*Discontinued, but I recommend the Husqvarna ST224, which you can learn more about in our in-depth review or learn more on Amazon. Or consider the Husqvarna ST330T which also has tracks if you really need them.
But, if you want learn about the 1827EXLT, keep reading. Maybe you found a used model online. You can still purchase them at the time of this writing but they are from unsold stock sitting in warehouses.
The Husqvarna 1827EXLT is a beast when it comes to snow blowing. An incredibly efficient, powerful and effective machine that can handle even the most brutal snowstorms.
If you’re reading this article you’ve probably already done the research on single stage snow blowers and you’ve come to the realization that you need more power and maneuverability to clear heavy snow on a regular basis. If you want raw power, easy mobility and the capacity to clear large amounts of snow then you’ll love this particular snow blower.
New Model | Husqvarna ST330T
Sadly, the 1827EXLT model has been discontinued but Husqvarna has replaced it with a new and improved model: Husqvarna ST330T.
The Husqvarna ST 330T has been developed for landowners who need a high-capacity, robust and durable snow thrower with superior traction that comfortably clears large areas. It has been designed for frequent use in all snow conditions, 15-60 cm (6 to 23.5 inches).
It has an effective track drive system that will ensure you go wherever you need to go under harsh conditions, including hard packed snow as well as on slopes. It has a hydrostatic transmission and power steering making it easy to maneuver through snow.
Made with heavy-duty components for maximum durability in all conditions, such as its tough auger housing, cast iron auger gear box and cast iron impeller.
Never freeze your hands again with its heated handle grips, LED headlight and electric starter for work in all weather conditions.
- 414cc Husqvarna Branded LCT 4-Cycle Engine
- Electric start – easy starting in all weather conditions
- Quiet muffler for user comfort
- Superior traction control especially when climbing uphill
- Ideal for gravel drives and for steep hills and inclines
- Hydrostatic Drive Transmission
- Lever operated-infinitely variable forward & reverse drive
- Improves maneuverability and ensures optimum performance
- Trigger Mounted Power Steering
- Easily maneuver in turns with little effort
- Cast Iron Impeller & Gear Box
- 4-blade impeller provides maximum durability
- Gear box provides smooth operation and carries 10-year warranty
- Heavy-Duty Auger & Auger Housing
- Covered ball bearings for smooth running and durability
- Ribbon auger makes snow easier to handle
- Remote Chute & Deflector Control
Read or in-depth article to discover more Two-Stage Snow Blowers.
Table of Contents...
Original review: Husqvarna 1827EXLT Snow Blower
The Husqvarna 1827EXLT is an exceptional two stage snow blower designed for homeowners, landowners or anyone who needs a high-capacity, reliable and durable snow blower. Engineered with excellent traction, capable of clearing very large areas and built for frequent usage in all types of snow conditions — even blizzards. Their design team wasn’t kidding around when it designed the Husqvarna 1827EXLT snow thrower.
Great Engineering | Husqvarna 1827EXLT
Just look at Husqvarna 1827EXLT in the photos and you can’t help but feel a little intimidated. It almost looks like a Transformer. It’s built to cut through snow like a hot knife through butter. Built with high quality components, such as the cast iron auger gear box, which happens to be capable of clearing snow up to 24-inches. Yes, it can clear snow from a brutal Buffalo blizzard all in one go. Let’s see you try that with a single stage snow blower. You can’t!
The unique track drive system will make your life so much easier as it’s been designed to allow you to easily maneuver the Husqvarna 1827EXLT on hard packed snow or on inclines. It features a two-stage snow clearing auger-driven system, with a hydrostatic transmission (hydraulic system) with power steering, making this very easy for you to handle, allowing you to focus on clearing snow. Nobody wants to wrestle with a large 326 lb machine and Husqvarna engineered this snow thrower so you don’t have to. Just turn it on with its electric start and go.
Nobody enjoys working in the cold, well, maybe polar bears, but most humans do not. Luckily the Husqvarna 1827EXLT has heated handle grips to keep your hands warm and make your time outside just a little more comfortable while you’re moving snow. Not only that, but it also comes with a bright LED headlight for those times when you begrudgingly need to clear snow at night. Whatever the weather conditions, this Husqvarna 1827EXLT will be your best friend when you need it most. And it won’t complain when you push it hard.
Watch this video to see the Husqvarna 1827EXLT two stage snow blower in action. It’s rather impressive.
Another great feature is the foot controlled height adjustment system that allows you to set the height of the snow blower according to your needs. The four settings are:
- Normal: Enabling the auger housing to rest flat on the ground.
- Transport: Positions the auger housing 3-inches above the ground.
- Float: Positions the auger housing 1-inch above the ground.
- Packed Snow: Points the auger housing toward the ground.
The Husqvarna 1827EXLT is capable of throwing snow up to 75 feet. That’s a far enough distance to provide you with enough flexibility to place the snow wherever you need to; depending on conditions and circumstances.
I should also note that this is Husqvarna’s most powerful snow blower and it’s rather expensive, but if you truly need a machine that you can depend on to clear heavy snow on a regular basis then this can be classified as the best two stage snow blower that money can buy. Well, at least one of the best two stage snow blowers. I’ve included a few more great snow blowers towards the end of the article so if you’re looking for some options, keep reading. If you just need a capable snow blower to clear your driveway or walkways then I suggest you buy a good single stage snow blower instead.
