The Pentair Prowler 830 and 820 robotic pool cleaners are engineered to scrub, vacuum, and filter (including waterline) your inground pool — which includes your steps and pool walls. These are advanced robotic pool cleaners for homeowners who value their time and can afford to invest in technology that makes their lives easier. Yes, pool robots can be expensive but they give you back time to do more meaningful things. That’s the trade-off, which I think is worth it.
The Pentair Prowler 830 and 820 are completely independent pool cleaning machines that DO NOT require an additional booster pump, hoses or installation. You simply plug it in, place it in the pool and let it do the cleaning. when its done it will automatically shut off. It couldn’t be easier. Say goodbye to manual pool cleaning for good. Learn more about these wonderful pool cleaners.
Advantages | Pentair Prowler 830 / 820
We live in a day and age where owning a pool is not a luxury anymore. Almost everyone who affords to move in a new home is willing to invest in his own backyard pool. While having a pool is definitely marvelous, especially during the hot summer months, cleaning your pool can prove to be quite a tiresome task that steals your time, money and energy.
Video | Pentair Prowler 830 & 820 Pool Cleaner
While there are some pool owners who choose to hire a cleaning company once every few months, most people are not willing to spend hundreds of dollars on a yearly basis when they can do it all by themselves. If you are part of the second category of people, you should know that trying to clean your pool without using a robotic pool cleaner is a nightmare.
Why Buy A Robotic Pool Cleaner?
When it comes to pool cleaning, you have plenty of option to choose from. Some of the most common are:
- Manual pool cleaners: swimming pool vacuum, brush and skimmer.
- Automatic pool cleaners: suction-side, pressure-side, in-floor and robotic pool cleaners.
Robotic cleaners stand head and shoulders above any other type of pool cleaning device by offering certain benefits that few homeowners can resist to. Here are some quick reasons on why to go with a robotic pool cleaner than with any other manual or automatic cleaning machine.
- They offer a finer water filtration, down to 2 microns. This helps to reduce the number of chemicals needed to keep your pool clean while keeping your skin healthy.
- Create better water mixing, of up to 85 GMP. This also helps reduce the chemicals needed in your pool.
- Use less energy to function. They usually cost less than 5 cents for one hour of running. In time, this could translate into thousands of dollars of savings.
- Do not require the installation of other parts. Conversely, certain pressure cleaners can’t function properly without an extra booster pump.
- Provide all-around cleaning. Robotic pool cleaners will clean not just the bottom of your pool, but also the side walls and water line. This way, you get to enjoy a pool that is perfectly cleaned.
- Very easy to use: robotic pool cleaners provide the easiest way to keep your pool clean. Just plug the device in the power supply, place it into your pool and press the start button.
- No pool hoses, just a slim cord that does not impede anyone.
- They look amazing and can definitely increase the appeal of your home.
Why Pentair Robotic Pool Cleaners?
To meet and even exceed the growing need for high-quality robotic pool cleaners, the Pentair Company has stepped up on the market, breaking new ground by launching high-end robotic products for a wide range of customers. This company is well famed for the level of innovation and expertise that it brings on the market.
Both Prowler Models Include A Practical Caddy
Their products range from actuators, valves and instrumentation equipment to steam traps, tank protection and of course pool cleaners. The Kreepy Krauly Pentair Prowler 820 and 830 are two of the best robotic pool cleaners available on the market, taking technology and innovation to the next level and easing the pool cleaning work of tens of thousands of customers.
Just to clarify: Kreepy Krauly is the brand. Pentair is the Corporation. The Prowler 830 and Prowler 820 are the models. I know it’s confusing; which is why I felt the need to make the distinction between all of these monikers.
If you want to maximize the benefits of robotic pool cleaners, there is no better alternative than by choosing one of these two devices. However, you need to be aware of the main differences between them in order to make the right choice for your needs.
Read on to discover which of the two Pentair Prowler robotic pool cleaners is perfect for your pool.
The Prowler 820 is an amazing device that literally helps you save hundreds of hours of your precious time when cleaning your pool. Due to its advanced vacuums, design scrubs and filters, this device can clean almost any pool is just three hours.
