The Maytronics Dolphin Nautilus (& the Nautilus Plus) is a stunning device that does exactly what it was designed to do — thoroughly clean every inch of your pool. Gone are the days when you have to break your back and spend hours of your time vacuuming and scrubbing your pool. We’re clearly living in the 21st century where most people can afford to purchase a Dolphin Nautilus Robotic Pool Cleaner to do their dirty work.
I think you’ll be happy to know that Maytronics has updated both the Nautilus and the Nautilus Plus model with more sophisticated style and innovative new features.
NOTE : This is an addition to the original article and it’s great news. I want to let you know that the Dolphin Nautilus and Dolphin Nautilus Plus have been updated and improved in 2017 in every way. This is fantastic news because Maytronics made these amazing robot pool cleaners even better.
To learn more about the updated models read : Dolphin Nautilus (& Plus) CleverClean Pool Cleaner Review
Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus : 99996403-PC | w/ CleverClean Technology
New & Improved Models:
- Dolphin Nautilus | Model : 99996113-US
- 1 rotating brush
- Large filter
- 50 foot cable
- Dolphin Nautilus Plus | Model : 99996403-PC
- CleverClean + Pro 3D Sensing Technology
- 2 rotating brushes
- Extra large filter
- 24 month warranty
- 60 foot cable
Features (Dolphin Nautilus):
- Cleans the floor, walls up to the waterline
- CleverClean is one of the latest & most precise navigation system for complete pool coverage
- Wall Climbing and Cleaning Scrubs floor and walls, removes algae and bacteria
- Equipped with active brushes, the brushes spin 2x the speed of the pool cleaner removing stuck-on contaminants from your pool surface.
- New streamlined body style has a hinged top with quick access to the large filter basket making it easy to clean and comfortable to handle.
- New faster water release system that quickly removes excess water when removing the cleaner from the pool.
- Advanced software has built-in anti-tangling algorithms to prevent the cable from tangling when it operates.
- Weekly Timer with ultra energy-efficiency.
- 2 hour cleaning time
- 2 rotating brushes
- Cable length : 50 feet
- Active Brushing – Active Scrubbing Brush Spins at 2X the speed of the robot. Effective scrubbing & cleaning
- Filtration – Large Filter Basket with Easy Clean Bottom Debris Release
- 12 month warranty.
Now, back to the original article on the Dolphin Nautilus
If you value your time and have a strong aversion to manual labor then you’d be silly not to invest your money and purchase the Dolphin Nautilus. I know it’s a little pricey, but more importantly, you get so much value from this device that it’s absolutely worth it. Don’t forget the time you save as well — and it will clean your pool much better than you ever will.
First thing you should know is that Dolphin robotic pool cleaners will clean any type or shape of pool — in-ground or above-ground pools. They will also clean the steps, walls and waterline. Yes, these little robots are much smarter and more efficient than any human pool cleaner — and they don’t need a lunch break.
Dolphin Nautilus | Automatic Pool Cleaner
Watch the video below to see how the Dolphin Nautilus works. This video is showing the Maytronics Dolphin S-Series but the capabilities in action are essentially the same. It’s impressive technology to say the least and an absolute must-have if you own a pool.
Sometimes you buy a product that sounds too good to be true but in the case of the Dolphin Nautilus it really is as easy it sounds. All you do is plug it in, make sure the cleaning filters are locked in, place it in your pool and turn it on. The rest is magic. It truly does navigate your entire pool and cleans thoroughly as it goes along.
The Dolphin Nautilus can run non-stop for 3 hours until it powers down automatically. When the cycle is over you need to remove it from the pool, unplug it, and clean the filters before allowing it to run another cycle.
Cleaning the Dolphin Nautilus filters is simple — just remove them and spray them with a hose until they’re clean. Honestly, it couldn’t be any easier to operate. The Dolphin Nautilus is actually a very good value for an automatic pool cleaner. The thing that I truly want to stress about this robotic pool cleaner is that it really does work as advertised. You can buy cheaper models but they’re not as effective. For example: Aquabot AJET122 Pool Rover.
