The GasAlertMax XT II is an easy-to-use portable gas monitor capable of detecting levels of oxygen, carbon monoxide, hydrogen sulfide and combustible gases. This is engineered for accuracy and reliability, capable of monitoring remotely so you can prevent walking into a hazardous and potentially deadly environment.
This article will cover the GasAlertMax XT II in detail, so to learn about all of the features continue reading.
Life Saver | GasAlertMax XT II
A work environment where high levels of toxic, flammable, or combustible gases are present with a limited amount of oxygen can be very hazardous. This commonly occurs in various industrial environments such as mines or construction settings. A gas detector can detect and monitor the concentration of toxic gas as well as the level of oxygen in the air to keep workers safe. Devices like the GasAlertMax XT II are a must-have on the job for workers that rely on them.
In many industries it is necessary for workers to have a multi-gas detector on hand in order to comply with company safety standards. These handy devices minimize the occasion of serious work-related incidents that can be detrimental to the company, the employee and all those involved. People that benefit from the use of these devices are those who work in hazardous areas such as:
- Military corps
- Oil rig workers
- Sewer technicians
Portable Gas Detectors | GasAlertMax XT II
- Continuous LCD shows gas concentrations in real-time
- Compact and lightweight design makes it comfortable to wear and carry.
- Easy automatic calibration procedure; compatible with BW MicroDock II automatic test and calibration station
- Full function self-test of sensor, battery status, circuit integrity and audible/visual alarms on start up
- Bright wide-angled visual alarm bars
- Built-in concussion-proof boot
- Integrated sampling pump with reliable diaphragm technology
- Best in class block detection with semi-conductor pressure sensor
- Multi-language support in English, French, German, Spanish and Portuguese
- Conveniently manage your detector with Fleet Manager II
- Equipped with standard data-logging and event logging
- Size : 5.1 x 2.8 x 2.0 inches / 13.1 x 7.0 x 5.2 cm
- Weight : 11.1 oz. / 316 g
- Temperature : -4 to 122ºF / -20 to 50ºC
- Humidity : 10 – 100% RH (non-condensing)
- Visual, vibrating, audible (95dB)
- Low, High, STEL, TWA, OL (over limit), Low Battery, Pump
- Tests : Audible/visual alarms on activation, sensors, battery, pump and circuitry (continuous)
Typical battery life :
- 13 hours @ 32ºF / 0ºC
- 10 hours @ -4ºF / -20ºC
- Recharges in 6 hours
- Pump draw : Sample from up to 66 ft. / 20 m
- User options : Confidence beep Force calibration when, Safety (sensor) lock overdue, Latching alarms Sensor configuration, Safe display mode Detector identification, Calibration IR lock Low alarm acknowledge, Location selection Language choices (5), Force block test Set custom start-up message, Force bump test when Confidence interval, overdue Data log interval
- Warranty : Full 2-year warranty including all sensors
Documents for the GasAlertMax XT II portable gas monitor.
- View or download the MANUAL.
- View or download the TECHNICAL REFERENCE GUIDE.
- View or download the DATA SHEET.
Overview | GasAlertMax XT II
The GasAlertMax XT II is the multi-gas monitor you want to have on hand. It detects and monitors the level of toxic gases in the air and also features an internal pump to factor remote sampling before you enter an area to ensure safer working conditions. It features four different gas sensors to detect carbon monoxide, hydrogen sulfide, oxygen, and the LEL (lower explosive limit) of flammable or combustible gas all at once.
What Makes the GasAlertMax XT II the Ideal Gas Monitor?
There are many desirable qualities and features offered in this particular gas monitor that make it a clear and economical choice for workers in various industries. When you receive the GasAlertMax XT II, it is already calibrated and ready to go. It’s very easy to use with a one-button operation so you have less incidents of being tampered with by other workers.
The handheld monitor comes fully charged with a rechargeable battery so you can start using right out of the box and lasts for up to 13 hours depending on usage. An auto-shut off feature will preserve the battery during periods of inactivity. The conveniently sized device makes it easy to carry around on job sites.
