When you buy through our links, we may earn a commission. ➥Learn more
In this review of the EF EcoFlow Delta PRO you’ll quickly see how this innovative battery backup power system can make your life easier and give you peace of mind wherever you require flexible back-up power. You can keep it simple and purchase one single unit of the EcoFlow Delta Pro or you can connect multiple units together for a maximum capacity of 25,000 watts (25KWh). This is truly a revolutionary design, engineered to scale to your power requirements. You can build up your ecosystem over time, as you can afford it.
Table of Contents...
Brand Quality Matters
Because EcoFlow Delta PRO is a battery backup system, it means you never have to worry about fumes or noise as you would with traditional gas generators. Yes, it’s definitely more expensive if you go with a battery based system but if you look at it long term it makes much more economical sense. There are a lot of technical details which I’ll get into, but I have to confess that I am someone who believes in the value of the EF EcoFlow Delta PRO brand and the quality of their generators. When you’re spending a lot of money, it’s important to go with the brands you can depend on and will be there if you have any issues that are covered under warranty.
Even though EF EcoFlow has only been around since 2017, they’ve done a magnificent job of establishing themselves as a premium battery generator brand. This isn’t an easy feat as this market is quite competitive and growing rapidly, even Tesla is going after this market with their Powerwall product.
Let’s get into the details and see what makes the EcoFlow Delta PRO so special. Start by watching this video overview :
VIDEO | A Closer Look at the Innovative Delta PRO
Our Unpredictable World / Prepare for anything
As I write this Ukraine is being invaded by Russia. The world is an unpredictable place and we never know what’s around the corner. I can’t imagine the horror being felt by Ukraine citizens as their country is being taken over for no justifiable reason. Over the past two years we’ve been living in a pandemic which has created a lot of uncertainty in our lives, including mine. Personally, I like to be prepared for anything and having some type of backup power system is essential in this day and age. Even if you can’t afford the EF EcoFlow Delta PRO, there are a lot of options for you to consider, which we’ve covered extensively on this site. For something smaller and less expensive consider the ECOFLOW River Pro or other portable power stations which are well suited for apartments and powering small electrical devices.
I live in Vancouver, BC and we’re expected to be hit by a massive earthquake anytime — in fact, we’re long overdue. Everybody who lives in Vancouver should own a backup power system but most people are not prepared. As human beings we tend to wait for a disaster to ruin our lives before we make it a priority to ensure that we never again get caught by surprise. Money spent for a day that may never come seems like a waste of money but if that day comes then no cost would be too much to have the backup power necessary to get through the event.
Even in places like Texas, they have trouble keeping up with power demands, during extreme weather events. Do you want to be without power during the next heat wave or cold spell. These things will happen, so prepare now because when you need a generator the most you won’t find one.
Plan for the inevitable — this is something I’ve learned the hard way in my own life. Portable backup power is a wise place to put your money in our rapidly changing world.
EF EcoFlow Delta Pro REVIEW
First, I need to explain the ecosystem so you know what all of the various parts and pieces are for. It can be confusing at first but I’m here to clarify for you so you know exactly what your options are.
There are two main components, as seen in the image below. The main unit is the Delta Pro and you have the option to connect up to two additional smart battery units to expand your power 10,800W.
If you want to connect Delta Pro to you home the setup requires the EcoFlow Smart Home Panel (see image below) which enables you to connect two Delta Pro units, with two additional smart batteries connected to each main unit. It’s important to know what you plan on using these units for so you can create the optimal setup, although, the beauty of this backup ecosystem is the flexibility it allows. Obviously, you have the option to move these units around and connect them as you wish depending on where you need the power. I think this is an ingenious system that homeowners will appreciate over time.
The Smart Home Panel connects with up to 10 of your home circuits, with a super fast switchover time of only 20ms. Integrates seamlessly with the DELTA Pro ecosystem. Ultimately the max power capacity is up to 25,000W, which is quite phenomenal when you think of it. This is what you want when the apocalypse arrives. It has a 7200W output that kicks in as soon as a blackout hits.