Again, you have to determine what your needs are and then pick the right tool to get the job done. I can’t stress this enough. There’s no point in spending money on something that won’t satisfy your needs. On the other hand, don’t waste money on buying a two stage snow blower when a single stage snow blower is all you really need. My philosophy is to buy what you need and nothing more. View the manual here for the Husqvarna 1827EXLT.
Features | Husqvarna 1827EXLT
As you probably can imagine, this snow thrower is large and heavy but the wonderful thing about Amazon is that they take care of everything and deliver it to your door. Read more about Amazon oversized shipping policy. Here’s an excerpt from Amazon:
On the day of delivery, the carrier will unload the shipment from the truck and bring it to your door (either the front door of a house, your garage, or the front door of your apartment). You’ll be responsible for any assembly and installation. If your item ships with Enhanced Delivery, a two person carrier team will deliver your item during the delivery window you select to your room of choice, unpack it, inspect the item for damage, and remove all packaging. For more information about Enhanced Delivery, go to About Enhanced Delivery for Large Items.
Features (Husqvarna 1827EXLT):
- Heavy-duty 414cc LCT Snow King 4-Cycle Engine.
- 52 x 27 x 42 inches. 326 pounds
- Electric start. Press the button and start clearing.
- Self-Propelled, Hydrostatic Drive System.
- Variable speed control.
- Track Drive System provides exceptional traction.
- Power Steering: Squeeze the trigger and alter your direction.
- Excellent mobility in the worst conditions.
- Foot Operated 4 Position Auger. Settings for: transport, free float, normal, & heavy packed snow.
- Adjustable 180 degree chute: Control the height of the snow with a lever.
- Heated handle grips for greater comfort in the cold.
Two Stage Snow Blower | More Options
If you’re like me you probably like to do a lot of research on the top choices when spending your money on a product, or perhaps you just buy the first one that meets your needs. Everyone is different when it comes to purchasing a product. I realize that a two stage snow blower is a significant purchase so I felt obliged to give you some more options to choose from.
After finishing this article I decided to add a few other quality snow blowers currently available for clearing snow. So, what are some more best two stage snow blowers on the market today? Consider these for your snow clearing needs. So besides the Husqvarna 1827EXLT, here are my four quick picks for heavy-duty snow throwers.
- 208cc LCT storm force OHV engine.
- 24-Inch clearing width and 21-Inch intake height for high-capacity snow clearing.
- 12-Inch serrated all-steel augers pull snow into the blower unit.
- 4 forward and 2 reverse speeds.
- Non-carb compliant. Not for sale in California.
- Briggs and Stratton 800 snow series engine.
- Powerful 205cc motor. 24-inch wide clearing.
- Self propelled multi-speed drive system: 3 forward and 2 reverse.
- Chute mounted handle enables you to make quick direction adjustments.
- 10″ tires provide excellent traction in all types of snow conditions.
Husqvarna ST 227P has been developed for homeowners who need a high-performing snow thrower to clear snow from large garage driveways and paths. It works regardless of surface type thanks to the adjustable skid shoes. Designed for occasional use in all snow conditions, 10-30 cm. It has an efficient two-stage system with high throwing capacity. The handle has adjustable height for comfortable use. Friction-disc transmission and steering assist ensure extra smooth operation. Features heated handle grips, LED headlights and electric starter for work in all weather conditions.
Learn more at Amazon: Husqvarna ST 227P (961930097)
- 254cc Husqvarna branded LCT 4-Cycle Engine.
- 27-inch wide clearing area.
- Friction-disc drive transmission.
- 15″ wheels.
- Electric start: Connect to a power outlet and start the engine by pressing a button.
- Heated hand grips provide greater comfort in the cold.
- LED headlights to make snow clearing easy at night.
- X-trac, heavy-tread tires for excellent traction.
- Handle height adjustment.
- Remote chute & deflector control to quickly change the direction of the snow.
- Reversible poly skid shoes.
- Ribbon auger: mixes air into the snow, making the snow easy to handle.
- 4-way handle allows you to easily control the direction of the chute.
- Snow tires grip to snow and ice.
- All-steel construction for long-term durability.
- Non-carb compliant. Not for sale in California.
- 208 cc LCT Storm Force OHV engine.
- 22-inch wide snow clearing and 16-Inch intake height for moderate to heavy snowfall.
- Compact two-stage design makes it highly mobile.
- Four forward speeds, and two reverse.
So many options, but here’s one more
There’s no question that a two-stage snow thrower is built for heavy duty snow clearing and in this article I’ve presented you with several sold options to consider. But, in the past couple months a new Snapper 922EXD (**discontinued) snow thrower has been released, and it’s very good. It straddles the line — in terms of clearing capacity — between a single-stage snow blower and a two-stage snow blower. It was announced on November 2014 and has only recently been available to consumers.
The technology was created by Briggs & Stratton and the genius lies in the the design of the auger which has serrated edges and 14 unique cutting surfaces making it exceptionally good at clearing snow clean off the pavement. But not just good for regular snow, it’s fantastic for clearing all types of snow, including ice and the thick heavy snow that city snowplows dump at the end of your driveway. It’s engineered to be ultra efficient and easy for anyone to use in challenging conditions.
It really is a unique product that I highly recommend you consider depending on your needs. As I stated earlier, if you truly do need a heavy duty snow blower then stick with one from this article, but if you’re looking for an excellent all-around snow blower that’s both powerful and easy to maneuver then read our in-depth feature on the Snapper 922EXD.
You may be surprised at how versatile this Snapper 922EXD is and how reasonably priced it is – I know snow blowers aren’t cheap but they are very complicated machines. Briggs & Stratton has done an excellent job at creating an affordable solution for homeowners.