The only real consistent complaint about the Dolphin Nautilus is that sometimes it gets caught on the stairs of your pool so every once in a while you might have to give it a nudge but to be honest, it’s a minor issue that occurs intermittently.
Dolphin Nautilus Robotic Swimming Pool Cleaner has a 60 foot Swivel Cable, which should be more than enough length for most pools — but if have a Brad Pitt sized pool you may need a robot with a longer cable, like the Water Tech BLDPRO (100 feet).
Cleans: pool floor, cove, and walls. Recommended for in-ground residential pools up to 50 feet in length.
Table of Contents...
- 1 Dolphin Nautilus Plus | Robotic Pool Cleaner | 99996403-PC
- 2 Aquabot Pool Rover S20-40 (AJET121)
- 3 Zodiac Barracuda Pool Cleaner | G3
- 4 Hayward TigerShark QC | RC9990GR
Maytronics, a leader in robotic pool cleaners
Below is the Maytronics Dolphin Triton Plus, which is more advanced robotic pool cleaner that also comes with a caddy and a remote control. Also, it has IntelliScan Technology, which will ensure that your entire pool, floor, walls and up to the waterline are scrubbed clean. Lastly, it has a dual drive motor and split brushes.
Maytronics is a pioneer in the field of automatic pool cleaning. They’ve been in business for over 30 years and have been leading the market with their Dolphin robotic pool cleaners. They continually focus on research and development in order to maintain their fast rate of innovation, as well as placing an emphasis on the overall aesthetic design of their products.
Maytronics robotic pool cleaning systems are extensively tested under real-world conditions and conform to ISO 9001:2008 and CE Directives/UL Standards.
Running your robotic pool cleaner will cost you as little as 5 cents an hour to operate, Dolphin pool cleaners are highly energy efficient and offer an eco-friendly option for automated pool cleaning.
Dolphin Nautilus Set-up
Helpful links for your Dolphin Nautilus:
- Read the proper set-up procedure for your Maytronics Robotic Pool Cleaner.
- How to remove the Dolphin Nautilus from your pool.
- Maintenance for the Dolphin Nautilus.
- Buy Parts for your Maytronics Dolphin Nautilus online.
For off-season storage follow these steps:
- Disconnect the Pool Cleaner from mains.
- Make sure that no water is left in the Pool Cleaner.
- Thoroughly clean the filter bag or cartridges and insert in place.
- Roll up the cable so that it has no kinks.
- Store the Pool Cleaner up side down, in a protected area out of direct sun / rain / frost at a temperature of between 41°-113°F / 5°-45°C
Another video from the manufacturer that will give you a well-rounded overview of the technology and what it’s capable of. I adhere to the belief that a video can express much more than words ever could, especially in cases such as a physical product. I hope you find it useful.
Learn more about the Dolphin Nautilus robotic pool cleaner and/or purchase from Amazon.
- Scrubs, vacuums and filters all pool surfaces in about 3 hours.
- Easy to clean cartridge filter with spring clean up filter included.
- Swivel cable prevents tangling.
- Costs less than 15 cents to clean the pool.
- Fast and easy setup. No pre-installation needed, no connections to pool system.
- Self-programmed and intelligent system for optimal pool scanning.
- 12 month warranty on spare parts and labor.
- Model: 99996323
- One year warranty.
- Cycle time: 3 hours
- Cable length: 60 ft.
- Filter: Fine porosity
- Suction rate: 4,233 gal (USA) per hour
- Unit weight: 18.75 lbs.
The Dolphin Nautilus Plus has all of the features of the regular Nautilus model but with a few minor differences, such as:
- The Nautilus Plus includes an extra-large top access filter, making it easier to access to your filter for cleaning.
