The WORX AIR WG545.1 Blower is a tool that will benefit any homeowner. It’s not a complicated tool. It’s ultra light at only 3.5 lbs so really, anybody can use it. It blows air up to 120 mph, which is more than enough for your home needs and the WORX AIR comes with a nice range of attachments allowing you to adjust to your changing needs.
If you have a yard then you’ll appreciate the versatility and functionality of the WORX AIR. This article has a ton of videos and images because in all honesty the best way to determine if this is the tool for you is to simply watch this first video.
Now, I have to confess, I’m a big fan of WORX and I’ve covered many of their tools here at Chainsaw Journal, but the reality is: WORX tools are extremely popular with consumers and for good reason. WORX creates great tools which are both affordable and innovative — designed with great features and a generous amount of accessories.
At the end of the day the WORX brand offers a lot of value for your money and in a challenging economy I think most people want to stretch their money as far is it can go. Thankfully, if you need a quick and easy way to keep your yard clean then the WORK AIR is exactly what you’re looking for. See for yourself…
WORX AIR Video:
WORX does a great job at producing slick videos and commercials which has made them stand out from the crowd of tool manufacturers. They’ve been giving major brands like Black & Decker a run for their money in recent years.
Ultimately, WORX does an excellent job of communicating the benefit of their tools to consumers in an easy to digest manner, so in truth, although you’ll find a lot of information in this article, all you really need to do is watch the videos on the WORX AIR to determine if it’s the right blower for your needs.
WORX AIR WG545.1 | Leaf Blower & Sweeper
The WORX AIR is a yard blower designed for versatility around the home. It’s a cordless blower that comes with a 20-volt MAX Lithium battery which will last you somewhere between 20 to 30 minutes. Since it’s battery-powered you won’t have to worry about inhaling gas fumes but your battery time is limited so if you intent to use it longer than 30 minutes in one work session then I suggest you get an extra battery — otherwise you’ll be really annoyed when the battery dies.
The WORX Air has more than enough power to keep your outdoor spaces clean and free of dust and debris. There’s a lot of marketing materials online about the WORX Air, and I’ve included some of it here for your reference but the truth is that it’s a simple tool that does one thing really well — blow air quickly (up to 120 mph). And it comes with a nice range of attachments for a variety of spaces.
I just don’t want to over-complicate things here. It’s a blower. It blows air. It’s light, effective and inexpensive. If that’s what you’re looking for then it’s a well-made blower for around the home.
Here’s some of the marketing jargon about all the attachments but whether you’re clearing dust and debris from your patio, sidewalk, tool bench or RV — it’s all same. Dust is dust. Dirt is dirt. Doesn’t matter where it is. Wherever your dirt is the WORX AIR will clear it.
WORX AIR Attachments:
- Long Tube: Clears debris from garage floors, decks, patios, and porches. Concentrated blowing without bending over. Good for reaching under and around objects.
- Dust Brush: What else? Dust and debris in hard-to-reach places. 90 degree wand clears cobwebs in corners of the porch, garage, or workshop. Handy for cleaning sliding door and window frame tracks; dislodging dirt and dust from creases in patio furniture cushions; and cleaning recessed and hard-to-reach areas in RVs, vans, boat hulls and more.
- Stubby air cannon ideal for quick cleanups. Concentrated air blast clears out dust and debris from campers, cabin tents, boat hull compartments, table tops, screened-in porches, patio steps, garage floors and more.
- Extension Hose to attach other nozzles where flexibility is needed in tight or hard-to-reach areas. The extension hose, when attached to the inflator nozzle or deflator cone, makes it easier to maneuver when inflating or deflating mattresses, play toys, and water toys.
- Dust Nozzle: For dust clearing. If you attach it to the flexible extension hose it becomes effective at cleaning workshop drawers, tool benches, and around tight areas in the car, boat, or RV.
- Detail Brush: Useful for driving dust out of computer keyboards, radio controlled items, printer housings, speakers, automobile dashboards, craft projects and other hard-to-reach sensitive areas. It also removes dust from filters in shop vacs and bagless vacuum cleaners.
