Are you looking for some Cool Toys for Kids with Autism? Well, we’ve put together this extensive gift guide for children with autism.
Shopping for any child can pose a challenge when you’re unsure what their interests are. Shopping for a child with special needs is particularly challenging. Toys for kids with autism can be quite beneficial when it’s something that suits their needs and are often used in therapy.
Intro | Cool Toys for Kids with Autism
Children on the autism spectrum have unique personalities and specific needs towards their development and progress. Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) is generally characterized as a condition that affects social and behavioral development. It affects approximately 1 in 59 children in the U.S. and one of the fastest growing developmental disabilities according to the CDC. There are various subtypes of autism which can range between high-functioning to nonverbal communication among individuals. Just as no two children are alike, those with special needs learn and develop in different ways.
For autistic children as well as those with social communication challenges, a common problem is interacting and connecting with others. Therapy often plays a vital role in a child’s development to helping them reach goals and meet specific needs. Many therapists who treat and assist children with special needs use toys as fundamental tools to helping them in critical areas where improvement is needed.
Sensory Play Toys
Children with ASD often experience sensory issues as well. This can mean aversions or sensitivity to certain sounds or other responses. Engaging in play with sensory toys for kids with autism offers an ideal opportunity to help develop fine motor skills, adaptive behavior, cognitive development, as well as build communication and language skills.
Wonderful Toy for Kids with Autism.
- SENSORY SAND – This sand is kinetic, so it sticks only to itself and not to you! This perpetually “wet” sand is perfect to mold, shape, and squeeze
- 6 EXCITING MOLDS – Kids can build castles, pyramids, and more with the 6 different molds included
- 2 POUND SAND SET WITH TRAY– A special mixture of sand that doesn’t dry out, allowing you to use it again and again
- NON-TOXIC & MESS-FREE –This hypoallergenic sand is non-toxic and super easy to clean up!
- RESPECTED QUALITY – Providing children with the best educational toys, this kit is backed by National Geographic’s 100% satisfaction guarantee
Sand is a popular tactile material used for providing a calming activity for children with ASD while engaging sensory building skills. This kinetic play sand is designed to stick together without sticking to you for a material that is easy to form and construct with and won’t create a mess. The set comes with 6 molds for children to build pyramids, castles or use their own imagination. The sand doesn’t dry out, although it has a ‘wet’ consistency to form and mold with while holding its shape and can be used over and over again. The non-toxic material is completely safe for children to work with.
Great Sensory Toy for Kids with Autism.
- Bright, colorful artwork on every piece and every panel
- 21 beads for pushing and pulling along the long, winding tracks, turning gears
- Spinning pieces, one for each letter of the alphabet — perfect for practicing those ABCs
- Abacus included
- Assists development of shape recognition, color recognition and eye-hand coordination
This activity cube boasts bright colorful pieces on each panel. There are 21 beads strung on winding tracks on the top panel that can be pulled and pushed along. The various-shaped beads can be helpful for shape recognition and the spinning pieces are great for promoting fine motor skills as well as hand-eye coordination. One side features gears that interlock and spin. On another side you’ll find spinning pieces with each letter of the alphabet for promoting letter recognition. An abacus is also featured on one of the panels.
Manhattan Toy Tree Top Adventure Activity Center
Cool Toy for Kids with Autism.
- Designed to captivate your child’s curiosity with exciting colors and hands-on gadgets
Solid wood activity center offers hours and hours of exploratory fun and learning
Colorful tree theme and sturdy construction makes this great decor for a nursery or activity room
- Bead runs and gliders encourage reach and grasping skills
- Size : Product stands 22.5″ high, 18″ wide
- Ages 12 months+
- All wood toys have non-toxic water based finishes.
- Adult assembly required
- Surface wash only
- This product meets or exceeds EN71 and CPSIA safety regulations
- Comes boxed
- Includes :
- 4 quadrants in the shape of a tree with a variety of activities for baby :
- 6 tracks with animal-themed gliders,
- 6 bead runs with colorful wood beads.
- Awards :
- As seen on ABC’s The View – best of the toy fair feature!
- Chosen as one of the best toys of the year 2014 by Parents Magazine.