4 circuits have up to 30 A current and the remaining 6 circuits have up to 20 A current.
Basically, when the power goes out, you will be 100% powered by the EcoFlow Delta system as it will power your entire home.
Another great feature is that you can recharge your batteries with 6 different methods, including with an EV outlet in 1.8 hours, just like an electric cars gets recharged. Here’s the full list of charging methods and the amount of time it takes :
- EV Charge = 1.8 Hours
- Wall Outlet (US) = 2.8 Hours
- 240V Outlet = 1.9 Hours
- EU Wall Outlet = 2.7 Hours
- AC + Solar + Smart Generator / Delta Pro & Smart Extra Battery = Under 2 Hours
When it comes to buying a portable generator you should know that it’s better to have more power than you think you need than not enough power; and believe me, you’ll always need more power. If the power goes out you never know how long it will be out for. Plan for the worst case or most likely scenario. Each unit of the EF EcoFlow Delta PRO has a capacity of 7200W (Peak) and 3600W of running power. It can go as high as 4500W of output when using their X-Boost function. Pretty impressive. And if you connect two units together you have 7200W (running) available, which will allow you to run the most demanding appliances, like a washer or air conditioner.
One of the most impressive features that sets the Delta Pro apart from any other battery system is the fact that you can charge it fully in 2.8 hours with an electrical outlet. You won’t find a faster battery charge with any brand.
- DELTA Pro has a 3600W capacity that can be expanded all the way to 25,000W.
- For Home Backup : You can integrate it directly with your home circuits with the Smart Home Panel.
- Power for Anything : Can power heavy-duty appliances such as dryers, AC units & more. Need more power, combine two units for a total of 7200W.
- Control it all via your phone with the EcoFlow app.
- Charge via one of 6 methods. First portable power station that can be charged from an EV station, and can even Multicharge by combining methods to achieve a rapid 6500W charge.
- Integrates with your home: By using the Smart Home Panel (sold separately), DELTA Pro can provide power to up to 10 home circuits. Perfect for when a power outage hits, or for regular use allowing you to save on your bills.
- DELTA Pro unit (3600W AC output), can be expanded up to 4500W with X-Boost technology.
- Flexible Charging : Charge up at thousands of EV stations worldwide.
- Use solar energy to charge DELTA Pro in just 4-8 hours. DELTA Pro has a wide voltage range from 11-150V, making it compatible with 90% of third-party solar panels with MC4 connectors. Integrated with smart maximum power point tracking (MPPT) that will automatically adjust when the weather gets bad.
- EcoFlow Smart Generator serves as an emergency option that integrates with your DELTA Pro ecosystem. When your Delta Pro has a low charge the generator will automatically kick in, re-charging your DELTA Pro, and will stop the engine all by itself once your DELTA Pro hits a full charge.
- Total Command : Controls are on the unit itself, or use the remote control accessory, or unlock customization via the EcoFlow app. On the app, you can access your power settings, such as charging and discharging levels, AC charge speeds, control the Smart Generator and a whole lot more.
- The EcoFlow ecosystem includes : A selection of extra batteries, smart generators, solar trackers, wind turbines, a smart home panel, and more.
- EcoFlow Smart Home Panel is the brains of the DELTA Pro home battery ecosystem. Integrates up to two DELTA Pro units with 10 home circuits. Each DELTA Pro can be connected with extra batteries, solar panels, or smart generators, giving you uninterrupted power during blackouts, smart energy management for your critical loads.
- Perfect for your RV Life : Integrated wheels and a suitcase-style extendable handle makes it effortless to move around. DELTA Pro comes with dedicated 30A Anderson port and AC outlet.
