The GreenWorks 80V Blower has proven itself to be a wise investment with homeowners as it strikes a nice balance between power, price, quality and reliability. This truly is a powerful blower — the equivalent of a 32cc gas leaf blower. For most homeowners, this is more than enough to handle all of your yard cleaning needs without any of the annoyances that come with a gas blower. No fumes. No maintenance. Lightweight and quieter. This is a great buy if you’re looking for a quality leaf blower, but we also compare it to other models so you can decide what’s right for you.
Table of Contents...
- 1 2023 / Exceptional Value : Worx Nitro WG585
- 1.1 What You’ll Be Able To Do With A Leaf Blower
- 1.2 Things you can do with A Leaf Blower
- 1.3 Three Important Things You Shouldn’t Ignore
- 1.4 A Couple Of Questions People Always Ask
- 1.5 A Quick Breakdown Of Air Volume And Air Speed
- 1.6 Why GreenWorks Is Making Waves In The Industry
- 1.7 GreenWorks Pro 80V — Cordless Leaf Blower
- 1.8 Husqvarna 320iB Review
- 1.9 BLACK+DECKER LSW60C
- 1.10 DEWALT DCBL720P1 | 20V Cordless Leaf Blower
- 1.11 DEWALT DCBL770X1 Flexvolt
- 1.12 Leaf Blower Safety Tips
- 1.13 Related posts:
Two 80V GreenWorks Leaf Blowers
You may or may not know, but Greeenworks has two different 80V Leaf Blowers. One is more powerful than the other :
- Greenworks Pro 80V : Axial Jet Leaf Blower (170 MPH / 730 CFM) / 2421302HDVT
- Greenworks Pro 80V (145 MPH / 580 CFM) / BL80L2510
We’ll get to the details shortly, but first let me get through my short introduction.
Convenience of Battery Powered Leaf Blowers
We recognize that everyone has different needs, so it only makes sense to look at other battery-powered leaf blowers to give you range of options to consider. Let’s be honest, it seems like clearing our yards from leaves is never done. It can be somewhat depressing when you look out your window and see your yard covered with leaves. When I was growing up my dad would get me to rake the leaves. Power tools in the eighties were non-existent in my household. Luckily battery technology has come a long way, and nowadays you can buy battery-powered tools as good as a light-duty gas engine model. Unless you’re running a commercial landscaping business a cordless leaf blower is the smart way to go. The GreenWorks 80V leaf blower is designed for people exactly like you.
A power tool like the GreenWorks 80V blower will take care of all your problems, well, at least your leaf problems. Sorry, it won’t do your taxes for you.
2023 / Exceptional Value : Worx Nitro WG585
This NEW cordless leaf blower from WORX is an exceptional value that I wholeheartedly recommend.
This model from WORX is newer than the Greenworks leaf blowers and packs quite a punch even though it’s a 40V model. Don’t be fooled by voltage as that’s quite misleading. All you have to do is compare the power output, and this WORX blower has great stats : 620 CFM / 125 MPH. That should be enough for the average homeowner. Either way, the choice is yours, but I think this is an excellent buy in 2023.
- The Power to Outperform—Worx NITRO tools are engineered to provide greater power, performance, and run time.
- High-performance battery-powered leaf blower in a compact, efficient configuration with high-speed in-line motor.
- Brushless motors are more efficient, run 50% longer, are 25% more powerful, and have a 10% longer life.
- Ultra-lightweight 40V leaf blower for improved user experience and less fatigue.
- Sonic Turbine Fan Technology: 620 CFM blower delivers forceful, high-capacity air volume of 125 MPH.
- Dual air intakes pull in additional air for greater air volume output.
- Variable Air Control Nozzle allows for choosing high-volume or high-speed air for various applications.
- 2 speeds plus turbo for added control of the 620 CFM blower in tight spaces or large areas. Charge level indicator provides quick reference of remaining runtime.
- Worx Power Share™ PRO intelligent batteries deliver extended run times, plus heat and impact protection. Compatible with all Worx 20V and 40V tools, outdoor power and lifestyle products.
What You’ll Be Able To Do With A Leaf Blower
Ask someone what a leaf blower does and they’ll say it clears leaves from the lawn. It does and it’s quicker than using a rake, but it also lets you clear other areas. Here are the places you’ll be able to go with a tool like the GreenWorks 80V blower:
Clearing Up Leaves From A Wooden Deck – If you drag a rake across wooden decks you’ll get the leaves, but it’s going to leave its mark. You don’t want to end up with scrapes all over your decking because it will lose its appeal.
VIDEO | Overview of the GreenWorks PRO 80V Blower
Working Along The Base Of Your Fence – You can get most of the leaves at the base of a fence, but there are too many gaps to get them all. It’s easy for the leaves to get stuck and only a strong blast of air will be able to get them out.
Nooks And Crannies Outside Your Home – Most people will have lots of nooks and crannies around the exterior of their home. A rake will be too wide to squeeze into them. Leaf blowers will clear these areas and you won’t hurt your back picking them up.
Anywhere There Are Rocks Lying Around – If you have dirt in your garden it will be full of rocks, which you won’t be able to rake around. You’ll end up with the same problem if you have flowers, but it’s worse as your rake might end up ruining them.
Things you can do with A Leaf Blower
— Tasks That Have Nothing To Do With Leaves
You can still use your blower when there are no leaves in sight. There are plenty of other tasks you’ll be able to deal with. We’ll cover a small selection of them to get your creative juices flowing:
Emptying Your Dirty Gutters – When it’s dry everyone should clean their gutters provided it’s safe to do so. You don’t want debris building up in case it stops water from draining away. When it freezes everything could come crashing down costing you lots of money.
Drying Your Car If It’s Wet – The car wash dries your vehicle in the same way a leaf blower does. Drying it is necessary because you don’t want streaks on your windows, plus a wet car will pick up more dirt. If you wash your car in your driveway finish it off with a blower.
GreenWorks 80V Pro Axial Blower — BL80L2510
- Up to 45 minutes of run-time with fully charged 4.0Ah battery (on low speed)
- Designed for power and performance, with a blowing force of 170 MPH maximum air speed and 730 CFM maximum air volume
- 25% more air volume and 20% more air speed versus previous model. Ideal for yards up to 1-acre.
- High quality comfort grip provides superior control and reduced fatigue
- Trigger-activated variable speed control with cruise control provides controlled airflow when it’s needed most. Equipped with a turbo button for maximum power
Cleaning Other Power Tools – Once you’ve finished cutting your grass the lawn mower will be a mess. You’ll need to give it a good clean if you want to look after it properly. Blast it with your blower to get rid of any grass and it will be spotless in a few seconds.
Keeping The Dryer Vent Clean – If your dryer vent is covered in lint it’s very dangerous. There is a chance it will catch fire, so you have to keep it clean at all times. It’s quick and easy to remove any unwanted lint and other debris with a leaf blower.
Getting Rid Of Light Snow – Hopefully you have a heavy-duty snow blower in your garage, but it’s sometimes a waste of time bringing it out. When the snow is pretty light a leaf blower will be able to handle things before it turns into ice.
Three Important Things You Shouldn’t Ignore
After a few attempts you’ll learn how to clear up leaves easily, but it’s tougher than you think. This is especially true if you make life difficult for yourself, so we’re going to discuss three important things that will prevent it from happening:
You Need To Lay A Tarp On The Ground – Before you even think about switching your leaf blower on you’ll need to lay a tarp on the ground. It’s pointless blowing leaves into a pile without one.
If there is no tarp you’ll be forced to bag your leaves by hand. Instead, it’s much easier to drag a tarp to your mulch bin and dump them in. Make sure the pile isn’t too big if the leaves are wet.
Moving Around In The Right Direction – You have to come up with a plan of attack, which you’ll only need to do once. It’s good if you start in one corner of your garden and keep moving around until you end up in the middle.
If you don’t follow this approach you could give yourself more work to do by blowing leaves where you’ve already cleaned up. Use the same route every time you go outside and you’ll keep getting quicker.
Always Focus On The Bigger Picture – We’ve just talked about finishing quicker every time you go outside, which isn’t going to happen if you’re a perfectionist. Don’t attempt to collect every single leaf.
If you get the majority of them you’ll be doing fine. Anything more and it will obviously slow you down. Once you’re finished in the middle of the garden grab any leftovers with a rake.
Commercial Grade Leaf Blower & Vacuum : Makita XBU04PTV
- 3-tools-in-1: vacuum, mulcher and blower for convenient clean-up
- Easily converts from blower to vacuum / mulcher with Vacuum Attachment Kit
- Makita-built Brushless Motor delivers up to 473 CFM and 120 MPH
- 10:1 mulch ratio reduces up to 10 bags of leaves down to 1 bag with shredding blade
- Precision suction power designed for fallen leaf cleanup without altering stone and rock settings in plant beds
- Collection bag holds up to 1.4 bushels of leaves
- Cruise control lever with variable speed trigger for power and run time management
- Speed lock for convenient continuous operation
- Commercial design for heavy duty applications
- 3-stage telescoping blower nozzle features an adjustment range of 5″ extending pipe closer to ground for user convenience
- Lightweight and ergonomic design for operator comfort and control
- Sound pressure rating of 61 dB(A); measured per ANSI B 175.2 standard
- Rubberized soft grip provides increased comfort on the job
- Features Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) engineered to provide increased dust and water resistance in harsh job site conditions
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- 3-year limited warranty on tool, battery and charger
A Couple Of Questions People Always Ask
When someone decides they want to buy a leaf blower a couple of questions usually pop into their mind. We’ll look at them now in case you’re wondering about them too:
Should I Set Up A Mulch Bin Or Compost Bin?
Gardeners will already know how to make compost, so if you don’t have a clue it’s easier setting up a mulch bin. This is because it’s extremely simple and your garden will still benefit from it. Compost takes up time long after you’ve cleared all the leaves.
All you have to do to create mulch is dump leaves inside a bin and you’re done. You won’t even have to wait too long to use it. You’ll be able to stop weeds from growing in your garden, plus it will help your soil retain water to feed your plants.
Algreen Products Soil Saver Classic Compost bin
How Many Days Can I Wait Before Clearing Up?
Lots of people wonder how long they can wait until they begin tackling the leaves. This depends a lot on how many trees are in your garden, but on average it’s usually a good idea to wait no longer than 3-4 days at the most once your lawn is covered.
If you wait any longer it’s going to smother your grass, which will cause you problems once the leaves and snow finally disappear. Under no circumstances can you wait until all the leaves have fallen off the trees. You’ll have to go out with your leaf blower more than once.
A Quick Breakdown Of Air Volume And Air Speed
In a while we’re going to look at a few models like the GreenWorks 80V blower, so you will see CFM and MPH pop up. They’re a pretty big deal and you’ll need to know what they actually mean in regards to leaf blowers before we move on:
CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute) – Let’s assume you buy a leaf blower and it has a rating of 400 CFM. It means for every minute the tool is switched on 400 cubic feet of air volume is exiting the nozzle. You’ll have a good idea how many leaves you’ll be able to handle.
MPH (Miles Per Hour) – You’ll already know miles per hour is related to air speed. A rating of 150 MPH means air will leave the nozzle at 150 miles per hour. If the number is higher you’ll be able to take care of more stubborn leaves.
Why GreenWorks Is Making Waves In The Industry
If you look at some companies in the power tool industry you’ll notice they’ve been around for over a hundred years. Unfortunately, there has always been something missing until now. None of them focused their efforts purely on renewable energy.
GreenWorks dedicated themselves to the eco-friendly movement, and they’ve seen a sharp rise in fame over the last few years all around the world. They have facilities scattered across the globe offering customers smarter, greener, and cleaner solutions.
Thanks to their focus on green power tools they’ve been able to catch up with massive companies in less than a decade. By 2020 they want to be one of the leaders in the industry, which seems reasonable once you’ve used any of their amazing products.
GreenWorks Pro 80V — Cordless Leaf Blower
Model : GBL80300 — 125MPH / 500CFM : 2Ah Battery and Charger Included
- 80V Li-Ion System takes the lead in highest and most powerful gas-free cordless system
- 70 minutes of run time on low speed
- DigiPro digital controlled brushless motor for more torque, quiet operation and longer life
- Equivalent to 32cc gas engine
- Quiet Operation at only 60 decibel and instant push button start
- Up to 500 CFM and 125 MPH to blow through dry/wet leaves and debris
- 3-speed selection with a variable speed trigger delivers on-demand power
- Well balanced, ergonomic design for ease of use and user comfort
- Zero maintenance, no winterization or gas and oil mixing
- Compatible 80V Battery : Model # GBA80200 (2.0 Ah) / GBA80400 (4.0 Ah)
- Compatible 80V Charger : Model # GCH8040
- Light weight design at only 8.2 lbs. with 2AH battery
✓ View or download the MANUAL for the GreenWorks Pro 80V Blower.