- Scholastic Parent & Child Gold Star toys Award winner 2014
The colors and hands-on activities featured in this activity center are enough to keep any child engaged for hours on end. The Tree Top Adventure Activity Center offers various elements that engage multiple senses with tactile elements as well as visuals and problem solving skills. Various shaped beads are strung on bending wires for little hands to grasp and run along the wires, improving fine motor skill development. There are 4 quadrants featured in the treetop activity center in vibrant colors. Each side features characters in a 3D element that can inspire imagination and stimulate pretend play.
The Noodley Children LED Finger Light Gloves
Sensory Toy for Kids with Autism.
- AVAILABLE IN CHILD AND ADULT SIZES: Child size recommended for ages 5-9. Adult size recommended for ages 11+.
- EASY OPERATION: Simply press the button on the cuff and scroll through 6 different lighting modes from flashing to wave to solid.
- MULTIPLE LED LIGHT COLORS: Each glove glows red, green, and blue in 6 different modes: Solid, flashing, and alternating patterns.
- LIGHTWEIGHT & COMFORT STRETCH FIT – Made of breathable lightweight cotton/polyester blend that stretches to fit. Warm in the winter and light enough for summer nights.
- EXTRA BATTERIES INCLUDED: Each glove comes with two CR2016 pre-installed replaceable batteries. Plus we always include an extra set! Simply remove the battery tab to activate.
These multicolored light up gloves provide a great visual stimulating activity for children with ASD. They feature 6 different light up modes in red, green, and blue. A button on each glove lets the wearer alternate modes from solid to flashing and various patterns. The child size gloves are made to fit 5-9 year olds. In addition to providing children with a visually stimulating activity, the gloves can also offer safe visibility for parents with their children in crowded places or at night time events. They’re made of a lightweight cotton/polyester blend breathable material for optimal comfort.
Tomy International — Hide N’ Squeak Eggs
Cool Toy for Kids with Autism.
- Don’t be fooled by any quacks! These are the original TOMY Hide & Squeak Eggs!
- Shells crack open to reveal six egg-stra special colorful chicks
- Press down gently on their heads to hear them cheep
- Easy for little hands to grip
- Sort the eggs into their spaces – each one has its own specially shaped base inside the egg box
This egg box opens up to reveal 6 eggs that have a surprise hidden inside. It’s a matching game for preschoolers with unique shapes under the base of each egg to fit into its own space. The eggs ‘crack’ open to reveal colorful chicks in each one. They’re shaped for little hands to easily grasp and encourage manual dexterity. The birds make a chirp sound when lightly pushed down while inside the egg. The chirp sound isn’t loud or overly obnoxious and no batteries are required. The chicks are colored to match the faces on the eggs for a color-matching game and also provide a great opportunity for facial expression recognition.
Learning Resources — Gator Grabber Tweezers
One of the best Toys for Kids with Autism.
Includes : 12 tweezers – 6 colors (red, yellow, purple, orange, blue and green) and Plastic storage container.
- The design of the Gator Grabbers encourages children to use the pincer grasp, with the thumb and index finger. It’s the same grasp needed for holding a pencil.
- Fine Tune Fine Motor Skills : As children grab an object with a Gator Grabber, they learn to control their hand muscles using just enough pressure to hold it in the gator’s jaws.
- Grab and Go : Set includes a roomy, clear plastic storage container, complete with lid for easy stacking, and handle for taking the gators on the go.
- Big and Bold : Colorful Gator Grabbers measure 4” long from the back of the tweezers to the tip of the snout! Their large size makes them easy for little hands to manipulate.
- Fine Motor– As students pick up objects with the tweezers, they are working on motor planning and eye-hand coordination (visual-motor integration) and refining the manual skills needed for writing, drawing and daily living.
- Sensory Integration– Students who are hypersensitive to textures can participate in tactile play using tweezers to hold and move objects.
- Self-Help– Incorporate puppet-like conversations to enhance communication and social interactions. Gator (tweezers) can speak to or try to gobble up the other person, increasing direct contact with another.
The pincer grasp is an important fine motor skill to achieve for writing purposes as well as performing other various small tasks. This set of alligator tweezers comes with 12 tweezers in an assortment of colors. Children can use the grabbers for picking up small objects or even food. These are specifically designed with a unique size for little hands to grasp comfortably and maintain control to effectively pick up objects. The grabbers come in a convenient storage container with a lid when not in use.
