Dad’s can be hard to shop for, which is why we put together this diverse list of Christmas Gifts for Dad. All father’s are different and require some thoughtful effort into finding something he will truly appreciate and enjoy. I’m confident that you’ll either find something for your dad on this list for Christmas, or at the very least, you’ll be inspired and get some new ideas.
We have a wide range of Christmas gifts ideas for dad, or, to be honest, these are great gifts any time of the year — at least we think so. See if you agree.
Every gift idea in this article is hand-picked. In my opinion, its’ essential that the perfect gift requires thinking about the likes and interests of the other person. Understanding the drives and passions of your father, or boyfriend or wife or sister is the key to unlocking a gift they will appreciate and love.
In this guide we focus on gifts for dad or men in general. For additional gift ideas you can also try : Best Gifts for Men — it’s packed with lots of great ideas, just like this one.
Table of Contents...
- 1 Christmas Gifts for Dad
- 1.1 Tile Slim | Phone Finder / Tile Mate – Key Finder
- 1.2 BioLite CampStove 2 with FlexLight
- 1.3 Yaktrax Pro
- 1.4 Amazon Echo
- 1.5 Amazon Echo Dot
- 1.6 Bosch GLM 10 | Best Laser Measure
- 1.7 Amazon Kindle Paperwhite — E-reader
- 1.8 WORX | WG794 28V Landroid
- 1.9 Kindling Cracker | Firewood Kindling Splitter
- 1.10 CAT 324122 | Rechargeable LED Work Light
- 1.11 Powerbuilt 620422E | Triple Lift Jack
- 1.12 Remington HC4250 Shortcut Pro
- 1.13 UE BOOM 2 | Phantom Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
- 1.14 Philips Hue Go Light + Philips Hue Bridge
- 1.15 Fiskars IsoCore | Rip Claw Finishing Hammer
- 1.16 Corkcicle Chillsner Beer Chiller
- 1.17 DEWALT DCS7485T1 FLEXVOLT
- 1.18 FiberFix — Repair Tape Wrap
- 1.19 Unger Professional Nifty Nabber — 36”
- 1.20 Book — Wine Folly: The Essential Guide to Wine
- 1.21 STANLEY J5C09 | Jump Starter/Air Compressor
- 1.22 Black & Decker BDCDMT1206KITC Matrix
- 1.23 Mr. Coffee ECMP1000
- 1.24 Garmin Approach S20 Golf Watch
- 1.25 Canon PowerShot G9 X Mark II
Christmas Gifts for Dad
Dads have a way of flying under the radar. They’re always around, they’ve been there all of your life. Yet, somehow, we don’t always take too much notice of our dads. Sure, we know we can always count on them and you probably have his number on speed dial. You never know when you’ll need him. After all, Dad is often the person we call when we need help. But how often do you give him recognition for all that he’s done for you?
Gift Idea for Men | ETON FRX3 — Hand Crank NOAA Emergency Alert Radio
Christmas is a great time to let your dad know that, even though you don’t always say it, he’s on your mind and you do care. You might not always know exactly what your dad’s interests are, but you probably have some idea. Perhaps he’s that guy who disappears into the garage on weekends and all you hear is the grinding of tools while he works away on another new project.
Maybe you’ll often find him chilling in front of the TV, enjoying a cold one and watching football. Your dad may enjoy the great outdoors – camping, boating or a leisurely game of golf with his buddies. There are all types of dads and, if you give it some thought, you’ll be choosing the perfect gift for him this Christmas.
If he loves Game of Thrones : 4D Cityscape — Interactive Westeros Puzzle
We all love that “world’s greatest dad” T-shirt or coffee mug that we got last Father’s Day. Truth be told, any gift that you give your dad will be cherished. Parents love their children and the gifts we get from you guys is a reminder of who you are and that you’re special. So why not go the extra mile this year. You don’t have to max out your credit card to show your dad that you care – just put a little thought into what might bring a little extra joy into his life this Christmas.
We’ve compiled a comprehensive list of the most popular gifts for dads this Christmas. There’s every type of gift for every type of dad. Some cost more than others and some are really not that expensive. Browse through these amazing gifts for dads and I’m sure you’ll find some inspiration for that perfect gift. Something that your dad will delight in for years and always think of you when he sees it, every time with a loving smile.
Tile Slim | Phone Finder / Tile Mate – Key Finder
- As thin as two credit cards, Tile Slim easily slides into your wallet, purse or pocket. Tile Slim can also be attached to a laptop, tablet, notebook or lunchbox. (Adhesives sold separately)
- Use your smartphone to make your Tile Slim ring when it’s nearby but out of sight.