- Wand or Wide Nozzle: Functions like an air broom to clear dust and debris. It also serves as a handy drying tool to send a curtain of air over windshields, sliding glass doors, windows and other areas.
- Inflator Nozzle: Blow-up your inflatables or remove dust from computer housings or laptop motherboards. Good for: air mattresses, pool floats, water toys and other inflatables around the house, boat, RV, or pool.
- Deflator Cover: Quickly deflates inflatables.
Video of the WORX AIR | Patio & Deck
Includes: Battery pack, Detail brush, Long tube, Dust nozzle, Compact tub, Inflator nozzle, Extension hose, Wide nozzle, Dust brush, Deflator Cover.
WORX AIR Blower | Visual Overview
As you can see, there’s an attachment for everything. WORX also throws in a handy inflation nozzle as wells as a deflation cover for your inflatable toys and equipment. It’s a small thing but very useful if you have inflatables that you use on a regular basis.
WORX 20V Battery | WA3520
The WORX AIR comes with a rechargeable 20-volt MAX lithium battery. It has no discharge or memory effect which was common with older battery types but nowadays this is common for modern day tools.
The average run-time varies depending on the attachments you use. The average battery life is somewhere between 20 to 25 minutes. It’s not that long, but it shouldn’t take long to walk around and clear dust and debris from areas. As I already stated earlier, if you feel that you’ll need to use the WORX Air blower for long periods of time then do yourself a favor and get an extra battery.
The battery charger that comes with the WORX AIR takes about 3 hours to recharge your battery. Luckily, WORX has a Fast Charger that can charge your 20V MAX battery in under one hour. Honestly, I don’t know why they don’t make that the standard charger. Well, I know why — to sell you an additional accessory but it really is useful if you want to minimize your downtime.
WORX WG3847 | Charge in Under 1 Hour
- The WORX WG3847 Quick Charger is compatible with: WG155, WG155.5, WG255, WG545, WG160.
- Will Charge 20-volt MAX battery models: WA3520 and WA3525.
WORX AIR | Details
Documents for the WORX AIR WG545.1:
Features (WORX AIR):
- Includes 8 attachments.
- Lightweight and compact.
- 120 MPH air speed with 80 CFM (cubic feet per minute) air flow.
- Weight: 3.5 lbs.
- 20-volt MAX lithium battery.
- Includes 20V battery and charger.
- Voltage : 20V Max
- Air speed : 120 mph
- Air flow : 80 cfm
- Charging time : 3 hr approx.
- Machine weight : 3.5 lbs
- Warranty : 3 years.
The WORX LeafPro WA4054.1 is another ingenious yard tool that can make your leaf collection a much easier task. Here’s a brief overview of how it works:
Basically, the LeafPro allows you to quickly use any leaf blower/vac to quickly move your leaves into a waste container. Designed to fit all major brands of leaf blower/vacs – gas or electric. It comes with a wide range of universal connectors that you can use depending on your brand of leaf blower/vac.
It comes with a flexible 8 to 16 foot hose with drawstring mesh hood that will fit over 32 to 96 gallon waste containers and leaf bins. Basically, it’s an automated way to collect your leaves in any form.
Works on brands including: Black and Decker, Ryobi, Toro, Husqvarna, Murray, Poulan Pro, Craftsman, and Worx.
Includes | Attachments for any Blower / Vacuum
Overall, the WORX LeafPro WA4054.1 is a great time saver and saves you from the tedious chore of raking, blowing or vacuuming leaves into bags. If you like to automate your yard work then this is an excellent tool that will save you lots of time, and it’s inexpensive.
The LeafPro is perfect for use with the WORX TriVac Blower/Mulcher, which you can read more about near the end of this article.
Comfortable Grip makes it easy to maneuver when you’re working.
View or download the MANUAL for the WORX WA4054.1.
- Universal System: fits all major blower/vacuum brands. Gas and electric.
- High-flow, ventilated mesh hood adjusts to fit 32-55 gallon round trash cans.
- Flexible, industrial strength 8-foot hose with up to 16-feet of surrounding reach.