Overview | GreenWorks Pro GBL80300 Leaf Blower
One of the best products available is the GreenWorks 80V blower. It stands up to any other leaf blowers around the same price point. We’re going to focus on a few GBL80300 features you’ll get to enjoy once it’s in your possession:
You’ll Get Up To 70 Minutes Of Runtime
It seems weird relying on a battery to power tools, so you’ll obviously be wondering how long it will last. Even if you hold the trigger non-stop it’s going to give you around 70 minutes of runtime per charge.
This will be long enough for most people, but what if it’s not? When you charge the GreenWorks Pro GBL80300 it will only take 30 minutes until it’s full. Buy a spare battery and you’ll never have to wait again.
Equivalent Performance To A 32cc Engine
The GreenWorks 80V blower is meant to be the equivalent of gas models with a 32cc engine, which makes sense when you see the stats. DigiPro brushless motors definitely offer a powerful performance.
An air speed of 125 MPH is the same as an F2 category tornado. The rating of 500 CFM is equally impressive. It will be strong enough to clean up wet leaves and debris, so you won’t need to wait until everything is dry.
A 60 Decibel Noise Level Is Very Quiet
If you live in a regular home you’ll have neighbors, which means a quiet leaf blower is always recommended. The GreenWorks Pro 80V GBL80300 measures in at only 60 decibels when at full speed.
The decibel level won’t mean anything to you on its own, so we’ll have to compare it to something else. It’s about the same as listening to a conversation. This won’t be loud enough to damage your hearing.
VIDEO | First-person view of the GreenWorks PRO Cordless Blower
Start It Instantly By Pressing A Button
Anyone who owns gas power tools will know how awkward it is trying to pull a cord. Thankfully, you’ll be able to start the GreenWorks 80V blower by pressing a button once you’re in the garden.
The motor will take a while getting up to speed, but this will only be a couple of seconds. If you’re not trying to reach full speed it will be even quicker. Once you release the trigger it will stop automatically.
It Only Weighs A Little Under 9 Pounds
The last thing you need when you’re clearing leaves is a heavy blower. It would be a huge challenge to hold it for 70 minutes without taking breaks. You’ll hardly notice you’re holding the GreenWorks 80V blower.
It only weighs 8.2 pounds, which is almost nothing. It’s the same weight as a gallon of milk. If that’s still a challenge for anyone they’ll be able to swap hands until all the leaves are gone.
Minimal Vibrations Prevent Tired Arms
It’s not just the weight you need to be concerned about. Any power tool blasting air out at 125 miles per hour is going to vibrate. The only question you need to ask is how much it will affect you.
All battery-powered leaf blowers are designed to vibrate as little as possible and the GBL80300 is no different. Your arms will never feel exhausted due to vibrations no matter how long you hold it for.
It Won’t Require Any Maintenance Work
The DigiPro digitally controlled brushless motor won’t just offer you power. It’s very reliable and won’t break down. The 80V lithium-ion battery uses the highest quality Panasonic cells so it lasts a long time too.
In other words, it’s been engineered to last the distance without breaking down. This means you won’t have to perform any maintenance work on it. When you need to clear up leaves it will be ready to go.
VIDEO : Compare the GreenWorks 80V vs 40V Battery. Which one?
Battery Can Be Used In Multiple Tools
If you’re buying a leaf blower it’s likely you’ll be looking for other power tools too. Stick with GreenWorks Pro 80V tools and you’ll save lots of money. You won’t need to buy any extra batteries in the future.
The one inside your GreenWorks 80V blower will work in them all. You’ll have access to a hedge trimmer, 18 inch chainsaw, lawn mower, and string trimmer. They’re all as good as the GBL80300 leaf blower.
It’s An Aesthetically Pleasing Blower
Most of the power tools in your garage won’t be aesthetically pleasing, but we all know looks still matter. It’s one of the main reasons why Apple will continue to keep growing year after year.
