners
- Best Battery Operated Chainsaws
- Concrete Chainsaws
- Top Handle Chainsaws for Homeowners
- Husqvarna 445
- Husqvarna 455 Rancher
- Poulan Pro 5020AV
- WORX JawSaw
- WORX Chainsaw WG303.1
- Black & Decker Alligator Lopper
- Oregon PowerNow CS1500
A lot of people want to know about how to remove tree stumps from their yard. It’s a common problem that most people don’t bother dealing with but it’s not as complicated as you think. But there are a few different ways you can go about removing them and we’ll cover each one. They are:
- Stump Removal Chemicals
- Stump Grinder
Chemicals are the cheapest way to remove a tree stump but you’ll have to be patient. A stump grinder is a tool designed just for stump removal but they’re expensive. A chainsaw will also get the job done. I’ve included several videos so you can see how to remove a tree stump from your yard.