LeapFrog — Spin & Sing Alphabet Zoo
Best Toy for Young Kids with Autism.
- Spin to learn : Spin the interactive toy to learn about animals and letters.
- 3 ways to play : Choose from three play modes including letters, animals and music.
- Introduces ABCs : Learn letter names and their sounds.
- Learn about animals : Includes 26 animal names and sounds.
- Introduces letters A-Z and animal names and sounds
- Three ways to play: letter, animal and music learning modes
- Explore learning with each spin of the wheel
- Playful musical responses and lights reward each touch
- Spin, push and slide to help develop motor skills
Knowing the alphabet is an important first step to learning to read. We designed the Spin & Sing Alphabet Zoo™ to expose young children to letter names and sounds with age-appropriate and intuitive batting play. It also engages children’s attention with fun lights and music. Clement C., PhD, LeapFrog Learning Expert
This is a fun learning toy for infants and toddlers that respond well to sound and lights. It has features to promote motor skills with functions to push, spin and slide. There are 3 modes of learning activities featured to aid in learning the alphabet, identifying various animal sounds and names of animals. The interactive spin and sing alphabet zoo invites young learners to engage in the activities by rewarding touch with music and lights. It can serve as a useful tool in promoting vocabulary and language skills as well.
Inflatable PeaPod Junior, 48 Inches
Unique Gift for Kids with Autism.
- Durable, inflatable spaces are made with super-strong vinyl and have tough triple-welded seams for added strength.
- Most children can get in the ‘pod’ themselves.
- Applies deep, even pressure to many sensitive areas of the body.
- Some children like to gently rock side-to-side, for that perfect ‘cocooning-calm’.
- The velvety ‘pod’ surface is made with comfortable flocked vinyl.
- Medium PeaPod fits most second and third-grade students.
- Adult supervision highly recommended.
- To prevent accidental puncturing, do not jump in or on the PeaPods and keep all sharp objects from contacting the surface.
- Made for one child only.
- Medium Pea Pod is 60 in L.
For someone with autism tools or devices designed to provide even pressure around the body, similarly to a hug, can provide a calming element when needed. The PeaPod Junior is designed to offer a calming space with inflatable sides that provide a ‘cocooning’ effect ideal for children from Pre-K up to 1st grade. Once inside, children can rock themselves from side-to-side for self soothing. It has a newly improved design for added durability and features a soft, velvety texture and handles for gripping. The puncture-resistant vinyl is very durable, but care should still be exercised to prevent puncturing. The peapod is not made for jumping or bouncing on.
A great gift for all kids with a wide selection of child-friendly games.
- One controller or two, vertical or sideways, motion controls or buttons…Joy‑Con and Nintendo Switch give you total gameplay flexibility.
- HD rumble makes games more immersive.
- The IR Motion Camera in Joy-Con (R) can detect the shape, movement, and distance of objects captured by the camera. And that makes new gameplay experiences possible
- Start a gaming party anytime with multiplayer games for Nintendo Switch*. Use additional Joy‑Con controllers, Nintendo Switch Pro Controllers, or a combo of the two.
- Link up to eight systems together to play anywhere.
- Play online with other Nintendo Switch gamers.
- Keep the focus on fun by using parental controls to manage how your family interacts with Nintendo Switch.
- You can manage Nintendo eShop purchases via your Nintendo Account. You may also limit sharing on social networks, restrict access to games based on their ESRB ratings, and more. A free app gives you even more choices and a handy way to manage your Nintendo Switch parental controls from anywhere via your mobile device.
- 6.2-inch, multi-touch capacitive touch screen; can display a resolution of 1280 x 720.
- 32GB of internal memory, a portion of which is reserved for use by the system. Users can easily expand storage space using microSDHC or microSDXC cards.
- Battery life can last for more than six hours, but will vary depending on the software and usage conditions. For example, The Legend of Zelda™: Breath of the Wild can be played for roughly 3 hours on a single charge.
- Native language support: English, Spanish and French
The Nintendo Switch takes the home video game console on the go so kids can take their gaming with them. It’s a gaming console that can be connected to the TV when it’s stationed in the dock for at-home play and transitions into a handheld gaming console with a display screen. Video or digital gaming is often very appealing to children with special needs as it hones in on teaching them how to play, and in turn, learning. It can also provide a great tool for encouraging social skills through multiplayer games. The Nintendo Switch is a great choice providing a console that is easy to grasp and control. It requires fine motor skills to use the controller providing optimal practice for improving those skills.