The GreenWorks Pro blower looks absolutely magnificent and very modern. It’s a sleek black color with a hint of luminous green. The simplistic design goes well with the colors.
A 4-Year Warranty Gives You Protection
The GreenWorks Pro 80V blower (GBL80300) doesn’t cost a lot of money, but a few people might feel uneasy buying one. After all, even though the company is popular it’s not been around for as long as some competitors.
GreenWorks want to put your mind at ease, so they’ll give you a long 4-year warranty on the tool itself. The battery only comes with a 1-year warranty, but if you have extra tools you’ll use it more often.
Learn more by visiting the GreenWorks site. They offer a lot of value and quality with all of their products, which makes it easy to recommend to our readers.
Husqvarna 320iB Review
40V Battery-Powered Leaf Blower. A fantastic portable blower that you’ll instantly fall in love with once you get it in your hands.
- Efficient brushless motor uses an innovative axial fan design that maximizes on air output and run time
- Up to 412 CFM of air volume at 103 MPH to clear heavy debris
- Slim design, low weight and ergonomic design gives a comfortable work experience
- Cruise control allows user to easily set the blower at the optimum RPM for each specific task
- Low noise levels enable longer working hours and the possibility to work in noise sensitive and restricted areas
- Battery fits all Husqvarna 40V handheld machines, which allows you to quickly switch the same battery between a trimmer, blower, chainsaw and hedge trimmer so you can keep working and is designed for demanding, long lasting use
- Ideal for confined spaces or noise restricted areas
- Air Speed : 120 mph
- Volume of Air Moved : 410 CFM
- Weight (lbs.) : 5.7
- 2-Year Warranty
✓ To learn more about this 40V Husqvarna leaf blower read our indepth review which will fill you in on all of the details.
More Qualit Cordless Leaf Blowers
The GreenWorks 80V blower isn’t the only one you should be paying attention to. Other brands have quality leaf blowers you might prefer. The only way to know for sure is by looking at them, so let’s discuss the main features of a few other models:
- BLACK+DECKER LSW60C — 60V Cordless Leaf Blower
- EGO Power+ LB4800 — 56V Cordless Leaf Blower
- DEWALT DCBL720P1 — 20V Cordless Leaf Blower
- DEWALT DCBL770X1 — 60V Cordless Leaf Blower
Ultimately, budget has a lot to do with the blower that’s right for you. We don’t all need the best and most expensive model, which is why we feel it’s important to consider other models.
Excellent 60V Cordless Leaf Blower
- Clear heavy debris with POWERBOOST – More Power with Push of a Button™
- Powerful performance with an axial fan design delivers up to 400CFM
- Ergonomic handle design keeps you comfortable while you work
- Use the metal scraper to loosen stubborn debris, so nothing gets left behind
- Built-in state of charge indicator shows you how much battery power you have left at all times
- *Maximum initial battery voltage (measured without a workload) is 60V. Nominal voltage is 54V.
Overview | BLACK+DECKER LSW60C
Axial Fan Design Delivers Up To 400 CFM
When you need to clear lots of leaves in a short amount of time a high CFM rating is crucial. BLACK+DECKER designed an axial fan capable of giving you 400 CFM, which is powerful enough for any garden.
An air speed of around 100 MPH is great too, so it doesn’t need to be dry when you decide to clean up leaves. If we compare it to tornados again it would still be fast enough to reach F1 status.
VIDEO | See what the BLACK+DECKER LSW60C can do
The 60V Battery Lasts Around 30 Minutes
Obviously the GreenWorks 80V blower battery is a lot better, but one inside the BLACK+DECKER LSW60C is perfectly acceptable. If you’re working at full speed it’s going to last around 10 minutes before it runs out.
When used at a regular speed on dry leaves it will last for around 30 minutes. I don’t know how many leaves fall from your trees, but if you need to stay outside any longer you must live near a forest.
Ergonomic Handle Is Comfortable To Hold
The BLACK+DECKER 60V blower only weighs 9.7 pounds, which would still be considered lightweight. It’s spread out to ensure the cordless leaf blower balances nicely when you’re holding it.
Those two factors alone make it comfortable to hold, but the LSW60C takes it up a level. The ergonomic handle is a pleasure to grab and it’s easy to squeeze the trigger while you’re working.