- Filters: large & very fine debris.
- Two year warranty (the Dolphin Nautilus only has a one year warranty).
- Compatible with the bag kit.
- 2.5 hour cycle time (Regular Nautilus has a 3 hour cycle time).
- 3-point Turn (Nautilus uses a ‘soft turn’)
View the comparison between the two models on the Maytronics site: Dolphin Nautilus vs Dolphin Nautilus Plus.
Dolphin Nautilus Plus is Well-Engineered
The Dolphin Nautilus Plus comes with two filter cartridges: a pleated polyester fiber set for fine filtration and a mesh screen for coarse filtration. These filters provide you the option to remove large debris from your pool as well as microscopic debris, resulting in a ultra clean water.
Dolphin’s swivel cables eliminate tangled cables. As your Dolphin moves around the pool, its swivel mechanism ensures that the cable remains mobile and loose.
Watch the Dolphin Nautilus Plus in action and see for yourself.
All Dolphin automatic pool cleaners are equipped with software that systematically guides the device to clean your entire pool regardless of shape or surface. It works like the GPS, determining the most efficient route to take. The Nautilus Plus scans your pool and learn its dimensions, shape, and size in order to effectively and efficiently clean your pool. It’s not a perfect technology but it’s almost flawless. I dare you to find a more effective robotic pool cleaner — if you do, contact me.
Recommended for in-ground residential pools up to 50 ft. in length.
View or download the manual for the Dolphin Nautilus Plus.
Learn more about the Dolphin Nautilus Plus robotic pool cleaner and/or purchase from Amazon.
- Scrubs, vacuums and filters all pool surfaces in just 2.5 hours.
- Easy-to-clean cartridge filter with spring clean up filter included!
- Patented swivel cable helps prevent tangling
- Incredibly efficient – costs less than 15 cents to clean the pool.
- Plug-n-play! No pre-installation needed, no connections to pool system.
- Self-programmed for optimal pool scanning.
- Model: 99996403-PC
- Two year warranty.
- Cycle time: 2.5 hours
- Cable length: 60 ft.
- Filter: Fine porosity
- Suction rate: 4,233 gal (USA) per hour
- Unit weight: 18.75 lbs.
Cheaper Alternatives to the Dolphin Pool Cleaners
If you’re on a budget and want to spend as little money as possible but still would like an automatic pool cleaner then I’ve done some research and come up with a few more options that you might be interested in. Hopefully you’ll find something here that will work for you. I understand that everyone has different needs and circumstances to consider and at the end of the day it’s up to you to make the best decision possible.
My job is to provide you with accurate information, allowing you to make a decision that you’ll be satisfied with.
The Aqua Products Aquabot Rover S2-40 is capable of cleaning all pool shapes and surfaces with a maximum length of 40-feet. Works with above-ground and in-ground pools. The Pool Rover S2-40 is designed with a linear jet that cleans by moving backwards and forward. Capable of climbing an incline or wall cove with a minimum radius of 6-inches.
Has an easy to access top filter box top which with an effective nylon mesh filter capable of filtering down to 2 microns. It includes a 40-foot cable and a timer with automatic shut-off. the S2-40 can cover 8000 feet per hour as well as filter 80-85 gallons in the same time span.
This robotic automatic pool cleaner comes with two built-in time programs — the first lasting one hour for a smaller pool and the other lasting two hours for a larger pool. Designed with extreme suction and filtering abilities which makes this a very fast cleaning pool robot. Aqua Products is an American based company.
Aqua Products has also specializes in robotic pool cleaners, and have done so for several decades:
Located in Cedar Grove, New Jersey, Aqua Products is an American born, American based company that revolutionized the U.S. pool cleaning industry by introducing the first robotic pool cleaner in 1982.
Filters: Fine Bag (2 Microns), Extra Bag Included. Top loading filter system.
View or download the Quick Start Manual for the Aquabot Rover S2-40.