- Can’t find your phone? Simply double press the button on your Tile Slim to make your phone ring – even on silent!
- The easy-to-use, free Tile app remembers the last time and place it saw your Tile, so if you left it somewhere, you’ll always know where to look.
- If your Tile isn’t where you left it, you can anonymously enlist the help of the Tile community in your search.
Does this sound familiar? The family are in all in the car, packed and ready to go. Where’s Dad? He’s wondering around the house, grumbling loudly, looking for his keys – insisting that the dog has eaten them. If you know this scene all too well, then the Tile Mate Key Finder is an ideal gift for your dad. It’s a Bluetooth device that attaches to his key holder, small and compact.
The Key Finder uses your phone to find your keys (or anything really). By activating the app that can be installed on any smartphone, the Key Finder will make a loud and distinctive beep – even from 200 Ft away. Your dad will never be searching for his keys again.
Tile Mate | Notice the hole for securing the Tile on key your rings
You can also use the Tile to find your phone – tap it and it will make your phone ring so you know where you’ve left it. The App will also let you access the Tile community, so no matter where dad left his wallet or his keys, he can leave a notification and it will show up on a map when found.
There are a number of different options for the Tile, like the Tile Slim, an ultra-thin version that fits easily into his wallet. Tile Finders aren’t expensive, making them a perfect gift for dad if you don’t have too much to spend, but want to give your dad a gift that’s really going to make his life much easier and probably yours too.
BioLite CampStove 2 with FlexLight
- On-Board Battery – Integrated 2600 mAh battery charges devices with or without a live fire
- Smart LED Dashboard gives you real time feedback on fire strength, power output and fan speed settings
- USB Charge Out With 50% More Power than our previous bundle – updated thermoelectrics creates even more electricity from fire
- Lightweight aluminum legs fold up for nested portability
- 4 fan speeds
If some of your fondest childhood memories of your dad involve family camping trips, then there’s a good chance that he’ll love this gift and so will the whole family on your next outdoor vacation. If your dad has the original Biolite CampStove, then this upgraded version will certainly impress. If he hasn’t, he’ll probably be even more impressed.
The BioLite Campstove was originally designed to make fireside cooking as simple and enjoyable as possible. It has a battery that’s charged by the heat of the fire as it burns. This battery powers a fan that allows one to control the fire heat and charge USB devices – what an excellent idea.
VIDEO | BioLite CampStove 2 | Wonderful Christmas Gift for Dad
The new BioLite CampStove 2 has a much more powerful battery which means you can use the charger, even when there’s no fire – the previous version has a battery isn’t that powerful and only allows you to charge devices while the fire is burning. The new model also has a more powerful 4-speed fan, giving you better control of the heat and you can blast the fire with more ferocity. It also has a handy LED FlexLight that runs off the built-in battery.
If your dad loves his camping gear, this is the perfect gift for him.
These are practical traction cleats that fit over shoes for safely walking, hiking, or jogging on packed snow or ice. Best Christmas gift idea for dad, or anyone who has to walk over ice and snowy roads. This is a very affordable product that can prevent a major fall. I think this is a thoughtful gift idea for dad. What do you think?
Traction Cleats for Walking, Jogging, or Hiking on Snow and Ice.
- Spikeless, ultra lightweight design
- 360° of traction with patented skid lock coil system
- Durable natural rubber outerband for flexible fit
- Abrasion resistant 1.4mm steel coils
- Removable strap ensures secure fit
- Heel tab allows for easy installation and removal
- Shaped coil
This will be a real winner for the dad who enjoys outdoor adventure. The Yaktrax Pro is the ultimate sports shoe for hiking and climbing in snow or ice. It provides excellent traction and is very lightweight yet still gives great support to the feet and ankles.
So, for the dad who’s also an outdoor hero, this will make his Christmas and continue to serve him well for a long time.
The future is here. The Amazon Echo is wonderful home voice assistant that responds to all of your vocal commands, giving you constant access to information, music, lights, phone calls and so much more.
With the Amazon Echo you can call your dad or send a quick voice message to a friend; you can talk to anyone who has an Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Show, or the Alexa App. You can also enable a new feature called Drop In for those moments when you want to connect instantly with your closest family and friends or other Echo devices in your home.