The Pentair Prowler 820 is as environmentally friendly as it gets. The masterminds behind this innovative robotic pool cleaner have managed to create a device with an exquisite filtration system. This internal system cleans the water and eliminates chemicals as it goes through your pool. The result is an increased water clarity and a reduction of chemicals in the water.
As any other robotic cleaner, the Pentair Prowler 820 requires no installation, hoses or other external parts. Some of the features that make this device stand out on the market include:
- Integrated filters
- Superior design to prevent cable tangling
- Comes with caddy for easy storage and handling
- Very easy to clean and to maintain
- Large inner cartridge that collects debris and dirt
- Auto-reverse feature in order to prevent hang-ups near ladders or steps
- Perfect for a pool of up to 20 x 50 feet
- Cable length: 60 feet
- View or download the MANUAL for the Pentair Prowler 820.
- View or download the BROCHURE for the Pentair Prowler 820.
- Remote control functions allow you to override automatic cleaning modes to perform quick spot clean-ups.
- Built-in weekly timer allows for scheduled cleanings.
- Auto-reverse feature helps prevent hang-ups in corners and near steps for uninterrupted performance.
- Costs less than 20 cents per day to operate.
- Includes convenient caddy for easy handling and storage.
- Vacuums all types of debris and helps remove algae.
- Plug-in convenience requires no installation, booster pump or hoses.
- Full cartridge indicator lets you know when cleaner needs attending.
This advanced version provides the ultimate experience in cleaning your pool. Thanks to its wireless remote control and pre-programmed features, the Prowler 830 lets you choose between the two cleaning options: cleaning just the bottom or both the bottom and the sides of the pool.
You can easily control this device by remote for quick clean-ups on the spot. With a very high rating online and plenty of powerful features, the benefits of Pentair Prowler 830 are impressive. Here is what the 830 model offers compared to its younger brother, Prowler 820:
- Remote functions: you can override the automatic cleaning modes by performing quick clean ups.
- Comes with an innovative built-in weekly timer that lets you schedule your cleanings.
- Can handle any type of debris, from algae to large leaves
- Perfect for both indoor and outdoor pools of up to 20 x 50 feet
- View or download the MANUAL for the Pentair Prowler 830.
- View or download the BROCHURE for the Pentair Prowler 830.
Visit the Pentair site to learn more.
Is the Pentair Prowler 830 or 820 For You?
Both the Pentair Prowler 830 & 820 are made by professionals and are perfect for cleaning your in-ground pool. Even though the 820 model is cheaper than its counterpart, the Prowler 830 is much more advanced pool cleaner, providing you with a few extra conveniences that you’ll surely appreciate — as long as you can afford the additional cost. Regardless of your choice, rest assured that these are fantastic robotic pool cleaners engineered to last you for many years.
Another Robotic Pool Cleaner to Consider…
Read the full article which includes reviews for the 3 models in the series: Polaris 9350, 9450 and the top-of-the-line 9550.
Features (Polaris 9550):
- Motion-Sensing Remote : You’re in control.
- Easy Lift System : One button touch will bring the Polaris 9550 pool cleaner to a desired location, waits for you to grab it, then automatically evacuates water making it easy to remove from your pool.
- Dirty Canister Indicator : Informs you when it’s time to empty the filter canister.
- Vortex Vacuum Technology : 25% more vacuum power and 4x more debris capacity than other cleaners.
- Easy Clean Filter Canister : Shake and spray the 9550 to empty the debris.
- 7-day programmable timer : Customizable cleaning modes. Set once and it will clean indefinitely as scheduled.
- ActivMotion Sensor : Proprietary technology automatically controls robot’s position at all times.
- 4-Wheel Drive Technology : Cleans pool floor, walls, and scrubs tile line with a solid-blade scrubbing brush.
- Waterline Only Cleaning Cycle : Focus on cleaning the tile line only. Save time.
View or download the MANUAL for the Polaris 9550.
Rear water propulsion mechanism enables the 9550 to clean debris under your pool stairs and in tight corners.