The two controllers allow play with multiple players so the family can take part in the fun. It also encourages a joint interest for children with autism to non-autistic children. A really great feature with this particular gaming console are the parental controls. Parents can set time limits which can be really important for children that are prone to becoming overly engaged in one activity. Additional features allow parents to set restrictions on content and features, providing a customized gaming system that parents and children will enjoy.
LeapFrog Epic Academy Edition
- This android-based learning tablet includes exclusive full-access to LeapFrog Academy, the new learning subscription service from LeapFrog
- The tablet is packed with on-board learning content plus access to leapfrog’s award-winning library including hundreds of games, apps, videos and music
- Parents control when to add more features such as web, Netflix and Android apps as the child is ready
- The tablet is kid-safe right out of the box
- The customizable home screen allows your child to create an environment, add stickers, animations and more, inspiring their creative play and self-expression
- Removable bumper, shatter-safe, 7″ multi-touch capacitive screen, 1024×600 resolution
- OS based on Android 4.4
- 1.3 GHz quad-core processor
- 16GB memory with expandable SD card port
- Dual cameras for pictures and videos
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/h
- Rechargeable lithium ion battery
- learning games, apps and videos like Pet Pad Party, Word of the Day, Photo Fun Ultra, Letter Factory Adventures and more
This is an android-based tablet for kids that offers learning content to help improve a child’s critical and creative thinking, problem solving skills, and much more. The home screen can be customized encouraging the user’s self-expression. The learning content is pre-loaded onto the tablet so there’s no buying games or discs and it grows with your child’s progress. It comes safe to use for kids right out of the box and parents can add their own websites to the device for learning or school. It comes with a free trial of the learning program which you will have to choose a subscription plan once it’s complete (90 days) to continue playing. Parents can set up time-limit frames for each child. It also comes with a removable bumper and shatter-proof screen for durability.
Pretend Play Toys
Initiating pretend play allows children to develop critical skills. For children on the autism spectrum playing pretend at an early age has been shown to significantly improve or boost language skills later on. Play sets and pretend toys such as these featured below are excellent toys for kids with autism to encourage thinking along with problem-solving skills.
- Stove burner features lights and fun sounds
- Working oven and refrigerator doors
- Clicking knobs on stovetop and oven
- Ample counter space
- Plenty of storage areas, including hooks for hanging utensils and cups
- 25-piece accessory set included
- Requires two “AA” batteries (not included)
- Need more information on our play kitchens? Compare our play kitchens by height, width and depth here
- Adult assembly required
This play kitchen provides many realistic features of a real kitchen for an engaging pretend play experience. The play stove features burner lights and makes realistic cooking sounds along with knobs that click and an oven that doubles as storage space. Features like hooks and shelves provide a space for utensils and accessories. There’s even a recycling bin included with this set. There are 25 accessories to promote interactive play with utensils, bowls, and pots and pans. This play kitchen is subtle in color with very minimal bright colors and relatively simple in features without the ‘bells and whistles’ of fancier kitchen play sets. This is especially ideal for children that may have heightened sensitivity to contrasting colors and noises.
Learning Resources — Farmer’s Market Color Sorting Set
- Develop color recognition and sorting skills with bushels of realistic produce
- Expand vocabulary by naming familiar favorites and learning new foods
- Includes 25 foods in 5 different colors, 5 baskets, activity guide, and stickers for labeling
- Winner of 2 awards
- 30 Pieces for Fresh Fun : Set includes 25 kid-friendly play fruits and veggies in 5 colors, from a plump purple plum to a green Granny Smith apple. Also includes 5 plastic baskets with stick-on labels, plus activity guide.
- Ideal for ages 3+
- Children will get valuable practice sorting the 25 different fruits and veggies by their vibrant colors: red, yellow, orange, purple, and green.
- Harvest Healthy Eating Habits : Playing with these realistic fruits and veggies helps reinforce a love of healthy produce like corn and grapes, and introduces new ones, like eggplant.