- Plays all your music from Amazon Music, Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, TuneIn, and more using just your voice
- Introducing Alexa calling and messaging, a new way to be together with family and friends.
- Just ask Alexa to call or message anyone with an Echo, Echo Dot, or the Alexa App.
- Fills the room with immersive, 360º omni-directional audio. Play music simultaneously across
- Echo devices with multi-room music (Spotify and Sirius XM support coming soon, Bluetooth not supported).
- Hears you from across the room with far-field voice recognition, even while music is playing
- Answers questions, reads the news, reports traffic and weather, reads audiobooks from Audible, gives info on local businesses, provides sports scores and schedules, controls Amazon Video on Fire TV, and more using the Alexa Voice Service
- Controls lights, fans, TVs, switches, thermostats, garage doors, sprinklers, locks, and more with compatible connected devices from WeMo, Philips Hue, Sony, Samsung SmartThings, Nest, and others
- Always getting smarter and adding new features, plus thousands of skills like Uber, Domino’s, DISH, and more
Does your dad sit up to all hours of the night googling stuff? Or does he spend a good deal of his time on Amazon looking for great deals? The Amazon Echo is made for guys who like their tech gear. It has voice recognition and talks back to you.
There are a whole bunch of features on the Amazon Echo that make online surfing and shopping an easy and fun experience. I think that a lot of dads that will enjoy this.
Amazon Echo Show | A Step Up
And, Here’s the latest it has an LCD screen giving more immersion and flexibility. Watch the VIDEO below to see what it can do.
Features (Amazon Echo Show) :
- Echo Show brings you everything you love about Alexa, and now she can show you things. Watch video flash briefings, Amazon Video content, and YouTube, see music lyrics, security cameras, photos, weather forecasts, to-do and shopping lists, browse and listen to Audible audiobooks, and more. All hands-free—just ask.
- Introducing a new way to be together. Make hands-free video calls to friends and family who have an Echo Show or the Alexa App, and make voice calls to anyone who has an Echo or Echo Dot.
- See lyrics on-screen with Amazon Music. Just ask to play a song, artist or genre, and stream over Wi-Fi. Also, stream music on Pandora, Spotify, TuneIn, iHeartRadio, and more.
- Powerful, room-filling speakers with Dolby processing for crisp vocals and extended bass response. Play your music simultaneously across Echo devices with multi-room music (Spotify and Sirius XM support coming soon, Bluetooth not supported).
- Ask Alexa to show you the front door or monitor the baby’s room with compatible cameras from Ring and Arlo. Turn on lights or the TV, set thermostats, control Amazon Video on Fire TV, and more with WeMo, Philips Hue, Sony, ecobee, and other compatible smart home devices.
- With eight microphones, beam-forming technology, and noise cancellation, Echo Show hears you from any direction—even while music is playing
- Always getting smarter and adding new features, plus thousands of skills like Uber, Allrecipes, CNN, and more
One thing that’s important to note; Amazon voice controlled assistants are incredibly popular with consumers. They’ve put a lot of effort into building these products because they act as a link to the entire Amazon ecosystem, which is fantastic for consumers because they make your life easier. The ultimate goal of using a voice-controlled assistant is to give you more control over your home and having access to information as quick as possible.
These are products that represent the future and Amazon will continue to improve upon the AI behind them, the voice recognition and the overall quality and consistency when using them. These are cool gifts for any occasion.
Yup, another cool Amazon product. Sorry but they (Amazon) really do make fun and useful products for consumers.
Another streamlined version (and cheaper model) of the Amazon Echo is the Amazon Echo Dot (2nd generation). Watch the VIDEO below for a more affordable model but with all the same functionality. They are basically giving away these products because Amazon knows that once you own one you will probably spend more money at Amazon.
The Echo Dot has so many abilities and features that you’re better off visiting the Amazon product page to learn more about it. This article on gift ideas for your dad was intended to be light and breezy so I will refrain from going into excessive details for each product. I think the videos above tell you all you need to know. I suggest you continue to browse to get a broad range of gift ideas for your father. I think you’ll get a few surprises for gift ideas.
Bosch GLM 10 | Best Laser Measure
Best Christmas gift for men who like to work around the house. A cheap laser tape measure.
- Distance range – measures up to 35 Ft.
- Precise laser measure technology – accurate to 1/8 In.