Metal Scrapper Deals With Stubborn Debris
Sometimes leaves won’t want to go anywhere no matter how much air you blast them with. It’s usually because they’re stuck to the ground, so you’ll appreciate the metal scraper on the nozzle.
If anything doesn’t want to move you can scrape it until it’s loose enough to blow away. Lots of people usually attempt this without a metal scrapper and end up damaging the tip of their leaf blower.
Has A Built-In State Of Charge Indicator
There will be times when you’ll start working even if you’ve forgot to charge your battery beforehand. You don’t want your leaf blower to run out after a few minutes because there isn’t enough juice.
That won’t be a problem if you’re using an LSW60C blower. It has a built-in state of charge indicator telling you exactly how much power is left. This feature can motivate you to speed up when you’re working.
It Comes With A Special POWERBOOST Button
We’ve already said the BLACK+DECKER LSW60C won’t last long when it’s running at full speed. It’s because you’ll have access to a lot more power if you come across leaves too stubborn to budge without an extra push.
If you want to take care of them hit the POWERBOOST button sitting on the top of the handle. It’s still worth cleaning more often to prevent a buildup of heavy debris in the first place.
Read our full, dedicated review of the best BLACK+DECKER leaf blowers, or visit the Black + Decker site to learn more about their full range of tools and power equipment.
DEWALT DCBL720P1 | 20V Cordless Leaf Blower
- Up to 400 CFM of air volume at 90 MPH to clear debris
- High-efficiency brushless motor maximizing run time and motor life
- Innovative axial fan design that maximizes on air output and run time
- Lightweight and ergonomic design maximizes control and minimizes stress on your arm
- Low noise during operation – 61 dB(A). Ideal for noise sensitive regions and properties
- Variable trigger and speed lock for full power control
- Part of the 20V MAX* system of tools
Overview | DEWALT DCBL720P1
400 CFM And 90 MPH Maximum Performance
The DEWALT DCBL720P1 might only have a 20V Max lithium-ion battery, but it’s still going to perform well. With a rating of 400 CFM it holds its own against more expensive leaf blowers we’re discussing.
It has a maximum air speed of 90 MPH, which will move heavy debris if you’re close enough to it. The blower will have a long runtime when you’re working at max power because it has a 5Ah battery.
It Has A Variable Trigger + Speed Lock
If you only have a specific number of speeds you don’t have as much freedom. There are times when the lowest setting might be too high. A variable speed trigger will let you choose exactly how much power you need.
After a few minutes you’ll learn to love the speed lock too. Trying to hold a trigger in the same position for a long time is exhausting. Turn the lock on when you’re happy with the power and you can let go.
Start And Stop It By Using The Trigger
Leaf blowers usually look more intimidating than they actually are due to their length. The DCBL720P1 measures in at 15.2 x 7.8 x 23.4 inches. You’ll discover they’re actually very simplistic power tools.
You can switch this one on by pulling the trigger, plus it will stop just as easily when the lock isn’t on. If you do have the lock on it will still only take you a second or two to power down.
It Has An Innovative Axial Fan Design
In their quest to give you unbelievable performance for a cheap price DEWALT came up with an innovative axial fan design. The back of this model looks like something you’d see on a jet engine.
It maximizes the air output giving you higher CFM and MPH ratings than you would expect to see. The axial fan design has an impact on the run-time too, so you’ll be able to work for longer before recharging the battery.
Ergonomic Design Gives You More Control
Pay attention to where they’ve positioned the battery. It sits underneath the trigger to help with balance. This will give you a lot more control when you’re working and the leaves won’t blow everywhere.
It’s also going to minimize stress on your arms to prevent any injuries. You’ll be able to keep working for longer too. Even once you’ve attach the battery it will weigh a total of 9.7 pounds.
Has A Low Noise Rating Of 61 Decibels
Now you know your arms will be protected, but what about your ears? You’ll have nothing to worry about as far as your hearing is concerned, because at maximum power the DCBL720P1 has a low noise rating of 61 decibels.
When your leaf blower is quiet it’s going to help with safety too. You never know when someone is going to walk past you when you’re outside. If you can hear them coming they won’t be blasted with leaves and other debris.