- Clear Color Labels : Set includes stickers for labeling the baskets with the names of the 5 colors, printed in an easy-to-read font that looks hand written.
- Baskets for Play and Storage : The set comes with 5 plastic bushel baskets, styled just like the ones at your local farmers market. Each basket measures 4” high x 5.5” in diameter.
If you have a little chef that loves to pretend cooking up dishes, this farmer’s market set would make an excellent addition to the above kitchen playset or simply by itself. The 30-piece set features 25 pretend play foods of fruits and veggies assorted by 5 different colors. Baskets and color coordinating labels are included that can be helpful in encouraging color recognition as well as engaging sorting skills.
Melissa & Doug — Wooden Scoop and Serve Ice Cream Counter
- 28-piece wooden ice cream play set
- Includes wooden ice cream counter, eight ice cream scoops, six toppings, two cones, cup, scooper, tongs, wooden spoon, and six $1 bills
- Scoops stack on cone or in cup and toppings fit snuggly over scoop
- Lift and release scoops with realistic scooper
- 3+ years
Scoop up some sweet treats with this cute scoop and serve ice cream counter set. The Melissa & Doug wooden set comes with an ice cream counter, eight different ice cream scoops, 6 toppings that can connect atop of each other, 2 cones, an ice cream cup, a small wooden spoon, tongs, pretend dollar bills, an ice cream scooper, and a ‘menu’ order. The reusable menu card lets ‘customers’ order up their favorite scoops to be dished up or scooped into a cone with numerous combination possibilities. The scooper works just like a real scoop with a feature to pick up scoops and transfer into the cone or cup with the release button, promoting fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
Melissa & Doug — Fold and Go Wooden Barn With 7 Animal
- Portable wooden barn opens wide for easy play access and closes up to take with you.
- Features a handle for easy transport.
- Includes seven realistic plastic farm animals, a wooden ladder and a folding corral.
- Sturdy wooden construction
- Promotes imaginative play
Encourage imagination and creative play with this wooden barn set. The barn is a fun and inviting toy for the little farmer who is passionate about farm animals. It comes with a barn that opens up for access to house the 7 plastic animals included into the individual stalls. Other accessories include a wooden toy ladder and a folding corral. Sliding doors featured in the barn help promote fine motor skills while providing an entrance for animals to enter in and out of the barn during pretend play. The barn can also be closed up and store the animals and accessories when not in use and features 2 sturdy handles for easy handling.
- Skylight allows sunshine in as kids play
- Convertible table top flips over to become a pretend grill
- Decorative heart shaped flower pot is perfect for pretend play gardening
- Hands of the clock inside the playhouse will teach kids how to tell time
- Full size door and working shutters that children can easily open and close
- Electronic doorbell and phone enhance the pretend play experience
- Playhouse interior 55.5″ (1.4 m) tall
- Requires four “AAA” batteries (not included)
- Learn about the inside dimensions of each playhouse
- Adult assembly required
A playhouse much like this one can be a helpful and fun way for kids with spatial awareness difficulties to adapt and improve their capabilities. It can also serve as a soothing space to help autistic children feel calm, especially when interacting with other children. There are many features included in this sweetheart playhouse to encourage social skills. The playhouse features a door that opens and closes, functioning shutters, and a tabletop the doubles as a pretend grill when flipped over. Inside the playhouse is an electronic phone and a clock with hands that can be moved providing a learning opportunity to tell time. The interior is roomy enough to accommodate two children or even a parent.
Learning Resources — Pretend and Play Calculator Cash Register
- Extra large buttons and storage drawer designed for little hands
- Learning Style: Visual, Tactile
- Skill Development: Coin identification and value, Addition, Subtraction, Place value, Imaginative play, Fine motor skills, Eye-hand coordination, Sorting, Matching, Problem solving, Sequential thought, Self-help skills, Auditory processing, Calculator skills
- Solar powered cash register, 30 actual-size pretend bills,
- 40 plastic coins, 1 pretend credit card, activity guide
- Size : 10.5”L x 9.5”W x 5.5”H
- Age: 3+ / Grades: PreK+
Children often learn through imitation of what they see around them. A trip to the grocery store may not seem much like a learning opportunity, but for a child that notices small details others do not, it can provide a wealth of information. This pretend play calculator cash register offers a hands-on learning activity for children to gain early math skills along with the concept of value. It features a functioning solar-powered calculator with an LED display for actual computing. The drawer opens and makes a ‘cha ching’ sound similar to the real deal to instill money handling skills. It’s a great toy for parents or other children to help engage in role playing by making ‘transactions’ to promote communication and social skills as well.