- Real-time measurement mode – walk-off measurements from the wall and other surfaces
- Simple one-button operation – press button once to begin measuring in real-time measurement mode, press button again to hold measurement
- Fits comfortably in hand and easily in pocket
- Smart and convenient size and shape – easily portable and will rest on any flat surface
I’ve already got one of these, so that kind of says it all. If your dad is a DIY nut, he might have one – or something similar. Buying tools for your dad can be a bit risky because we can be very particular about what we like.
I can tell you that any dad who does even the smallest DIY jobs around the house will find plenty of use for the Bosch GLM 10. If he has a laser measure and it’s not one of these, I guarantee that he’ll definitely appreciate the upgrade. This is one of the best DIY tools and is useful to anyone who measures, cuts or does any kind of building or tiling – basically any job around the home or workshop.
Amazon Kindle Paperwhite — E-reader
- Now available in black or white
- Higher resolution display (300 ppi) – with twice as many pixels
- Built-in adjustable light – read day and night
- No screen glare, even in bright sunlight, unlike tablets
- A single battery charge lasts weeks, not hours
- Massive selection, lowest prices – over a million titles $2.99 or less
- Prime members read free with unlimited access to over a thousand titles
Young or old, anyone who enjoys reading, will get a lot of joy out of the Kindle Paperwhite E-reader. It’s more affordable than the high-end Kindle products yet has most of the fantastic features of the premier models.
Your dad will be reading his favorite books for years to come with perfect clarity – indoors or outdoors. If you often see your dad indulging in a good book, you can be sure that he’s going to enjoy this gift.
WORX | WG794 28V Landroid
A Robotic lawn mower. Yes, it’s an expensive gift but if you have the money and you want to surprise him then this would be a cool Christmas gift for dad.
- Artificial Intelligence Algorithm for intricate cuts and navigating narrow passages
- User-friendly control panel with fully automated mowing system & programmable timer
- Built-in rain sensor stops operation during rain and re-starts when grass is no longer wet
- Equipped with an anti-theft system using a security PIN
- Fully programmed out of the box for easy set-up and use
- AIA technology allows Landroid to make intricate cuts and navigate narrow passages
- Landroid evenly mows inclines and declines up to 20-degrees
- Landroid uses shock sensor system to mow around obstacles
- Automatically returns to base in case of rain or for recharging battery, Cutting Height : 1.6″” – 4″”, Cutting Height Positions:5, Max Cutting Surface:1/4 Acre
If the last thing that your dad wants to do in his leisure time is mow the lawn, then pay attention. Face it, no one wants to spend time in the blistering sun cutting grass when there are a million better things to that you could be doing.
Give your dad a break with the WORX Landroid. It’s a robotic lawn mower that gives him the time to do the things that he really wants to. Yes, that’s right, a lawn mower that will do all the work for him. Can you imagine the look on his face when he opens this gift?
A robotic lawnmower can be really expensive, so you’ll be splashing out a bit to impress your dad with this gift. Fortunately, WORX garden tools are not the most expensive and still offer the same quality and functions of much more expensive machines. So, your dad will be left thinking that you spent much more on this gift than you actually did. Not that this all that important, but it will score you some points with the old man.
Kindling Cracker | Firewood Kindling Splitter
A safe and easy way to make kindling with no moving blade or sharpened object passing by your hands.
- Made of high-quality cast iron in Australia
- Virtually maintenance-free
- Bolt holes for permanent mounting
- Great for indoor or outdoor use
- Splits firewood with less force than a standard axe
- 6.5″. inside diameter top ring
Another great gift for your dad, if you don’t have a fortune to spend, but still want to make a big impression. Making fire is an ancient rite of passage that men still adhere to up to this very day. It’s very likely that your dad considers himself to be the barbecue king of the neighborhood. Having the perfect fire is a big part of this.
Watch the VIDEO below to see how easy and effective it is
The Kindling Cracker is designed to make his life all that much easier. It’s a good old-fashioned tool that will never break and keep serving him faithfully for the rest of his days – taking the back ache out of breaking up kindling for the fire.
CAT 324122 | Rechargeable LED Work Light
Model : CAT-CT3515
- Rechargeable LED work light (CAT-CT3515)
- 1100 lumens high / 550 lumens low
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery and charger included
A really cool bright LED work light that dad can use in the garage or when entertaining outdoors. The fact that it’s made by CAT will make a big impression on any guy. CAT is to men; what Gucci is to girls. The name alone speaks a thousand words.
Fantastic quality with any number of uses. For under fifty bucks, this is another really affordable gift that many dads will love.
