How cool is the 24V Peg Perego Polaris Ranger RZR Red? Very cool — and a thoughtful gift idea.
I don’t know what child doesn’t like cruising around in their very own set of wheels. With Christmas time quickly approaching it’s easily one of the hottest items many parents shop for as that special gift for young children.
It’s a wonderful gift that encourages young ones to want to spend time outdoors rather than glued to a TV or video games. If you’re thinking of buying one, then you’ll want to finish reading this review on the Peg Perego Polaris RZR Ranger (24V) . This particular model really stood out for me as a unique vehicle that my kids would love and get a lot of use out of. There are many attributes that set it apart from other models and really give you the most bang for your buck.
Watch this video and see how unique and engaging the Peg Perego Polaris Ranger RZR truly is:
Learn more or buy from Amazon.
- 2-Speeds 3.5 to 7 mph on grass, dirt or hard surfaces (7 mph lockout for beginners).
- Reverse Switches easily to reverse mode, just like the real deal.
- SmartPedal Includes variable speed accelerator and automatic brakes for control and longer riding time (increases riding time by up to 27%).
- Wheels Super traction wheels with Red Line Nitirile traction bands; designed to perform like real ATV tires
- Suspension Rear wheel shock-absorbing suspension
- Radio FM radio with electronic tuning and MP3 input (2 AA batteries required — not included) Add a Friend Side-by-side seats for two passengers and extra leg room for larger children
- The Works Includes off-road windshield, roll-bar, shoulder harness, bucket seats and cup holders
- Power Up 24-volt rechargeable High Output battery and charger included
- Weight Capacity Can hold up to 150 lbs.
- Ages 5 – 10 years.
- Extended Warranty Free 2nd year Warranty extension with consumer participation.
View or download the MANUAL for the Peg Perego Polaris Ranger.
Table of Contents...
Overview | Peg Perego Polaris Ranger RZR Red
This 24-Volt Power vehicle is definitely NOT your typical Power Wheels jeep. It has rugged large tires that are made to take on adventures across different terrains. There are many realistic features that give kids an exciting experience like real side-by-side bucket seats, shoulder straps, cup holders, and a working FM radio, just to name a few. The Polaris Ranger RZR has two speeds – 3 ½ and 7mph and also goes in reverse. It comes with the 24-Volt rechargeable battery and charger.
The Peg Perego Polaris Ranger can accommodate up to 2 children from 5-10 years old (approximately – this may vary depending on the individual child’s height) or a maximum of 150 pounds. What’s really neat about this battery-powered vehicle is the power it has and the Red Line traction band to take off on grass, dirt, and hard surfaces. It is noted that the Polaris Ranger is not well-suited to go through wet terrains, so avoid puddles and possibly wet sand.
Kids will love riding around in this bad boy because it gives them a sense of independence with the feeling of driving around in a real ATV. There’s a SmartPedal feature that has a variable speed accelerator to provide longer riding time. The run-time on the battery will vary depending on several factors, such as the amount of weight in it and how much it is being driven. You could probably expect, at the least, to get up to 30 minutes to an hour with 2 children riding and longer times with just one small child riding.
Specs (Peg Perego Polaris Ranger RZR Red):
- Height : 52.75″
- Width : 27.6″
- Length : 36.6
- Weight : 123 lbs.
My Thoughts | Peg Perego Polaris Ranger RZR
The design of this Peg Perego Polaris Ranger RZR (Red) was very smart to accommodate older children for maximum versatility as opposed to the Power Wheels models that children so quickly outgrow. It has side-by-side bucket seats so they can ride their friends around and offers plenty of leg room to grow with them. In addition to the FM radio, it also features an MP3 input so your kids can ride around in style while listening to their favorite beats. It requires 2 AA batteries for the radio, which are not included.
It’s very clear that great attention to detail went into manufacturing this ride-on. It is loaded with cool features that really give the look and feel of an actual Polaris Ranger ATV. The windshield and roll bar are a nice added touch. It goes much faster than the PowerWheels jeeps and on a full charge, the 24-Volt battery will last a considerable length of time. The knobby tires are especially a great touch to give them optimal traction for smooth riding in thick grass. There’s also rear-wheel shock-absorbing suspension!
The age recommendation for this Peg Perego Polaris Ranger is 5-10 years according to the manufacturer, but this is most likely according to the appropriate age for handling it. I would say it would most likely be suitable for a 4 to 4 ½ year-old of average or above-average height to get longer use out of it. There is a 7mph lockout for kids that are beginners to ride-ons.