VTech — Touch & Learn Activity Desk
- Activity table features an interactive desktop and four double-sided cards that introduce numbers, letters, animals, music, People and more.
- Innovative learning table allows you to flip up the kids’ table and create a masterpiece using the easel or chalkboard; chalk not included.
- Toddler play table comes with 160+ vocab words, 30+ learning activities, and 20+ popular melodies; 9 colorful touch pages each with 4 learning modes.
- Activity table comes with an interactive LED screen that demos how to write letters and numbers step by step; stool is included with kids desk.
- Early education center operates on 3 AA batteries (not included); intended for kids 3-6 years old; Frustration free packaging means it comes easier to open in a plain brown box.
- Expansion packs are not compatible with this desk.
This activity table offers versatility for learning and play. There are 5 activity pages featured in the table providing engaging content for learning and intellectual development. For an artistic concept, the table can transform into an easel with a chalkboard when you lift up the desktop. There’s a small storage area to keep art supplies and writing tools handy such as chalk. An electronic toy phone and a music player are incorporated to encourage child-initiated pretend play. The activity desk can be expanded with additional learning packs available in a wide curriculum range from math and science to language arts plus more. There is even a progress button that reports on your child’s progress level as they play.
Physical Activity Toys
ASD can also affect a child’s equilibrium as they’re often challenged with body awareness in space. Toys for kids autism that engage physical activity such as jumping, climbing, swinging or swaying are really beneficial to improving the vestibular system.
Gonge Riverstones / Hilltops
- Great for improving coordination and balance
- Each side of the stones vary in steepness and difficulty
- May be stacked for easy storage
- Rubber rim prevents slipping
- Set of 5 hilltops in 3 heights
These stepping stones offer a cool and fun opportunity to improve balance and coordination in children. The set of 6 stones are designed to replicate real river stones with varying steepness on each side and different heights. The stones can be arranged to create challenging pathways with the object of stepping or jumping from one to the other without touching the floor. They feature rubberized grips on the base to prevent sliding while also protecting the integrity of floor surfaces. The stones are capable of withstanding up to 110 pounds. The set is composed of 3 small stones and 3 larger stones which can be stacked together for storing when not in use.
Little Tikes Jr. Jump ‘n Slide Bouncer
- Tall walls with mesh netting surround a large jumping area
- After inflation, blower should run continuously while children are playing
- Bouncer must be anchored firmly in place
- Maximum number of kids: 2
- Maximum weight limit: up to 160 lbs.
- Stakes to anchor bouncer
- Heavy-duty blower with GFCI plug with stakes
- Storage/carrying bag
- Repair kit
- 90 Day Limited Warranty from date of purchase on bouncer
- 1 year Limited Warranty from date of purchase on blower
- Refer to instruction booklet for set-up, storage, maintenance and care
- Designed for home outdoor use only!
This bouncy house provides plenty of physical interaction from bouncing around to sliding on the wide built-in inflatable slide. The mesh netting surrounding the bouncer on 3 sides helps in providing an enclosure to keep kids safe while maintaining visibility for parents. It’s made of a puncture-resistant material for durability and built to accommodate up to 2 children. It comes with 4 anchors to keep the house secure when set up, repair patches, a heavy-duty blower and 2 blower stakes. The bouncer inflates within minutes and deflates to fold up easily for storage with a storage bag included.
- Deceptively simple, elegantly shaped and magically attractive, the Bilibo inspires creative, imaginative, limitless play for boys and girls
- The iconic shell shape and bright colors are immediately appealing, arousing curiosity, intrigue and commanding immediate attention
- The award winning Bilibo was designed in Switzerland in conjunction with child development experts
- Made from nontoxic, shatterproof polyethylene it is incredibly durable and appropriate for both indoor and outdoor play
- Stimulating creativity and open-ended play for kids ages 2+
It doesn’t look like much but you’d be surprised how engaging this simple toy can be to a child’s development. The Bilibo features an iconic shell shape that can be anything your child thinks up. The unique shape gives it a captivating appeal children will love while inspiring creativity and stimulating various senses. The Bilibo’s design can help in the development of balance and coordination with unlimited play possibilities. They can be used to rock or spin around in, sitting, worn as a helmet, hiding underneath, and so much more. The Bilibos are available in a wide range of colors.