Powerbuilt 620422E | Triple Lift Jack
2 Ton Triple Lift Floor Jack. Best Christmas gift for dad’s who love working on their cars or tucks.
- Ideal for lifting cars, trucks, ATVs, motorcycles, lawnmowers, and transmissions up to 2 tons.
- Lifting range of 6″ – 17.5″ with saddle in place and 5.5″ – 17″ with saddle removed
- Built-in tie down loops for motorcycles
- Innovative 2 Ton Triple Lift jack.
- Strong ultra-wide chassis for extra stability
- Precision locking design keeps jack from lowering once it has been raised
- Stylish, dependable and affordable, Powerbuilt products meet or exceed ASME and PALD standards
- Flexible design allows the Triple Lift to adapt to multiple types of vehicle frames
- Easily lifts cars, trucks, ATVs or removing/replacing transmissions or differentials
- Locking safety bar holds jack in place once raised eliminating the hassle of supporting a lifted vehicle with jack stands
- Lifting capacity of 4,000 pounds and meets or exceeds ANSI standards
- One year warranty
Many of you might have a dad who loves nothing more than spending time with his beloved car. The Powerbuilt triple lift jack is a professional grade high lifting car jack, very much like you’d find in a professional auto workshop.
It not only makes working under a car or removing the wheels much easier, but much safer too. Any gear-head dad would go nuts for this tool. It’s powerful enough for cars, trucks, and trailers. It’s also designed to fit under any vehicle, safely and easily.
Remington HC4250 Shortcut Pro
Self-Haircut Kit — Hair Clippers, Hair Trimmers, Clippers, (13 pieces). Best Christmas gift for men who are too lazy (or too cheap) to go to a hair stylist on a regular basis.
- Fits in the palm of your hand so you can easily reach the back of your head, neckline and around your ears. Precision ground, stainless steel blades easily cut through even the thickest hair, reducing pulling and snagging
- Extra-wide Curved Blade – The blade contours to your head with maximum coverage to provide a close, even cut. Shortcut Pro Hair Clipper is 100% Washable – Conveniently rinses clean under the faucet
- Lithium, Rechargeable Battery- 40 minutes of cordless runtime. The Shortcut Pro Hair Clipper can also be used corded for maximum versatility and convenience
- 9 Length Combs – Cuts 1/16” – 5/8” to achieve the exact look you desire
- 13 Piece Kit Includes– Hand-held clipper, 9 Length-adjusting combs, cleaning brush, storage/travel pouch, oil (charging adaptor also included)
I’m not sure that I’d be too excited about unwrapping this gift. Make no mistake, it’s a great product – a really small easy to use hair trimmer that makes cutting your hair yourself really easy. So as a male grooming product, it’s a winner.
Although very practical, I don’t know how many guys get too excited about cutting their hair. There must be more than I know of because this is (despite my opinion) a very popular product. So, I’m sure there quite a few dads who would appreciate this one.
UE BOOM 2 | Phantom Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
- Up to 8 Bluetooth enabled source devices. Wirelessly play (stream) to up to 150+ Ultimate Ears speakers from one source***. Mobile range of play is up to 100 feet.
- Waterproof*, shockproof, designed for adventure (* IPX-7 rated waterproof up to 30 minutes and a depth of one meter)
- Connect with Echo Dot (2nd Generation) for hands-free voice control of UE BOOM 2 with Alexa; ask Alexa to play music from Amazon Music, Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio and TuneIn on your UE BOOM 2
- PartyUp from Ultimate Ears allows you to wirelessly connect more than 50 UE speakers
- 15-hour battery life and 100 ft. Bluetooth wireless range (Actual battery life will vary with use, settings and environmental conditions.
Rechargeable batteries have a limited number of charge cycles)
- Maximum Sound Level: 90dBA. Frequency Range: 90Hz – 20kHz. Drivers: two 45mm (1 3/4″) active drivers and two 45mm X 80mm (1 3/4″ x 3″) passive radiators.
- UE BOOM 2 blasts loud, insanely great sound with deep, powerful bass in every direction.
- If it gets dirty just rinse with warm, soapy water.
- UE BOOM 2 lets you play music from up to 100 feet away, while the rechargeable battery gives you up to 15 hours of non-stop music.
- Wirelessly Double Up with a second UE speaker to make things even more epic
- Stylish. Choose your color. Intense, vivid hues brighten up any adventure.
Unlock new features through the app and your UE BOOM 2 gets better and more fun over time. Use your app to download the latest features like the Alarm, Remote On/Off, Tap Controls and more.
