The Go Sun Stove is unique solar cooker that gives you the ability to cook your food wherever you go. Whether you’re on a hike, camping, at the beach, boating, fishing, on a road trip or in your backyard, the Go Sun Stove is capable of roasting, frying, steaming, baking or boiling your food with the power of the sun. Actually, it works even when it’s cloudy or overcast — cooking just takes a little longer under those conditions.
Will the GoSun Stove work in winter?
Yes, as long as it’s sunny. The GoSun Stove can even cook in the Arctic if it’s sunny. The sun rays create heat within the GoSun tube. The tube is designed to keep the heat in and the freezing cold out.
The Go Sun Stove is ultra portable and easy to setup and start using.
Go Sun Stove | Solar Cooker
SIZE / CAPACITY: 2ft (0.6 metres) long and 2.25 inches (5.7cm) in diameter. The GoSun Sport Solar Cooker can handle over 3 pounds (1.4kg) of food or fluid enabling it to cook enough food to feed up to four people, according to the inventor and company founder, Patrick Sherwin.
This ingenious stove can cook almost anything, including: Hot dogs, eight egg omelets, brownies, veggies, pasta, frozen foods, fish fillets, muffins, stir-fry and raw meat. And it cook it well. You can actually indulge your inner culinary self with this device.
Features (Go Sun Stove):
- Quick Cooking: Can cook a meal as fast as 20 minutes (temperatures above 550°F/ 290°C).
- Cooks even when cloudy: It doesn’t have to be sunny. The Go Sun Stove works even with clouds.
- Compact & Portable: Unpack in seconds.
- No Fuel, no mess, no flames. Free to operate.
- Cook Properly: Roast, fry, steam, bake, or boil your food.
- 2 Year Warranty on the borosilicate glass tube. If it breaks, it’s covered by the warranty.
- 1 year warranty on the rest of the device.
- 30 day money back guarantee.
Watch the GoSun Sport Stove in this Video:
Compact, Portable and Powered by the Sun
Some people may see the the Go Sun Stove as only for people who spend a lot of time camping or for hard core outdoor lovers but I think the audience for this product is much broader than that. For starters, the GoSun Stove can be used all-year-round, even in winter, so if your power goes out due to a snowstorm or blizzard you can make your neighbors jealous and start cooking in your backyard without power, in the middle of winter. Although, if you’re nice, you’d invite them over to join you.
This is a great product to have in case of an emergency or a natural disaster, but more than that, it’s something you can take with you and have the peace of mind that you can feed yourself indefinitely without having to worry about running out of fuel.
GoSun | The Company
As with many products these days, the Go Sun Stove started on Kickstarter and the company raised over $200, 000 to get this product manufactured and in the hands of the public. Although it’s only been on the market for a relatively short period of time, the Go Sun Stove is gaining ground quickly and has already proven itself to be worth the money.
GoSun is a company divided into two divisions that share the same technology: GoSun Stove and GoSun Global. GoSun Global is a social enterprise that aims to do good in the world by helping third-world countries with their technology. It’s always nice to write about a company making a change in the world and GoSun is clearly doing that.
How it Works | Go Sun Stove
If the conditions are right (sunny day) the Go Sun Stove can cook a meal in 20 minutes. It can reach temperatures over 550°F (290°C), and will even cook your food under cloudy skies. The GoSun Sport truly is an impressive feat of engineering.
Pushing the limits of science, the evacuated glass tube is made from the incredibly durable borosilicate. It’s an almost perfect insulator, preserving and maintaining the majority of heat it takes in. Because of its highly efficient solar gathering system, you can cook in the most extreme conditions.
GoSun Cooking Time | Chart
The Go Sun Stove effectively captures light from a wide range of angles and because of that, it doesn’t require frequent readjustment, like other solar cookers.
Easy to carry and Transport | GoSun Stove
Should you buy the GoSun Stove?
This isn’t like other solar cookers. The Go Sun Stove has an innovative design that completely encloses your food. It’s a clever approach that speeds up the cooking process and improves the quality of food. It’s highly efficient at capturing solar rays.
If you’re someone who loves the outdoors and you’re tired of having to worry about running out of fuel with more traditional cookers then this is a must buy. But beyond the obvious outdoorsy person, I can also recommend this for casual family outings to the beach or the park.
And lastly, this is a very good backup cooking device for emergency situations, like an earthquakes or a power outage in the middle of winter.
It’s an expensive solar cooker but you will get your money’s worth over time and you’ll never spend another dime for fuel costs. If you like to invest in quality products and can afford the cost then I highly recommend the GoSun Stove.
The Choice is yours.
Learn more or buy from Amazon.
Learn more or explore other models on the GoSun website. You can see the full line-up at the end of this article.
- Dry Weight: 7 lbs
- Oven Volume: 53oz (1.6L) liquid or up to 3 lbs (1.4kg) of food
- Oven Dimensions: Outside diameter (2.8”) — Inside diameter (2.3”) — Length (24”)
- Go Sun Stove — Open Size: 24” x 16” x 12” (Length/Height/Width)
- Go Sun Stove — Closed Size: 24” x 8″ x 5″ (Length/Height/Width)
- Estimated Power Output: 230 Watts in full sunlight
- Max Temperature: 700°F (371°C)
- Working Temperature: 200°F (93°C) to 550°F (288°C)
- Cooking Time: As quick as 10 minutes.