- Brand-new LFP (Lithium-ion phosphate) battery with 6500 cycles, which means you can use DELTA Pro for years and years before your unit reaches 50% of the original capacity. EcoFlow’s battery management system provides real-time analysis and regulation of voltage, current, and temperature.
|EcoFlow Delta PRO / Specs
|Capacity : 3600Wh
|Support up to two DELTA Pro Smart Extra Battery/Smart Generator
|AC Output : 5 outlets, 3600W total (Surge 7200W)
|Max Device(s) Power Supported by X-Boost : 4500W
|USB-A Output : 2 ports, 5V, 2.4A, 12W Max per port
|USB-A Fast Charge : 2 ports, 5V, 2.4A / 9V, 2A / 12V, 1.5A, 18W Max per port
|USB-C Output : 2 ports, 5/9/12/15/20V, 5A, 100W Max per port
|Car Power Output : 12.6V, 10A, 126W Max
|DC5521 Output : 2 ports, 12.6V, 3A, 38W Max per port
|Anderson Port : 12.6V, 30A
|AC Charging Input : 1800W Max, 120V~15A, 3000W Max, 240V~12.5A
|Solar Charging Input : 1600W Max, 11-150V, 13A
|Car Charging Input : Support 12V/24V battery, 8A
|Battery Chemistry : LFP
|Cycle Life : 6,500 cycles to 50% capacity, 3,500 cycles to 80% capacity
|Shelf Life : 1 year (after a full charge)
|Connection : Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, wired
|Net Weight : Approx. 99lbs/45kg
|Dimension : 25″ x 11.2″ x 16.4″ /63.5×28.4×42cm
EcoFlow Smart Generator
Another component to consider is the EcoFlow Solar Generator which can charge your Delta Pro + Smart Battery in under two hours. They’ve thought of everything with this system which is why I absolutely love it. Let’s be honest, gas generators will be a thing of the past one day because they have so many drawbacks, such as : maintenance requirements, they’re loud and annoying, they produce fumes and they kill people with the carbon monoxide they give off. As battery technology evolves you’ll see a gradually phasing out of traditional gas generators, and that will be a good day.
VIDEO : EcoFlow Solar Generator
Compared to a gas generator these EcoFlow battery generators are relatively quiet, but they are not silent by any means as they have large internal fans to keep the components cool. Unfortunately, the more power you have packed in a small container, you’ll have to contend with heat. The laws of thermodynamics can’t be escaped. Heat is always a challenge when it comes to designing advanced electronic devices.
The engineers at EcoFlow have thought of everything for their Delta Pro ecosystem. The modular design is ingenious and reflects the intelligent approach they have when it comes to engineering new products. Ultimately consumers benefit because it allows them to begin with one Delta Pro and then scale up their system if their power needs change and/or as they have more money to spend. Most people don’t have $20,000 to spend all at once, but with traditional home stand-by systems this is precisely what consumers have to do — but not anymore. We live in troubling times, where nothing is predictable anymore as it once was — not even the weather is predictable any longer. We live in a world of extremes and being self-reliant should be the goal of all families. I truly believe this.
If the power goes out due to an earthquake, hurricane or any other major negative event, the truth is that you’re on your own for an extended period of time. Do you want to be prepared when these moments occur or do you want to leave it up to chance? I don’t know about you but back-up power is one of the few things in this world that we will always need. Power fuels our world now more than ever with all of our gadgets and smart devices. We rely on technology to get through our day and we get annoyed even when we don’t have an internet signal for a few minutes. So be honest with yourself and make a decision that will put you in a position of control when the lights go out.
I personally think that EF EcoFlow Delta Pro is an exceptional battery backup system with advanced features that will make your life easier. To be honest, I don’t know what more they could have done to make a better system. When the power goes out the EcoFlow Delta Pro will get you through the worst of times and yes, it’s not cheap but I do feel it’s worth it because of the uncertainty of the the world we live in.
Six months ago Ecoflow didn’t have any competition. Their technology was superior to all other power station brands. I still believe that to be true, but there have been a couple new releases that can compete with Ecoflow technology. Ecoflow is still winning this race because they’ve developed a complex modular system for battery backup power. Ecoflow has created a practical web of technology that allows homeowners to design their ideal power system. The engineers are steps ahead of most other brands.