Control the party from afar. Tap the top of UE BOOM 2 once to play or pause a song and twice to skip songs.
Portable Bluetooth speakers are really popular and will make a fantastic gift for your dad if he enjoys his music. The UE Boom is one of the best but not one of the most expensive. A win-win gift idea – outstanding quality at a really good price.
It’s waterproof and pretty tough. So, if your dad likes taking his music outdoors, no problem.
Includes one Hue Go, power adapter, manual, and two-year warranty.
Features (Philips Hue Go Light):
- Carry your own personal light show, capable of millions of colors and shades of white light, able to sync to your favorite music, movies, and games for an enhanced experience.
- With a rechargeable lithium ion battery that lasts up to three hours, unplug your Hue Go and take your lighting anywhere you want, without the hassle of installation.
- Add a Hue Bridge (sold separately) to control with the Philips Hue App. Expand your lighting system with Hue accessories (sold separately) such as a Hue Dimmer switch, Hue Tap, or Hue Motion Sensor.
- Control your light with voice using Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, or Google Assistant. Integrate your Hue lighting for convenient smart home control with Nest and Samsung SmartThings.
- 5 patented natural dynamic effects: Cozy Candle, Sunday Coffee, Meditation, Enchanted Forest, and Night Adventure.
- Sync light to your favorite music and see how light reacts to the rhythm. Download the third party apps for more functionality and fun things you can do with Philip Hue.
- Compatible with Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, and Google Assistant.
The Philips Hue range of products is quite a novel use of technology and can make a unique gift idea for your dad this Christmas. Maybe not the first idea that would come to mind when choosing a gift for your father but something that many dads will really enjoy.
Philips Hue lights use the Philips Hue Bridge to control the intensity and color of the light from a phone App. There are thousands of colors and effects to choose from – from ambient lighting to lighting effects – including sound-to-light effects for music.
The Philips Hue Go light has the benefit of being portable with a rechargeable battery that will give you up to 3-hours of light whilst running on battery power. This means that it’s great for power outages and your dad can use it as a bright work light or on the patio for mood lighting and even haul it out for parties to create stunning lighting effects.
This is many products in one, so most people will find a hundred and one uses for it. It looks really cool too.
Philips Hue Smart Bridge
- Add up to 50 Philips Hue lights of your choice with this ZigBee-controlled bridge.
- The heart of your Philips Hue system, this bridge enables you to control all of your Philips
- Hue products via the Philips Hue app, even when you’re away from home.
- Enhance your Philips Hue system by setting timers and alarms, connecting to a variety of apps, dimming the lights and more (cannot be used with conventional dimmers).
- Easily expand your lighting system with accessories (sold separately), such as a Hue Dimmer Switch, Hue Tap, or Hue Motion Sensor. Pair it for automation with your existing Nest or SmartThings system.
- Updates to both software and firmware are done wirelessly and seamlessly, directly to your Philips Hue product
- Includes one Philips Hue Bridge, power adapter, ethernet network cable, manual, and two-year warranty.
Fiskars IsoCore | Rip Claw Finishing Hammer
- Ideal for driving small nails into visible surfaces without damaging the surrounding area
- Patented IsoCore Shock Control System absorbs strike shock and vibration to reduce the punishment your body takes, transferring 4X less shock and vibration than wood handles
- Insulation sleeve captures initial strike shock before it can reach your hand
- Dual-layer handle features a specially formulated combination of insulating materials to dampen lingering vibration
- Lifetime warranty
Not everyone will think of a hammer as a Christmas gift. Though, if your dad is a craftsman who loves fine tools, this could well be something that will make his day.
If you don’t know much about tools, I should point out that this is a finishing hammer, not a general-purpose tool. It’s designed specifically for more detailed woodwork. It’s light and is made to knock in small nails without leaving a mark on wood surfaces. So, if your dad enjoys woodwork and takes pride in superb workmanship, he’ll find this to be a very useful tool.
Corkcicle Chillsner Beer Chiller
- Keep beer cold without watering it down
- Gift box contains 2 beer chillers; keep your beer cold from the first sip to the last
- Freeze and insert into bottle
- Fits most 9″ or taller long-neck beer bottles
- Stainless steel frame freezes quickly and cleans easily
- 4 flow vents deliver a smooth, consistent flow of perfectly chilled beer
- Filled with proprietary non-toxic thermal gel
- Dishwasher safe
Is your dad an outdoor kind of guy who enjoys a cold beer whilst out fishing or hanging around the barbecue. If so, this beer chiller is for him. It instantly chills the beer in the bottle, while you drink it.