Go Sun Stove | Diagram
2 Year Warranty (No Questions Asked) | Go Sun Stove
The GoSun Stove is backed by a generous Two-Year Limited Tube Warranty on the evacuated tube, as well as a One-Year Limited Warranty on the rest of the device.
Also, GoSun offers a 30 Day Money Back Guarantee within the United States. Basically, if you aren’t happy with the Go Sun stove within the first 30 days, you can return it and get your money back.
Other GoSun Stoves Available
Yes, GoSun has a full line-up of solar cookers. There’s a model here for everyone, even a commercial cooker for large-scale demands. It’s an impressive array of products.
GoSun Grill | Solar Cooker
The GoSun Grill is an unbelievable solar cooker. It has a thermal battery which stores energy during the day and allows you to cook even at night. It has a large food tube, allowing it to cook for up to eight people. You can basically do everything with the GoSun Grill.
Read the technical details on how the GoSun thermal battery works.
Learn more or buy this modern solar stove from GoSun.
The GoSun Grill won’t be released until December 2015. Just in time for Christmas, but you can pre-order it, which I recommend you do if you’re interested.
- No Monitoring Needed: No burnt food, just set it and go
- No Carbon Crud: No dirty fuel makes transportation easy and cleanup a breeze
- Delicious + Nutritious: Cooking evenly and retaining your food’s moisture, you will taste the difference
- Goes Everywhere: Deck, boat, park, beach or kitchen, simply fold the reflectors and go
- Cook At Night: Store the heat of the Sun to cook any time with our patent pending phase change Thermal Battery.
GoSun Sport | Pro Pack
Learn more or buy this Sport Pro Pack from GoSun.
- GoSun Sport Solar Cooker: The full base package including, durable cleaning scruby and GoSun Cook-Booklet
- Padded Carrying Case: A perfect companion to the GoSun Sport, this Padded Carrying Case is ruggedly built to take a beating, with the capacity to hold a kitchen on the go. Features include:
- Custom Fit Padded Interior Pocket: Protects the stove from even the worst of impacts
- Easy-Clean Tray Pocket: Keeps any mess at bay
- Ergonomic Shoulder Strap: Easy carry anywhere
- Extra Cooking Tray: Great for serving one dish while cooking another
- FREE Spice Kit: This expertly crafted 5 spice kit is a fitting compliment to any meal. Crafted in collaboration with Cincinnati spice master, Colonel De, these savory, sweet, and exotic flavors are durably packed to go wherever the road or trail takes you.
Learn more or buy this Mini solar stove from the GoSun site.
- Dry Weight: 1.5 lbs (0.7kg)
- Oven Volume: 9.5oz (0.3L) of food
- Oven Dimensions: 1.75”(4.5cm) outside diameter, 1.25”(3.2cm) inside diameter, 11.5” (30cm) length
- Unit Assembled Size: 12.5”(32cm) long x 6”(15cm) tall x 8”(20cm) wide
- Maximum Temperature: 700°F (371°C)
- Working Temperature: 200°F (93°C) – 550°F (288°C)
- Cooking Time: As fast as 10 minutes!
GoSun Station | Commercial Cooker
Learn more about the GoSun Commerical Cooker on the GoSun site.
Watch this video and see the GoSun Station in action.
- Leveling Stand – legs have multiple height positions for uneven terrain
- Rotational Swivel – easily turned from East to West and locked into position
- Tilt-Angle adjustment – ranging from 0°-60° with a simple, swift motion
- Four Touch-Safe evacuated tube cookers (like Pyrex®)
- Four durable Covers to shade and protect tubes when not it use
- Four stainless steel full-length Cooking Trays with seals, insulating lids and handles
- Durable plastic compound parabolic reflectors
- Breaks down to be transported on a single pallet
- Weather-resistant, all-metal, fully-adjustable stand, base and frame
- Cleaning tools and supplies
- User’s Manual and Cook Booklet
- Two-Year No Questions Asked Warranty on Borosilicate (like Pyrex®) tubes
- Three hours of consultative support from GoSun Team to set-up and plan use
- Stainless steel half-length Baking Trays
- Cooking Tray covers for better moisture management
- Drip Trays for elevating meals above liquids
- Recipe Cook Book
- Highly reflective anodized aluminum reflectors
- Available for rental at events – support from GoSun Team is required
- Additional consultative support for unique scenarios
- Height: Max 60” (1.5m), Stand 39” (1m), On Pallet 32” (0.8m)
- Width: Max 32” (0.8m), On Pallet 40” (1m)
- Length: Max 75” (1.9m), Base 60” (1.5m), On Pallet 48” (1.2m)
- Weight: Max Loaded est. 250lb (113kg), Max Dry/Pallet est. 200lb (91kg)
- Total Volume: Max 6 gallon (23 liter), Cooking Trays 4.2 gallon (16 liter)
- Temperature: Max 550°F (288°C)
- Cooking Chambers: 4” inner diameter (10.2cm) x 28” inner length (0.7m)