DEWALT DCBL770X1 Flexvolt
60V Cordless Leaf Blower
- Powers through debris at up to 423 CFM of air volume at 129 MPH
- Flat concentrator nozzle increases air speeds to 175 MPH to power through stubborn debris
- High-efficiency brushless motor maximizes run time and motor life
- Variable speed trigger and speed lock for total power control
- Lightweight and ergonomic design maximizes control and minimizes stress on your arm
- Designed to withstand everyday heavy-duty usage
It Has A High Efficiency Brushless Motor
The DEWALT DCBL770X1 has a high efficiency brushless motor tucked inside it, which will last a very long time before running into any difficulties. It has an effect on the maximum runtime too.
When you combine the motor with a 60V Max 3Ah battery it will keep going until you’ve cleared the leaves from your garden. If you need to tackle a bigger area you can keep a spare on the charger.
Flat Concentrator Nozzle Increases Speed
The CFM and MPH ratings on the DEWALT DCBL770X1 60V blower is where it really shines. If you’re using the tool with a round nozzle you’ll end up with an air volume of 423 CFM and air speed of 129 MPH.
The tool comes with a flat concentrator nozzle you can use to switch things up. Once it’s attached you’ll have a maximum air volume of 287 CFM, but the air speed will jump up to 175 miles per hour.
Comes With A Noise Rating Of 67 Decibels
Don’t be scared by the noise rating even though it looks a bit high. It’s still much lower than you’ll find on most other leaf blowers. When you’re running at full speed it will reach up to 67 decibels.
You have to remember the top speed puts it in the same bracket as an F4 category tornado. It might be louder than a conversation, but it’s quieter than an alarm clock. Your hearing will be fine and your neighbors won’t hate you.
VIDEO REVIEW | DEWALT DCBL770X1 Flexvolt
You Can Lay It Down On The Ground Safely
When you walk onto worksites around the country you’ll see DEWALT power tools everywhere. Part of the reason why they’re trusted by professionals is because they are durable. The DCBL770X1 will be able to take a beating.
Just because you’re working at home it doesn’t mean you don’t want a leaf blower designed to withstand heavy-duty usage. It also comes with a nice frame so you can lay it on the ground safely.
It’s Easy To Store The Leaf Blower Away
Leaf blowers are great because you can use them throughout the year for lots of things, but you’ll still need to store them away. It helps when they’re as small as possible like the DEWALT DCBL770X1.
It’s only 10 x 18 x 15 inches in size even though it’s so powerful. The reason it’s shorter than most blowers is because of the unique design. It only weighs 9.8 pounds and is easy to carry around.
Works With All The DEWALT Flexvolt Tools
The DEWALT DCBL770X1 is similar to the GreenWorks 80V blower, because you’ll be able to use the battery in every Flexvolt tool. There is probably one big difference between the two brands.
DEWALT is a much larger company with many more power tools available in their lineup. If you have a couple of 60V batteries you’ll be able to use them in tools so powerful they need 120V to work.
Leaf Blower Safety Tips
Leaf blowers might be safer than other power tools, but things can still go wrong. You should know the basics like switching it off when it’s left unattended. Here are a couple of things you might not have thought about before:
Pay Close Attention To Windows And Doors – Models like the GreenWorks 80V blower are quiet, so you’ll hear people and cars coming towards you. Don’t forget to keep your eyes peeled for open windows and doors, because you could throw lots of debris inside.
Dampen Any Dusty Areas Before You Start – You don’t have to soak the ground thoroughly, but make sure dusty areas aren’t bone dry. If they are when you switch the leaf blower on you’ll end up endangering your health by ingesting lots of dust.
Don’t Use It To Clean Up Things Like Gravel – If you accidentally hit someone with leaves they would be okay, but blasting little stones around everywhere isn’t a good idea. They could also end up chipping your windows and car paint.
Please Note: If you want a full list of safety tips please read the instruction manual once you’ve bought your leaf blower.
GreenWorks 80V Blower Can Handle Your Garden
The GreenWorks 80V blower will definitely be able to take care of all your needs. Clearing the leaves from your garden will never be a problem again. You might be finding it hard to decide which one you want because the other models are amazing too.
You should take a few minutes to read some of the reviews on Amazon. Customers left them to help make your decision a hundred times easier. It shouldn’t take you long to choose your favorite model once you’ve taken the reviews into consideration.