Having said that, there are a couple new portable power stations released in 2024 that are direct competition with Ecoflow’s smaller models. The power stations that have impressed me are the Jackery Explorer 1000 and 2000 PRO models and Anker’s 757 Powerhouse. Here’s a quick look at them. Learn more about these and all the latest power stations in our full up-to-date guide.
Best Fast-Charging Power Station: Jackery Explorer 2000 PRO
- Capacity: 2160Wh (43.2V 50Ah)
- Power: 2200W Run / 4400W Start
- Cell Chemistry: Lithium-ion Battery
- Lifecycle: 1000 cycles to 80%+ capacity
- Management System: BMS, Over Voltage Protection, Short Circuit Protection
- AC Adapter: 2 Hours
- 6x SolarSaga 200W Solar Panel: 2.5 Hours
- Weight: 43 lbs (19.5 kg)
- Premium lithium-ion battery houses two chips for dual battery protection and four temperature core detectors. Designed for safety. Built-in levels of protection.
- Pass-through charging. Charge your devices when you’re recharging your Explorer 2000 PRO
- 5-Year Warranty: 3-year warranty on regular purchases, plus an additional 2-year extension when you register it.
Jackery has taken some big steps with their new PRO Explorer models. A couple weeks ago (mid-Sept 2022) they released the Explorer 1000 Pro and a few months ago they came out with their 2000 Explorer Pro. They are slowly updating their most popular power stations, and it’s about time.
Their technology is outdated on their original versions of these models. For example, the original Explorer 1000 took 7 hours to charge using the AC adapter. Wow! That is ridiculous. Imagine taking 7 hours to recharge your power station, especially during an emergency. My goodness! The new Explorer 1000 recharges 100% in 1.8 hours and the the 2000 Explorer Pro takes 2 hours.
In other words, Jackery power stations are on par with Ecoflow. That tells how far ahead ecoflow is compared to the competition. The one thing that still confuses me is why Jackery is sticking with lithium-ion batteries instead of the superior LiFeP04. Jackery says they’ve designed an ultra-safe battery management system but if they changed over to lithium iron phosphate they’d be further ahead, in my opinion.
Either way, the new Jackery PRO models are great options if you’re looking for an alternative.
Best Technology Battery Power Station: Anker 757 Powerhouse
- 6× Longer-Lasting: 3,000 battery cycles with premium LPF (LiFePO4) batteries. You get 6× longer lifespan compared to brands that use standard lithium-iron batteries.
- Battery Capacity : 1229Wh
- Power: 2400W Start / 1500W Run
- Weight: 43.9 lbs
- 10-Year Lifespan: 5-year full device warranty
- Fast Recharge: 1 Hour to 80%, 1.5 Hours to 100% / proprietary industry-leading technology, HyperFlash.
- 13 Ports: 6x AC ports, 4x USB-A ports, 2x USB-C ports, and a car outlet. With a fast-charging 100W USB-C port, get rid of bulky adapters and charge your laptop at fast speeds via a single cable.
The Anker 757 Powerhouse is an impressive portable power station by any standards. The engineers incorporated the best technology and created powerful indoor generator that recharges quickly (1.5 hours to 100%), it’s built with an automotive-grade aluminum frame for extra strength and to absorb vibrations. You get over 3000 life-cycles thanks to the lithium iron phosphate batteries. This model has it all.
Overall, it’s an excellent buy. The only criticism I have about all other power stations compared to Ecoflow is you don’t get the ecosystem you get with Ecoflow. This is important because the Ecoflow system allows you to add more power stations to your power base as you need it. This is true with the Ecoflow Delta Pro and other models. Most brands don’t have this flexibility. As usual, it depends what you plan on using it for. Either way, I love the Anker 757 Powerhouse. It’s a great buy.
Learn more by visiting the EcoFlow site.