There’s nothing worse than a warm beer on a hot day. This will be a thing of the past if your dad has one of these. It’s another inexpensive gift idea for your dad that will certainly be put to good use time and again.
DEWALT DCS7485T1 FLEXVOLT
60V battery-powered portable table saw.
- Rack and pinnion telescoping fence rails make fence adjustments smooth and accurate
- 24″ of rip capacity for ripping 4×8 plywood or OSB sheets
- Run off of 20V/60V Flexvolt battery system for maximum portability
- Site-Pro Modular Guarding System allows for tool free adjustment of the guarding
- Power-Loss Reset prevents accidental re-starts following a power disruption when the switch is left in the “on” position
- Metal roll cage base offer greater durability than plastic bases
- On board storage for Guard, Fence, wrenches and miter gauge
- Table coating reduces friction for smoother cutting
Not a cheap gift, but I can tell you with absolute certainty that if your dad is serious about his wood work, there can be no better gift for him. Read any review on the DeWalt FlexVolt range of cordless power tools and you’ll see that these are just about the best that you’ll find and way more affordable than other top-branded power tools.
I‘ll spare you the technical details and just point out that there is no other cordless table saw that even comes close to this one. Personally, I would be ecstatic if anyone gave me this machine for Christmas.
FiberFix — Repair Tape Wrap
- Bonds with woods, plastics, metals and PVC
- Sets in 5 minutes. completely cured in 20 minutes
- 100% waterproof, great for indoor and outdoor applications
- Water-activated adhesive
Even though this a fantastic product, I wouldn’t be too impressed unwrapping this on Christmas day. It lacks imagination and excitement. Though, for under ten bucks, it has its merits. This is a great stocking filler for a DIY dad. Something that you’d put in as a little extra because it’s incredibly practical and great to have around.
Unger Professional Nifty Nabber — 36”
- 36-inch Nifty Nabber reaches items low and high without the need to bend down or climb a stool or ladder
- Lightweight aluminum pole features rubber-tipped grippers to prevent damage
- Built-in magnet picks up metal objects
- Ergonomic grip makes it easy to use
- Perfect for yard clean up and helping the elderly
A fantastically practical gift. This is one of those things that anyone will love having around the home. It’s particularly useful for the dad that’s always complaining about a backache when bending to pick up stuff around the yard. Though that’s not all it’s good for – reaching into high places easily will befit anyone.
Maybe another gift that isn’t extremely exciting but its versatile practicality makes it something that anyone will greatly appreciate. So I can see many dads really liking this gift.
“With clever graphics, Madeline has created a wine navigator that effortlessly guides new wine lovers to a better understanding of the taste, origins and geography of wine.” – Dr. Andrew L. Waterhouse, Professor of Enology, University of California, Davis
Does your dad fancy himself as a wine buff, but could do with a little help in the finer details? Even if your dad enjoys a glass of fine wine and isn’t too clued up on the wine facts and terminology, he’ll surely get some good use out of this book.
It’s a wine lovers guide that takes all the pompous nonsense out of appreciating and understanding wine. It gives all the details on wine tasting as well as a lot of useful information, including wine region maps and the science behind the art of winemaking.
STANLEY J5C09 | Jump Starter/Air Compressor
- Offers both 12-volt and USB outlets to charge personal electronics
- High-powered LED light that rotates 270 degrees
- 120 PSI Compressor with Backlight Gauge
- Heavy-duty brass tipped SureFit compressor nozzle securely connects to tire valve stems
- Reverse polarity alarm to alert when there is an improper connection
- Power and charge indicator
- All Metal Powder Coated Clamps
- Built- in 120V AC charger, recharges unit with standard household extension cord
A gift that will make anyone’s life much easier. No matter what your dad’s interests might be, he will be using this gift for many years. It’s a jump starter kit for when his car battery fails and includes a compressor to pump the tires.
Your dad doesn’t need to be all that into cars to appreciate this gift. It’s a practical useful item that should be in every car.
Black & Decker BDCDMT1206KITC Matrix
6 Tool Combo Kit with Case
- MATRIX Quick Connect System allows quick and easy change of a variety of attachments
- Powerful 20V MAX* motor for the perfomance needed to complete DIY activities
- Lithium Ion Battery – holds a charge up to 18 months
- This power unit is driven by a 20V MAX* motor which provides enough power for a full range of applications and attachments
Battery tools are the perfect gift for dads who are into their DIY. Kits like this are one of the best and this one is even better than most.