Building toys and construction are often very appealing to children with ASD. Toys designed for building or being manipulated can be useful in helping children gain skills and imagination. Blocks, Legos, replica models and similar constructing toys are all great examples of toys for kids with autism that can engage other key areas of development children need to improve on.
LEGO Architecture — 21019 The Eiffel Tower
- Build a detailed model of the Eiffel Tower in Paris, France!
- Includes collectible booklet containing information about the design, architecture and history of the building
- LEGO Architecture building toys are compatible with all LEGO construction sets for creative building
- The Eiffel Tower measures 12 inches high, 4 inches wide, and 4 inches deep
- 321 pieces – For boys and girls over the age of 12 years old
This advanced architecture building set consists of 321 pieces to build and construct a detailed replica of the Eiffel Tower. The structure can provide a nice visual representation as well as a learning opportunity about the actual structure for inquiring minds. The box lists interesting facts about the structure’s history. It measures a foot high by 4-inches wide once assembled. This set is designed for children 12 years and up.
LEGO Technic — Volvo Concept Wheel Loader
ZEUX 42081 Building Kit
- Build the futuristic LEGO Technic Volvo Concept Wheel Loader with mapping drone, working tipper and bucket, adjustable counterbalance, 4-wheel steering, elaborate rims and heavy duty tires with this advanced builder set
- This 2-in-1 Volvo track loader rebuilds into a Volvo Concept Hauler PEGAX
- Volvo Concept Wheel Loader ZEUX measures over 7” (18cm) high, 23” (59cm) long and 8” (21cm) wide and over 20” (51cm) long with counterbalance retracted Volvo Concept Hauler
- PEGAX measures over 7” (18cm) high, 15” (40cm) long and 8” (22cm) wide and over 10” (27cm) long
- 1167 pieces – 4-wheeler STEM toy for boys and girls aged between 10 and 16 and for fans and big kids of all ages
- The LEGO Technic Volvo Concept Wheel Loader ZEUX 42081 construction toy set can be built together with all other original LEGO Technic sets and LEGO building bricks for creative construction
Ignite their passion for moving vehicles and construction with this Volvo Concept Wheel Loader building kit. This building kit is complex and not ideal for individuals with difficulty in fine motor skills but can be really beneficial to encourage problem solving skills and requires focus and attention to detail. Once assembled it features a functioning boom and bucket, 4-wheel steering, and an adjustable counterbalance for play. The wheel loader can be rebuilt as a Hauler Pegax for a more challenging project. The kit also comes with a buildable mapping drone and stickers to provide realistic detail in the Volvo color scheme.
Engino Discovering STEM Structures Buildings & Bridges
- ENGINO brings complex concepts into clear focus for budding engineers and Scientists with award winning components and step by step illustrated assembly instructions
- DISCOVER all types of forces applied in buildings and bridges and how they are designed to provide massive weight support
- BUILD 9 working models such as a suspension bridge, Truss bridge lower Truss bridge, house and more
- INCLUDES 12 pages of theory and facts, a 3 page quiz, 6 pages of experimental activities illustrating bridge and building assemblies, 16 pages of step by step, 3D rendered illustrations
- MODELS illustrated online at Engino website or using the Engino 3D app downloadable free for Android or Apple iOS.
The architectural designs and models in this kit provide a hands-on learning experience at how buildings and structures work. The set includes detailed instructions along with all the necessary components for building and assembling 9 different functioning models. The set is beneficial to work on maintaining focus in addition to gross motor skills to complete each project. An extractor tool is included to make separating the small parts easier. There is a theory and fact sheet also provided to demonstrate exactly how these structures work in real-world applications by introducing young engineers to various types of forces.
Choosing The Right Toy for A Child with Autism
Every child is unique in their own way and how they respond to things around them. If you’re searching for toys for kids with autism it’s always a good idea to first ask the parents for recommendations. They can provide helpful insight on ideas that may be suitable for their child as well as give feedback on a toy you might have in mind before you buy.