Of course, close supervision is recommended if you’re going to let a younger child ride it and may need some time getting used to the driving mechanics of the Ranger. It’s a great ride-on for siblings, though, to drive around their younger siblings until they are old enough to drive it on their own. From personal experience, our younger child learns fast and catches on very quickly from watching his older sister.
There is some assembly required upon receiving the Ranger, as with most toys. It isn’t too complicated to figure out and it comes with clear directions for assembling. When it’s fully assembled, the Ranger is 36.6” in length, 52.75” in height and 27.6” in width, and it weighs about 120 pounds so it can be moved fairly easy.
Peg Perego is a well-known reputable company for making quality products and they stand by that in providing an extended two-year warranty on the Peg Perego Polaris Ranger to consumers for completing their registration on the product once it’s purchased. An additional rechargeable battery can be purchased for the Ranger if you so desire to give your kids even longer riding times without breaks.
Would I recommend this Peg Perego Polaris Ranger RZR?
In my opinion I can’t see what child, boy or girl, that wouldn’t find this battery-powered kids vehicle just absolutely awesome. It looks so much like the real deal and they’ll enjoy the faster speed it can go in comparison to similar models. There’s even enough room in the back for kids to haul things which is perfect for picking up piles of leaves or sticks.
They will have loads of fun taking this thing to the park and on various types of terrain like no other battery-powered vehicle can do. It’s great for young, active imaginations to take on new and exciting adventures in their very own Ranger that can allow them to explore more.
If you or someone you know is seeking advice on a perfect gift, consider the Peg Perego Polaris Ranger for the kiddos. Surprise them with a cool, new ride that they can take on nearly anywhere. It will provide hours of entertainment as they go and explore new feats to be discovered right in your own backyard instead of being plugged into a mobile device all day!
An extended two year warranty is available to consumers who complete the online registration or turn in registration form attached to the product warranty.
Read this instruction manual carefully to learn the use of the vehicle and to teach your child safe and enjoyable driving. Please keep this manual (with your original sales receipt) for use as a reference in the future.
Peg Perego Info/Guidelines
- TOY SAFETY STANDARDS, including F 963, Consumer Toy Safety Specifications as well as C.R.C, c.931, the Canadian Hazardous Products (Toys)Regulations.
- Tools needed for assembly: phillips screwdriver (medium and small), plyers. (not included)
- Your new vehicle is partially pre-assembled. It will require adult assembly. Please set aside at least 60 minutes for assembly.
- Before the vehicle is used for the first time, charge the battery for 18 hours to initiate it. Failure to do this can result in permanent battery damage.
- Use only with the included Peg Perego 24 Volt lead-acid, rechargeable battery and a Peg Perego 24 Volt Charger (both included). •Requires 2 “AA” batteries (not included) for operation of radio/clock.
- Year 5+
- Weight capacity: 150 lbs
- Do not exceed the maximum total weight capacity of 150 lbs (68 Kg). This includes both riders and cargo.
Tips | Peg Perego Polaris Ranger RZR (Red)
- DON’T STOP THE FUN:: Purchase a spare battery to have a freshly charged back-up available.
For your child’s safety: please read and follow all instructions below before operating.
- HIGH SPEED: Initially we suggest using only the LOW speed setting and the reverse gear. Before moving into HIGH speed setting be
sure that the child has become familiar with operating the vehicle.
- LOW SPEED setting (beginner drivers): With both hands on the steering wheel, press down on the accelerator pedal; the vehicle goes forward at 3.5mph.
- HIGH SPEED setting (experienced drivers): With both hands on the steering wheel, press down on the accelerator pedal; the vehicle starts out at 3.5and then goes forward at 7 mph. Let up on the accelerator pedal halfway and the vehicle will “downshift” to 3.5 mph.
- REVERSE: Place the left hand on the steering wheel. With the right hand holding the gearshift in reverse, press down on the accelerator pedal; the vehicle reverses at 3.5mph. (Reverse is spring-loaded for safety).
- BRAKE: The electric braking system stops the vehicle automatically when your child lifts his foot off the pedal.
- Teach your child the proper use of this vehicle for a safe and fun play time.
- Before starting be sure that the way is free from people and objects.
- Drive with both hands on the handlebar and keep your eyes on the road at all times.
- Stop in time to avoid accidents and immediately release pedal when stuck.
- Use the 2nd speed only after your child has the maturity and the reflexes to operate the vehicle safely.