How Gas Levels are Monitored
The major function of this device is to detect the common toxic gases found in industrial environments. It also monitors the gas levels and alerts the user as soon as the levels exceed the recommended levels. An alarm will alert the worker instantaneously when high toxic gas levels are detected. You can choose either to have bright alarm LED lights, an audio alarm, or a vibration option based on your preferences.
You also have the option to activate all three options to work at once when high levels are detected to avoid prolonged exposure to toxic gases. If you work in a particularly noisy environment, this is a useful feature to provide you with assurance. You can adjust the exposure limits according to your preference and specify it for each gas.
Alarm Level Indicators
A low-alarm gas level indicates a moderate danger. A high-alarm gas level denotes a significant danger. A Short-Term Exposure Limit (STEL) is the extreme gas concentration that workers can be exposed to for a short time without causing significant health risks. A Time-Weighted Average limit (TWA) is the maximum average exposure that workers can be involved in a work shift of 8 hours without being at a severe risk.
The GasAlertMax XT II gas detector comes with a bright LCD screen, which displays the levels of each gas that are present in the environment. The backlit LCD screen also displays the pump activity as well as the battery level. The backlit screen also allows you to see the gas levels in darker spaces. This is very beneficial to workers prone to working in enclosed spaces where light is limited such as septic tanks.
Sold Separately | Concussion Proof Rubber Boot | GA-BXT
Another considerable feature the device offers is it can retain data of the recently detected and monitored events. It can log and save data of the ten most recent gas exposure situations. This can then be transmitted through an infrared Datalink USB adapter. So you can save all of the gas records to your computer for further analysis if needed. This is a great option to determine the average gas levels and know when the environment is safer to work in.
A common concern when it comes to working with devices in industrial jobs is durability. The work environment in these particular fields can be rough on gadgets. Unlike other monitors, however, the sampling pump hose connector on the GasAlertMax XT II is built in. This means it’s not susceptible to breaking off and ensures accuracy.
It can be used in severe temperatures from -4 degrees up to 122 degrees Fahrenheit! The waterproof housing of the device is resistant to moisture and also built to absorb and withstand shocks from being dropped or falling, providing added durability. Then there’s also a 2-year warranty on the device.
The GasAlertMax XT II is one of the best gas monitors on the market — designed to be easy for anyone to use and the bright yellow color makes it easy to spot in dirty working conditions. The alarms and levels are very easy to decipher on the screen and the filters are easy to switch out. A little window allows you to see the filter so you can easily tell when it’s time for a replacement.
BW Technologies GasAlertMax XT II — Confined Space Kit
If you’re looking for a complete confined space kit then this is the one for you. It includes the following:
GasAlertMax XT II Confined Space Kit – includes GasAlertMax XT II detector (% LEL, O2, H2S, CO), power adapter, IR connectivity kit, hydrophobic (5) and particulate (5) pump filters, sampling probe, calibration gas (2.5% CH4,18% O2, 25 ppm H2S, 100 ppm CO) and 0.5 LPM regulator
What’s Included with the GasAlertMax XT II?
The package comes with the GasAlert Max XT II monitor, which is pre-calibrated and MicroDock II automated test compatible. It also includes the wall charger to recharge the battery. You can also get the following accessories with the monitor
- Fleet manager software
- A reversible screwdriver
- An IR Connectivity Kit for connecting the device to your PC
- A constant flow regulator
- A sampling probe
- A 3-foot calibration hose
- A 10-foot sampling hose
- Five spare particulate and hydrophobic pump filters.
- Calibration manuals and certificates, including a complete manual on CD and a documented quick start.
All these accessories come in a foam-lined carrying case. It is advised to re-calibrate the device every 6 months, which the device will alert you. Be sure to perform regular bump tests as instructed in the user manual. The manufacturers advise that the button activation is operated while wearing gloves. Always have gloves on your hands when operating the device as a safety precaution.