The Hape Master Workbench is a wonderful kids tool bench that will inspire any child to create, build and spark their imagination. I can’t think of a more thoughtful birthday or Christmas gift than the Hape Master Workbench or a similar toddler workbench.
It can be challenging to find meaningful toys for children and I spend a lot of time searching for cool gift ideas for kids. I’m always happy when I stumble across a meaningful toy to share with my readers and this Hape Workbench is a well-made toy designed to occupy the attention of a curious mind.
Hape Master Workbench
I only recently discovered Hape toys but when I did, I immediately fell in love with the design of their toys. The Hape Master Workbench strikes a wonderful balance between functionality and design. You can see for yourself in this image.
Children want to create. It’s simple. As a parent it’s essential to introduce your growing child to toys that will encourage them to learn, create, build and ultimately to grow as human beings. The Hape Master Workbench will not only educate your child but also entertain them and provide them with a quality toy that will bring them joy for many years.
Table of Contents...
- 0.1 Lots of Tools, Bolts & Screws | Hape Master Workbench
- 0.2 Storage Space | Hape Master Workbench
- 0.3 Durable | Hape Master Workbench
- 1 Hape Master Builder Set | 62 Extra Pieces
- 2 Hape Fix-It | Kids Tool Box
- 3 Hape | My Handy Workshop
- 4 Kids Tool Bench | Extra Section
- 5 Step2 Real Projects Workshop | Pretend Play
- 6 Step2 Deluxe Workshop | Pretend Play
- 7 Little Tikes Tough Workshop | Pretend Play
- 8 Black + Decker Junior Power Tool Workshop | Pretend Play
Lots of Tools, Bolts & Screws | Hape Master Workbench
It has an adjustable height so as your child grows this toy workbench will still be relevant and useful. It includes 32 pieces which you can see here:
Luckily Hape also sells a 62 piece kit (Hape Master Builder Set) that expands the possibilities of what your child can build and create (see image further down in this article).
Storage Space | Hape Master Workbench
This toy tool bench is made from wood and it’s extremely stable when assembled so you don’t have to worry about this workbench falling apart. As you know, kids can be brutal on toys. They toss them around, beat them up, pound on them. The Hape Master Workbench will take the punishment. Just make sure they don’t set it on fire.
All of Hape’s toys are meant to stimulate and teach kids through every stage of their development. This Hape Master Workbench will nurture and encourage your child’s innate talents and potential. Hape products sold in North America meet or exceed all safety standards.
- Height-adjustable toy workbench. Grows with your child.
- Includes 32-pieces — hammer, saw, screwdriver, wrench, vice, angle, screws, nuts, bolts, gears, links, and more.
- Built from Baltic Birch plywood and solid Maple.
- Quality working kids tool bench.
- Shelves & Storage to keep your child organized.
- Develops motor skills, hand-eye coordination & creativity.
- Adult assembly required.
- All parts are scaled for easy use by young hands
- Toy finishes are all non-toxic, child safe and of the highest quality
- All Hape products comply with EN71 and ASTM quality standards – wood used comes from FSC managed forests.
- Language skills: Get your child to name each tool and describe what it does.
- Imaginative Play and Creativity: The tools encourage a child to invent and create. It also provides an opportunity to talk with your child about his or her ideas. It encourages pretend play and sparks their imagination. Work side-by-side with your child and forge new memories.
- Fine Motor Skills: Helps your child develop dexterity, & hand/eye coordination.
- Cognitive Skills: Problem solving and planning.
- Product size: L: 21.65″ x W: 11.06″ x H: 31.77″
- Package size: L 15.99″ x W 5.07 x H 26.91″
- Main Materials: Wood, Water based paint, PA, PP, ABS
- Includes 62 pieces: Screws, fasteners, links and extra tools.
- Comes with a building guide to get your child building quickly.
- Hape Toy finishes are all non-toxic, child safe and of the highest quality; Hape constructs their toys using FSC accredited wood products.
Extra pieces allow your child to build much more. It’s a great investment that expands the potential for this toy and ensures that your child won’t grow bored.
Another great thing about this 62 piece building set is that it comes with a guide that shows how to build specific toys. You can work alongside your side and help them when they get stuck. I truly love how Hape has put a lot of thought and care into this product line and how you can expand it to your liking.
This is more than toy, it’s a means for your child to learn and grow while having fun.
Hape Fix-It | Kids Tool Box
Hape has a wide range of toys so if you don’t want to buy a full-sized Hape Master Workbench then you have the option of buying the Hape Fix-It kids tool box as well. This toy is limited in comparison to the full workbench but it still provides a young child the opportunity to build, create and explore.