Black and Decker is a great brand for general purpose household tools and is well-priced for the quality that they offer. What makes the Black and Decker Matrix kit so fantastic is that it includes basically every power tool that your dad will ever want to use around the home. An excellent design that makes owning all these tools a lot cheaper because they all use the same motor and battery. So, you’re getting six high-quality power tools in one easy to use package.
This could easily be the number one gift idea for dads this year. Of course, that’s if your dad is into tools, which many are.
Does he like coffee? If so, one of the best Christmas gifts for a dad who likes a good cup of coffee with little effort.
- One Touch Control Panel for single or double shot options of espresso, cappuccino or latte
- Automatic Milk Frother is absolutely effortless for frothing up milk in creamy cappuccinos and lattes
- Removable Milk Reservoir fills, cleans and stores easily
- Adjustable Cup Tray can be set at just the right height for dainty demitasse cups to big travel mugs
- Removable Water Reservoir fills easily at the sink and hold enough water to brew shot after shot
- The Drip Catcher is a removable, washable drip tray to collect coffee drips and keep brew space neat and clean
- Includes Single Shot Filter, Double Shot Filter, Measuring Scoop, Tamper, Coffee Recipes
Who doesn’t appreciate the perfect cup of coffee, espresso or cappuccino? Chances are, your dad, like so many others will really love this gift. It’s one of the best home espresso machines that turns the average guy into an expert barista.
It’s easy to use and very compact. The Mr. Coffee ECMP 1000 has all the features to make the perfect espresso as well as an automatic milk frother for cappuccino and other specialty coffee drinks. You can bet that most dads will be proud to own one of these.
Garmin Approach S20 Golf Watch
Comes preloaded with more than 41,000 courses around the world! Wonderful Christmas gift for dad, or for the person in your life that loves golf.
- Combines elegant watchband design with high-resolution display and activity tracking¹
- AutoShot round analyzer measures and auto-records shot distances
- Pairs with Garmin TruSwing sensor for metrics to improve your swing consistency
- CourseView feature automatically updates frequently played courses for free
- Receive smart notifications for incoming calls, texts and other alerts²
- Battery life: up to 15 hours in GPS mode; up to 8 weeks in activity tracking mode
- High-resolution display. View distances to the front, back and middle of the green, as well as hazards, doglegs and layups. Measure yardages for shots played from anywhere on the course.
✓ View or download the MANUAL for the Garmin Approach S20.
On any given Sunday, you’ll find most of the country’s dads on the golf course. It’s likely that your dad is a keen golfer and he probably already has all the kit that he needs, making it difficult to find the perfect golfing gift.
One thing he may not already have is the Garmin Approach S20 Golf Watch. Let me tell you, if your dad enjoys golf, he’s going to love this gift. It has everything a golfer could hope for in a stylish and sporty wrist watch. You can bet he’s going to want to show it off to his friends on the golf course.
VIDEO | See the Approach S20 Up Close
From course information to swing tips and a score keeper, the S20 has it all and a whole lot more. You can be sure that this gift will win your dad’s heart this Christmas.
Learn more on the Garmin site.
- DIGIC 7 Image Processor.
- Ultra-slim, Lightweight and Pocket-size Camera.
- Built-in Wi-Fi, NFC and Bluetooth
- Bright f/2.0 (W) – f/4.9 (T), 3x Optical Zoom Lens (28–84mm).
- 3.0-inch Touch Panel LCD.
- Full HD, Dynamic IS and Time-Lapse Movie Video Functions.
- Continuous Shooting Speeds of up to 8.2 fps.
- Picture Style Function.
- In-camera RAW Conversion.
With cell phones providing fairly decent cameras, these days, many don’t think of getting a real camera anymore. If your dad takes his photography a bit more seriously than the average Joe, then this digital camera is a great gift for him.
It’s a small, slim digital camera that’s easy to take with him anywhere. What’s more, it’s a Canon, so it’s a brand that is respected by professional photographers. With all the features and gizmos that you could possibly want on a camera, the Canon Power Shot G9X Mark II is perfect for the amateur photographer who’s aiming for professional results.
More Christmas Ideas for Men…
Want more gift ideas for men, then you’ll be interested in seeing more of our recommendations, read : Best Gifts for Men : Unique Gifts for Dad. Lots of wonderful gift ideas for Christmas, birthdays or any other occasion you can think of.