- For Above-Ground Pools.
- Shape: Rectangle, Lap, Kidney, L-Shape, Round, Oval.
- Surfaces: Vinyl, Gunite/Concrete, Fiberglass, Tile.
- Pool to Wall Transition: Curved.
- Equipped with Hydro-Robotic Technology.
- 1 year warranty.
- Cable Length: 40′
- Non-Marring Wheels.
- Cleans: Pool Floor, Cove and Partial Wall with Radius (minimum 6″).
- Designed to never get stuck.
The Zodiac Barracuda pool cleaner (G3) is compatible with low speed pumps for maximum efficiency. This automatic pool cleaner is designed for in-ground pools.
The G3 quickly removes small and medium sized debris while effectively cleaning your pool floor, walls and steps. The Barracuda G3 cleaner comes with long life hoses that are both durable and scuff-resistant, suitable for all pool surfaces, along with a FlowKeeper Valve. The self-adjusting flow control valve automatically regulates water flow, ensuring peak performance even with low-speed pumps.
Simple & Effective Automatic Pool Cleaner
The following steps will get your Barracuda pool cleaner ready for action: Attach the disc, wheel deflector, and hose, and connect to the skimmer or dedicated suction line. No tools or special plumbing required.
Here’s a helpful video to show you how to use the Barracuda Pool Cleaner:
Overall, the Barracuda Pool Cleaner is an excellent alternative to a robotic pool cleaner for homeowners who are on a budget or want to save some money. It’s reasonably priced and will do what you want it to do — keep your pool relatively clean. It’s not as elegant or as effective as the Dolphin Nautilus but at a 1/3 of the price it’ll get the job done.
The majority of customers are extremely satisfied with the results of the Barracuda pool cleaner so you can feel confident if you decide to purchase this product.
Zodiac, the maker of this product has been around since 1909. Yes, over 100 years, so they must be doing something right. Learn more about their history of Zodiac at their site.
View or download the Owners Manual for the Barracuda Pool Cleaner.
View or download the Quick Start Guide for the Barracuda Pool Cleaner.
View or download the Wheel Deflector Instructions for the Barracuda Pool Cleaner.
- Long-Life Diaphragm: Only one moving part. Silent. Low-cost maintenance.
- 36-Fin Disc: Maximum adhesion on all pool surfaces. Won’t get stuck on lights, drain covers and fittings.
- Wheel Deflector: Superior agility when navigating tight corners.
- Quick-Release Cassette: Convenient access to the diaphragm for fast maintenance.
- Suction-side cleaner.
- Operates in all in-ground pools.
- Connects directly to skimmer or dedicated 1.5″ vacuum line.
- Includes 39 ft. of feed hose.
Hayward TigerShark QC | RC9990GR
And lastly, if you want a more advance robotic pool cleaner then I recommend the Hayward TigerShark QC (RC9990GR).
- Cleans full floor, walls, coves and waterline.
- Patented Quick Clean technology (TigerShark QC model) provides a fast 90 minute cycle.
- On-board pump for intense vacuum power to suck up dirt and debris.
- Built with an efficient 24-volt motor designed to use less energy and lower cost.
- Unique cartridge filter system
- Makes emptying easy, just open the cleaner, remove the cartridge and rinse with a hose.
- No extra hoses, hookups or pumps required.
- Runs separately from the pool’s filtration system reducing the frequency of filter backwash cycles.
Designed with patented Quick Clean technology that will clean any shape, size or type of pool. Highly efficient and engineered to clean in-ground pools up to 20 x 40 feet. Includes 2 cleaning cycles: a quick 90 minute clean or a thorough 3 hour cleaning that will make your swimming pool spotless.
Requires no hoses or hookups. As simple as it gets. Just plug it in and watch it clean your pool.
Comes with a 3 year limited warranty.
Read our full review of the Hayward TigerShark QC to learn more and see it in action.