This toy is a great gift idea for Christmas or a birthday — for boys and girls. Traditionally, building toys have been given to boys but girls love to build and create as much as boys do. So don’t limit your child by following gender stereotypes. I feel that any learning toy is suitable for either gender.
Personally, I feel that whichever product you decide to buy, it’s a good idea to add the Hape Master Builder Set because it expands the possibilities of either toy. Or it can be bought as a stand-alone product.
When I think back to the days when I was a kid I know that I would have loved these Hape toys. As you’re aware, the mind of a child is filled with ideas and possibilities so the more play pieces the better and the more immersed your child will be. Kids love stuff. They love options. They love to be surrounded by inspiring toys that they can interact with.
More Tool Boxes for Kids.
Beauty in Simplicity | Hape Toys
If you haven’t figured it out yet, I love these Hape Toys. As a designer, I’m an advocate for good design. I analyze products from every facet. A toy not only has to function as intended but it has to be attractive and inviting. Kids don’t play with ugly toys. The Hape Master Workbench and all the other toy tools in this article meet my criteria for exceptional toys for kids.
So Hape, if you’re reading this, just know that I love your products and you have fantastic designers. There you go. I said it.
If for some strange reason you’re still uncertain if these are the right products for your child then I have a few suggestions from other companies. I like to give my readers options, so here you go.
Another Great Hape Alternative
- Handy Workshop from Hape features carrying case and tools.
- Watch eyes light up with possibility as kids imagine the possibilities.
- Hape toys are made of quality, safe, and sustainable materials.
Kids Tool Bench | Extra Section
There are other options available for you, which I’ve covered already in a previous article. You can browse more kids toy workbenches here.
Step2 Real Projects Workshop | Pretend Play
The Step2 Real Projects workshop is a stable and extremely durable kids tool bench made with faux wood grain legs. The tool kit has built-in spring-action vise, a pull-out storage bin and top and bottom shelves to encourage your child to keep their play area clean and organized. You’ll probably have to remind your child what the storage spaces are for but they’ll get the hang of it eventually.
- Work surface has holes to accommodate screws, recesses for tool storage and an adjustable angle-finder
- Has a battery-powered drill that makes realistic sounds and has a variety of drill bits.
- Blueprint woodworking plans are integrated into the design of the toy tool bench. They can easily look at the design instructions for a birdhouse, boat, airplane, and tool caddy.
- Attractive realistic-looking “wood” is made from Durafoam pieces are easy to assemble and allow children to build whatever they can imagine.
- 65-piece accessory set.
- Requires two AA batteries (not included)
- Adult assembly required.
Step2 Deluxe Workshop | Pretend Play
- Large work surface includes screw holes, recesses for nut, and screw storage.
- Realistic Durafoam faux wood is simple to handle and assemble in order to create birdhouses and other projects.
- Functional and practical tool chest cabinet for ample storage. Also, sliding drawers and hanging jars where tools and screws can be stored.
- Parts bin is an ideal place to store the “wood” pieces once playtime is over.
- Pretend shop vacuum teaches children the importance of clean-up after creating a project.
- Electronic drill and overhead shop light provide interactive play fun.
- 50-piece accessory set included (includes drill bits, screws, nuts, saw, hammer, vise and much more).
- Requires two AA and three AAA batteries (not included).
- Adult assembly required.
Little Tikes Tough Workshop | Pretend Play
- Hammer and “nails” help a child develop their motor and hand-eye coordination skills.
- Saw actually “cuts” play wood boards. Magnetic system.
- Functioning peg board with hooks to hang your tools.
- Sliding door below provides lots of storage space.
- Accessories include:
1-Two piece magnetic wood board
2-Nails (colors may vary)
2-Screws (colors may vary)
- Adult assembly Required.
Watch this promotional video:
Black + Decker Junior Power Tool Workshop | Pretend Play
Includes: Workbench with Storage Trays, Miter Saw, Phone, Drill Press, Accessory Bin, Vice, Hand Saw, Screw Driver, Hammer, Wrench, 15 Screws, 5 Nails, 22 Nuts, Tool Box, Bonus Flashlight.
- Pretend projects feel like the real thing. Authentic pretend play.
- Realistic electronic sounds and tool behavior.
- Realistic action, lights and sounds.
- Black and Decker Junior pretend tools look just like the tools Dad uses.
- Dimensions: 20.75 ” H x 5.5 ” W x 20.75 ” D
- Suggested Age: 3 Years and Up
- Batteries: required (not included) 6 alkaline