- Includes 4 factory fit tubes, 1 universal fit tube, flexible hose, and hood.
- *Waste can not included.
- Hose Length: 8-Feet
- Hose Reach: 16-Feet
- Fits (size of container): 32-96 Gallon
- Universal Adapter: Yes
- Factory Fit Adapters: 4
- Limited Warranty: 3 Years
The WORX WA4092 connects directly to your WORX AIR to clean your gutter from the ground. This is another simple but innovative tool that will save you the hassle of having to climb up on your roof to clean the gutter. It’s a much smarter way to keep your gutters clean — and it’s also safer, which is the most important thing.
It has a reach of up to 11-feet. It essentially allows you to work comfortably on solid ground while blasting 120 mph hour straight up to your gutter. Be careful if the leaves and debris are wet because you might get dirty, so dress appropriately or wait until the debris dries before cleaning.
Watch how the WORX Air Gutter Cleaner works:
Download or view the MANUAL for the WORX WA4092 Gutter Cleaning Kit.
- Attaches directly to your WORX AIR for an 11-foot reach
- Delivers 120 mph of powerful airflow for a quick clean
- Safely clean gutter debris while standing on the ground
- Adjustable nozzle to allow for the most effective positioning
- Easily assembled and designed to provide premium airflow
- Fits Models: WG545, WG545.1, WG565, WG575, WG575.1
- Reach: 11 ft.
- Air Speed: 120 mph
- Weight: 2.6 lbs
- Warranty: 3 Years
The WORX WG924.1 is essentially a great combo that includes the WORX AIR and the WORX GT2 (WG160). The advantage of buying this particular combo is to save you money if you were also looking to buy a weed eater. If you don’t need a weed eater then you have no reason to buy this combo.
Learn everything you need to know by watching these videos of the WORX GT2:
The WORX GT2 is a well-designed hybrid tool that combines the functionality of a grass trimmer/edger which easily transforms to a Mini-mower. You can read our full review of the WORX GT2 to learn more.
- WORX GT2 quickly converts from a trimmer to an edger or mini-mower.
- WORX AIR delivers 120 mph of maximum air speed.
- Powerful 2.0 Amp MaxLithium battery. No self-discharge or memory loss.
- WORX AIR comes with 8 attachments for a wide variety of uses.
The WORX TriVac WG509 is a corded electric 3-in-1 yard tool that combines a mulcher, blower and vacuum. It’s powered by a 12 amp motor so you will have to deal with a cord.
All you have to do is flip a switch to go from mulching to blowing or vice versa. It has a powerful vacuum that gives you 350 cfm of volume of sucking power.
When using the blower, you can adjust the wind speed from 75 to 210 mph so you get full control and can adjust accordingly depending on your needs.
Another slick WORX video to watch:
QVC informercial on the WORX TriVac:
Designed with a metal impeller for increased durability. The WORX TriVac is well-designed tool that carries on the tradition of WORX tools by providing a long list of features in a small package.
Packed with great features:
It can mulch at an 18-to-1 ratio, reducing a lot of bulk into a small amount of space. It comes with a mesh bag that holds up to 1-bushel of mulched leaves.
Everything you need for cleaning your yard is combined in the WORX TriVac — blow your leaves into a pile; vacuum them up, mulch them then dump the bag for compost or collection. Simple!
There are two other TriVac models that you might want to look at if you’re interested in this tool:
View or download the MANUAL for the WORX WG509.
- 3-in-1 System: Blower, Mulcher & Vacuum.
- Two-stage metal impeller + shredder blade provides an 18:1 mulch ratio.
- Electronic variable speed control for corner sweeping and heavy debris.
- Instantly converts from a blower to a vacuum with the flip of a switch.
- Quick tube release for easy cleaning.
- Volts: 120V~60Hz
- Power Input: 12 Amp
- Max Air Speed: 210 mph
- Max Air Volume: 350 cfm
- Collection Bag Capacity: 1 Bushel
- Mulch Ratio: 18:1
- Machine Weight: 8.6 lbs
- Warranty: 3 years
Readers who liked this also liked these tools: