On Christmas day, you will know if your child loves their gift by the sheer look on their face. Some toys endure over time and stay on their favorite “play list” because of the irresistible interactivity, engagement and fun they invite, and stir in the mind of a growing child.
We’ve chosen some of the very best science kits for kids, designed to ignite their natural curiosity about the way things work and create an early love of science that will stick with them.
On Christmas day you will know if your child loves their gift by the sheer look on their face. Some toys endure over time and stay on their favorite “play list” because of the irresistible interactivity, engagement and fun they invite, and stir in the mind of a growing child. We’ve chosen some of the very best science kits for kids, designed to ignite their natural curiosity about the way things work and create an early love of science that will stick with them.
Thames & Kosmos : Kids First — Coding & Robotics
Teach them Coding and Robotics — No Software. No Apps.
⭐️ Parents’ Choice : Gold Award Winner
Table of Contents...
- 1 Lego | Boost Creative Toolbox
- 2 Editors’ Picks — Best Science Kits for Kids
- 3 Ages 5 to 7 — Best Science Kit for Kids
- 4 Ages 8 & Up | Best Science Kit for Kids
- 5 4M Crystal Growing Experiment
- 6 Klutz LEGO Chain Reactions Craft Kit
- 7 LEGO | Technic Dozer Compactor
- 8 Related posts:
When it comes to gift giving you can almost never fail with one that provides a fun and engaging activity for young learners. A toy, electronic device or video game may provide amusement temporarily, but an activity with educational value can last a lifetime.
Activities which focus on science principles can have long-lasting positive effects on a child’s growing development.
The world of science offers the ideal opportunity to make learning fun with exciting discoveries. It’s one area of learning that is always advancing and versatile. Ask any parent of a toddler what one of their favorite words is and they’ll most likely tell you ‘why’. Most young kids will ask an infinite amount of questions on a daily basis. It’s because they want to learn. Inquiring minds want to know how things work and why they do the things they do.
There are many various areas that relate to science in some way that can offer learning and education in an appealing manner. Participating in science-related activities is a constructive way to present logical techniques kids will experience in their day-to-day lives. Acquiring strong skills in these areas will prove beneficial to sharpen life-long skills that can help in career advancement, performance, and critical thinking.
STEM Learning : Teach them to Code — Creative and Fun!
Lego | Boost Creative Toolbox
Shopping By Age
Performing science experiments are a fun way for kids to learn and gain educational value and skills in a classroom or at home. The best science kit for kids is one that is suitable for their age. Some kits provide tools for learning through observation or watching chemical reactions. Other kits may be more complex and require some engineering skill or problem solving. A simple science kit designed for kids such as preschoolers may seem unappealing for an older child. Likewise, the tools and chemicals in other kits may not be appropriate for younger kids to handle. A good gauge to go by when shopping for that right kit is to go age.
With science projects there may be some elements that could pose a risk of injury if not handled carefully. Most of these kits designed for kids are generally safe to use within the age recommendations and performed under adult supervision. Even the best kits, however, can carry some potential risks if not done properly. Follow the age recommendations according to the manufacturer and always read over the directions carefully.
The best science kit for kids in this age range rely on imagination and guided play. The kits listed in this section are all rated safe and recommended for children ranging in ages from 3 to 5 years. This is an impressionable age where children can really soak in a great deal of what they learn. With picture-guided instructions the sets listed here are great for young preschoolers to follow along with some help and supervision by an adult.
Editors’ Picks — Best Science Kits for Kids
There’s something here for everyone, Boy or girl. The great thing about science is that it’s universal. All you need is a curious mind.
Kids First Science Laboratory
- Preschoolers / kindergartners : A wonderful gift for kids, focusing on tools that engage using open-ended learning experiences.
- Kids will experiment freely with a variety of safe and engaging tools that stimulate creativity and the spirit of scientific thinking.
- 24 large, plastic scientific tools : Reusable, and easy-to-handle.
- Unique system : 14-piece screw-together system with tubes, funnels, lids, connectors, and perforated disks that can be used in a multitude of ways. Also included are large and small measuring spoons, a test tube rack, a pipette, a hand magnifier, magnetic rings and stand set.
- 10 illustrated experiment cards to visually guide children.
- 16-page, full-color manual explains to parents and adult supervisors how these tools should be presented to their children and gives insight into a child’s developmental stages.
- Lay the groundwork for strong STEM related skills and comprehension.
- Helps develop fine motor skills, science and math skills, problem-solving skills, and reasoning and concept development skills.
This science laboratory kit is a Level 1 kit in the Kids First system. The kits in this level of the Kids First line are designed specifically for children between the ages of 3 and 5. They foster a child’s creative thinking with simple activities to encourage pretend play and answer the questions beginning with, “How” and “Why” on scientific processes.
The science laboratory provides a great introduction for young preschoolers on the use of scientific processes through open-ended play. In this kit are 24 kid-friendly tools and a set of 10 instruction cards. The cards feature fully-illustrated directions on one side which are designed for kids in this age range to easily follow. On the backside of each card is information on the experiment that parents or teachers can read aloud. There is also a detailed instruction booklet included for parents to assist and provides insightful info on how the experiments aid in development.
Another wonderful science kit in the Kids First series…
Thames & Kosmos : Kids First — Microscope & Biology Lab
Features : Kids First Biology Lab
- Full-color, 32-page manual covers microscope setup, usage, and many fascinating observations of biological specimens. Guides you through observations of many living specimens found in and around your home: onion cells, pond water, chloroplasts, plant stem cross sections, microorganisms, mouth cells, meat cells, different types of hair and fur, dust mites, bugs, pollen in honey, and much more.
- See how an onion cell shrivels and how an earthworm wiggles.
- Analyze the differences between the hair on your head and the sheep’s hair in your wool sweater.
- Includes three prepared specimens on a slide, four blank slides, cover slips, tweezers, needle, section slicing tool, and vial.
- Your child will learn how to use these tools to prepare slides and how to use the microscope to examine them.
- Investigate how the lenses in a microscope bend light to magnify images. When the ocular lens, or eyepiece lens, works together with the three objective lenses, the result is a total magnification power of 144x, 450x, or 750x. The microscope has a battery-powered light and a mirror to light up the specimens. The
Ben Franklin Toys : Doctor Lab Pad Biology Kit
- 12 safe play & pretend medical Doctor activities – real life experiments and tests
- Over 30 high quality tools included
- Stay organized: examination lab pad keeps everything organized and clean
- Includes : stethoscope, bandage, shot, activity cards, anatomy model, brain game, eye chart, and much more!
- Exclusive: The only realistic real-life activity set with real-life experiments for kids.
The Magic School Bus Chemistry Lab
- Great hands on learning and educational science STEM kit for boys and girls which encourages STEM learning for ages 5+
- Ms. Frizzle from The Magic School Bus makes science an exhilarating experience and kids can follow along with The Magic School Bus books from Scholastic and NETFLIX series
- Learn about acids and bases, volcanoes, slime, surface tension, bubbles, and more in this educational STEM kit
- Developed by a team of Harvard graduates, scientists, and educators and are put on the market after it has passed the ultimate test-approval by multiple teams of Young Scientists at our annual camps
- Kit comes with all supplies needed (except for common household items) and detailed experiment cards with guidance to make this educational Chemistry themed science STEM kit for kids a great learning toy
This bus-shaped kit offers a world of creativity for young minds to discover various elements in science. Inside you will find various useful science tools and 51 experiment cards with instructions to create all sorts of fun experiments with Mrs. Frizzle and her class. With the use of common household items, young science enthusiasts can take on fun and exciting chemistry projects such as making a bouncy ball, create an erupting volcano, mixing up their own slime, implement chromatography and so much more.
The supplies are neatly stacked in tiers into 4 compartment trays when you open up the bus keeping the included tools organized and conveniently stored away when you’re finished. The experiments are recommended for ages 5 and up but can be performed with help from an adult for children over 3 years of age.
Kids First Aircraft Engineer
- Durable storage case
- 32-page illustrated storybook
- As you follow the story, you can build models of the 10 vehicles in the story. Large, colorful plastic building pieces make it easy for small hands to put the models together.
- This 71-piece science kit combined with the beautifully illustrated storybook provides an engaging way to teach simple engineering concepts to preschool-age kids.
- Start laying the groundwork for strong STEM related skills and comprehension.
- Helps develop fine motor skills, science and math skills, visual-spatial skills, and reasoning and concept development skills.
For young builders that love putting things together the Engineering kits by Kids First provide fun and engaging hands-on play. The Aircraft Engineer kit comes with 73 building pieces and an illustrated guide comprehensible for children 3 and up. Kids First offers different model designs in addition to the aircraft including an Automobile, Boat, and a Robot kit. Each of these engineering kits come with easy to assemble pieces and instruction booklets designed for preschoolers. There is also a storybook to go along with each kit that adds more fun and amusement as they build the models.
Ages 5 to 7 — Best Science Kit for Kids
The kits and sets featured in this section are designed to meet the skill sets of children ages 5 and up. These provide fun and engaging age-appropriate activities that introduce scientific principles in botany, chemistry and early engineering in coding and robotics.
Creativity for Kids | Grow ‘n Glow Terrarium
Includes: plastic mason-style jar, decorative lid, potting mix, organic chia and wheat grass seeds, garden figurines, decorative sand, river stones and a plant mister to keep your terrarium watered.
- Grow your own habitat: Craft, plant, water and grow your own terrarium tabletop garden.
- Comes with everything you need for two full plant life cycles!
- Decorate : Watch your terrarium glow! Add dimension to your terrarium with translucent glow-in-the-dark stickers that light up your terrarium at night!
- Learn about botany and the life cycle of plants. Your habitat will begin to grow in as little as 3-4 days
- Kid tested and safe: since 1976 creativity for kids has proudly created safe, innovative products that meet or exceed US Safety standards.
This science kit is a simple and cool ‘experiment’ for children to learn the science of botany. It combines science and crafting into a fun activity by learning about habitats through a miniature garden in a jar. The Grow ‘n Glow terrarium comes with organic wheatgrass and chia seeds, potting mix materials, and a clear plastic jar to put it all in and watch it grow. It also comes with accessories for decorating the inside including small figurines. There are glow-in-the-dark stickers included to decorate the outside of the jar for a cool display. The jar has a decorative vented lid to allow air in for plants to grow. A mister is provided for watering as per the instructions. It’s a learning opportunity to discover the life cycles of plants as kids watch them grow.
Dan&Darci| Light-up Terrarium Kit
- Beneath the lid, there is a built-in innovative led light that creates a magical feeling when turned on. At night, just use the small switch to turn on the light and your terrarium turns into a wonderful illuminated tabletop garden. Light is recharged with the included micro-usb cable.
- Kit includes: terrarium jar (4″x6″), light-up jar lid, micro-usb charging cable, clear and easy step-by-step instruction booklet, vermiculite soil, blue sand, river rocks, wheat-grass and chia seeds, small bunny and mushroom miniatures, removable stickers for decoration, spray bottle, and wooden stick to aid in planting the seeds.
- STEM authenticated educational product: this product has been evaluated by stem.org and has been authenticated to meet the highest standards of stem learning.
Discovering nature and the life cycle of plants is an interesting field for young learners, especially when they can observe it closely. This light-up terrarium kit comes with everything you need for building a cute miniature garden in a jar. It comes with an instruction booklet that includes step-by-step directions on layering the soil, river rocks and sand to planting the seeds. Additional accessories allow your nature enthusiast to decorate the jar into a creative piece with 2 small adorable figures and stickers. The vented jar lid features a built-in LED light that transforms the terrarium into a cool night light with a switch. A micro USB cord is provided.
Scientific Explorer | My First Mind Blowing Science Kit
- 20 piece kit allows your young scientist to explore and learn the basics of science from chemical reactions to the use of science tools
- Represents STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) principles – open ended toys to construct, engineer, explorer and experiment
- Chemicals Included: Red cabbage powder, citric acid, baking soda, 3 color tablets, crosslinked polyacrylate copolymer, vegetable oil, corn starch
- Includes : 2 cotton swabs, 3 test tubes with stand, 3 plastic cups, pipette, 2 sticks, 2 measuring scoops and activity guide
- Ages : Kids over 6 years old with adult supervision
This kit features experiments and activities that center on chemical reactions. Hands-on learners will love implementing the open-ended experiments using science tools included in the kit. Interactive experiments present a fun colorful dynamic like a color changing volcano or creating a sunset in a tube bringing educational value to a wide range of ages from 6 and up.
The kit comes with red cabbage powder, citric acid, baking soda, color changing tablets, vegetable oil, cornstarch and polyacrylate copolymer. Additional materials and supplies are needed to complete some of the experiments which include common household items that do not come with the kit. The guide lists these additional items that will be needed for the specific activity.
Makeblock | Codey Rocky Robot, Coding Toy
- Easy and fun way for kids to learn how to code. Hundreds of emotions act as your loyal sidekick like the pet.
- Ready to use out of box, no assembly or batteries required.
- Connect to the mBlock App (iOS / Android) to learn how to program Codey Rocky. Programming is as simple as building blocks. Program games, movements, songs, and actions. Codey Rocky is the perfect STEAM educational robot for kids.
- 10 programmable electronic sensors: Infrared Receiver/Transmitter, LED Display, Light/Voice Sensors, Speaker, Gyroscope. Refit your building blocks with Codey Rocky to build your personal Codey Rocky. This product is not affilated with or endorsed by LEGO. LEGO is a trademark of the LEGO Group of companies.
- Built in Wi-Fi allows Codey Rocky to connect to the internet to send and receive data. Allowing you to create IoT devices such as a weather report device.
Make way for the Makeblock Codey Rocky Robot on your Christmas list this year. This coding toy incorporates the science of technology through computer programming with engineering. The robot is designed with built-in wifi for receiving and forwarding data as well as 10 programmable sensors. Kids as young as 6 can learn and master simple coding skills as they direct the robot through the software programming.
The mBlock app installation is required on an Andriod or IOS device to connect it to the Robot to begin coding. A detachable handheld module is featured which allows use for simple programming and control. It offers many cool features that are engaging and fun with a far better educational value than simply playing on a tablet or smart device all day long.
Ages 8 & Up | Best Science Kit for Kids
What’s the secret to the best science kits for kids in this age bracket? We find circuitry, robots and making cool discoveries to top the list. The sets listed in this section cover the fundamental scientific processes in chemistry, biology, physics, and engineering in robotics.
Be Amazing Toys | Big Bag Of Science +70 Activities
- Use REAL SCIENTIFIC TOOLS to perform more than 70 activities
- Four color step-by-step instruction book has photos and illustrations
- Covers three areas of science (Physical, Earth and Life) as well as activities in Chemistry, Physics, Magnetism, Weather, Biology, Geology and Flight.
- The re-usable BIG zipper Bag keeps all the pieces together
- STEM Learning : STEM = Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math
This science kit covers so many areas of scientific principles with cool and exciting experiments your kids will be more than eager to complete. It comes with a compact resealable bag full of essential tools and supplies to carry out different activities like a true scientist. What’s really unique with this set is that it’s not simply a chemistry set with compounds that create reactions.
Different experiments that can be completed with this kit will cover chemistry, magnetism, biology, geology, earth science, life science, and physics. It comes with a fully illustrated guide book with clear instructions that are easy to follow for children 8 and up. Adult supervision is advised as it comes with balloons that can pose a choking or suffocation hazard when not inflated or broken.
AMSCOPE-KIDS | M30-ABS-KT51 Beginner Microscope Kit
- 120X, 240X, 300X, 480X, 600X and 1200X six magnification beginner microscope with metal construction
- Built-in light for direct illumination.
- Reflecting mirror for natural illumination
- Battery compartment for 2 AA-size.
- Built-in rotating color filter wheel.
- Specimen stage with stage clips.
- Includes: plastic scalpel, plastic spatula, plastic tweezers.
This compound microscope presents a suitable tool for beginners that are interested in getting a closer look at things. The Amscope-Kids M30-ABS KT51 uses natural illumination by use of a reflective mirror. A built-in light has also been incorporated to provide direct illumination. It comes with sample slides for young enthusiasts to learn how to use and adjust the microscope accordingly while observing and analyzing various specimens. The microscope kit also introduces science processes in life cycles with brine shrimp eggs and shrimp hatchery.
Observers can record and track the early life cycle of these organisms using the microscope’s various magnifications from 120x up to 1200x. A rotating color filter wheel is another useful feature. The kit comes with additional accessories including specimen bottles, tweezers, and collecting lamps to gather various materials and specimens for your own observations. A sturdy travel case is included to safely store the microscope when not in use as well as cover slips.
National Geographic | Dual LED Student Microscope
50+ piece Science Kit
- STEM kit includes over 50 accessories and is the perfect introduction to microscopes.
- The high-quality scope features upgraded glass optics and high-powered lights – illuminating slides from below or 3D objects from above.
- 2-in-1 microscope : Serving the same functions as 2 traditional microscopes. This Kit Includes: Optical glass lenses in metal housing providing 20x and 50x magnification, 10 prepared slides and a mini geode for examination, slide storage box, 10 blank slides, 10 slide covers, 10 slide labels, brine shrimp eggs, brine shrimp hatchery station, tweezers and eye dropper for slide prep, petri dish for plant labs, instructions, and learning guide written by teachers.
- A wide range of learning : For example, explore the world of brine shrimp and watch them as they grow! With this kit, your child will learn how to conduct experiments, distinguish a variety cell types, and so much more!
- Compare the prepared slides to the slides you prepare using samples collected at home. Inspire a love of science in your child. Providing endless hours of fun, this kit is a perfect gift for children of all ages.
A microscope equips young science enthusiasts the perfect opportunity to get a clearer picture of what’s going on with objects from a much closer perspective. Designed with 2 sets of optical lenses this Dual LED Student Microscope features 20x and 50x magnification. Aspiring learners can observe slides at a microscopic level or view larger objects in finer detail. There are 2 prepared slides and a learning guide included for observing and learning about biological specimens.
Reusable blank slides have also been included allowing users to prepare their own specimens for observation. Additional tools are provided including a petri dish, tweezers, and an eye dropper. A microscope cover also comes with it to protect from dust when not in use. Proper care and usage is advised with microscopes for effective and long-lasting use. Refer to the manufacturer’s guidelines on using, maintaining, and storing your microscope.
4M Crystal Growing Experiment
- Grow your own crystals in a multitude of colors
- Teach children about crystal growth
- Includes crystal compounds, seven display domes, stirring supplies, and instructions
- Complete instructions for each experiment are included with the kit.
- Recommended for ages 10 years and up.
In this fun kit budding science enthusiasts can observe the formation of crystals they create. Inside you will find display domes, chemical compounds and clear instructions that illustrate how grow up to 7 crystals in various colors. The kit is a great teaching element in the process of observation as the crystals continue growing over the course of 7 to 10 days before fully formed.
A fact sheet is included providing valuable information about the formation and growth of the crystals in the kit. Young learners can record their results as they observe the different characteristics of the crystal formations from patterns and shapes. The chemical compounds can also be combined to form larger crystals. It’s a fun way for kids to put scientific principles to the test with incredible results they can display for a long time. The kit is recommended for ages 10 and up.
Klutz LEGO Chain Reactions Craft Kit
Includes : 78 page book, 33 LEGO elements, 6 LEGO balls, 6 feet of string, 8 paper ramps, 2 paper pop-up signs, 1 paper funnel ramp, 1 paper flag, 1 paper bucket, 1 platform
- Nappa silver award winner
- Design and build 10 moving machines
- Includes a 80 page instructional book with clear instructions
- Includes more than 30 essential LEGO elements
- Recommended for children ages 8+
The LEGO chain reactions kit invites kids to hone their engineering skills to reimagine their ordinary lego bricks into something new and exciting. This kit comes with essential elements to transform LEGO’S into machines with moving elements. Included in the kit are 33 LEGO pieces and clear illustrated instructions to build up to 10 different modules. Additional pieces like plastic balls, paper ramps, string, and other elements add even more fun to create your own chain reactions. Budding engineers will be able to design and create functional modules with elements that swing, pivot, lift, drop, and pull.
LEGO | Technic Dozer Compactor
42071 Building Kit
Moving towards another set in the engineering field of science, this Dozer Compactor 2-in-1 Building Kit is a suitable kit for kids between the ages of 8 and 14. It provides the perfect hands-on project for eager learners that enjoy experimenting with building components.
The kit comes with 171 pieces to build a replica model version of a Dozer Compactor. Once fully assembled the compactor features working functions for steering and operating the blade to move obstacles. It can also be reassembled to build an articulated truck. This model kit is also compatible to use with other LEGO brand construction sets. Young engineering enthusiasts can expand their creativity while learning more about moving machines.
Playz | Ridiculous Inventions Science Kits for Kids
- Learn about circuits, switches, sound propagation & static electricity using home-made boomerangs, magnetic force fields, spectrum rainbows, telegraphic messages, whirling windmills, levitating serpents, & robotic turtles!
- For boys, girls, kids, & teens — Ages 8+
- 26+ Experiments, 31+ Tools & Ingredients, and 72 Pages of activities and educational instructions guide.
- Fact-filled colorful lab guide is full of pictures and information making it easy to learn.
- This STEM set challenges the child’s mind as they work through the detailed easy-to-follow instruction guide, learning about classroom subjects in a fun way. You will even see test grades improve as a result.
This exciting kit welcomes early learners into the world of physics with plenty of tools and materials to carry out over 26 experiments. There are two detailed instruction books included which cover these fun projects with interesting facts on electric circuits, magnetism and more. Tools and supplies are provided in the kit to perform most of the experiments from the books.
A few additional common household items will be required as detailed per the activity. Some of the experiments young learners will enjoy making in the kit include: a spectrum rainbow, a homemade boomerang, levitating serpents, robotic turtles, whirling windmills, and telegraphic messages just to name a few.
SmartLab Toys | Smart Circuits Games & Gadgets Electronics Lab
- Build unlimited electronic games and gadgets
- Learn about electronic engineering using the modular system and microprocessor
- Includes 6 base boards, battery module, variable resistor module, microprocessor module, tricolor LED module, speaker module, photodiode module, tilt switch module, 6-LED array module, 2 push button modules, 31 Jumper wires, 48-page book. Batteries not included.
- Stem focus: electronics
- For ages 8 and up
Your science-tech fans will love building their own working games with the Smart Circuits games and gadgets kit. It comes with a computer microprocessor and 10 smart modules along with step-by-step instructions for creating up to 50 circuit builds.
This kit promotes entry-level experience on how electronics work to produce light, sounds, along with other various functions through the use of circuits and sensor modules. An illustrated instruction book demonstrates the principles of science and technology with electric currents, conductors, resistors, light waves, and other important elements. Once your child grasps how each module works they can build their own gadgets and come up with new games on their own.
4M | Table Top Robot
- Kids can assemble a scuttling mechanical crab that they’ll be proud of
- Helps teach children creativity and mechanical principles
- Requires one Phillips head screwdriver, 1 AA battery, and adult supervision
- This set includes necessary components, accessories, and easy-to-follow instructions.
Robotics are a fascinating field for learning that fall within the field of engineering. If you’re searching for the best science kit for kids who love building to learn how moving things work, this 4M table top robot is hard to beat. This kit comes with all of the necessary parts for your child to build their own robotic crab apart from the battery and a Phillips head screwdriver. The hands-on mechanics of building a functioning robot that moves with smart capabilities invites young learners to engage their imaginations. Once completely assembled the robotic crab functions to change directions when set on a table to avoid falling off. The instructions are included and are easy to follow for children ages 9 and above.
Tinkering Labs | Electric Motors Catalyst STEM Kit
- Build & rebuild a wide array of robotic models
- Ages 8+: STEM Learning
- DIY kit with 50+ real parts: Build Robots with 10 challenge cards, Wood, Electric motors, & hardware.
- Challenge cards that include challenges such as: Build a machine that draws curvy lines, make a machine that can scramble an egg, build a vehicle with a suspension system
This DIY kit combines engineering, circuit building, and hands-on scientific projects for a fun and inviting learning experience. Included in this kit are over 50 parts and pieces for builders to design their own robotics. There are 3 different builds featured in the instructions that are clearly demonstrated and easy to follow. These are then used as a basis for additional projects.
The kit comes with 10 challenge cards providing young builders to design projects for various types of machines or robots. It presents a great activity the whole family can take part in. Kids, teens and even adults will have fun building robots that really move and function or electric model cars. The models can be taken apart and reassembled to create new machines for a long-lasting value.
Makeblock mBot Robot Kit
- Entry-level educational robot kit
- mBot is a STEAM education robot for beginners
- Teaches robot programming, making it simple and fun.
- With just a screwdriver, the step by step instructions, and a study schedule, children can build a robot from scratch and experience the joys of hands-on creation.
- Learn about a variety of robotic machinery and electronic parts, grasp the fundamentals of block-based programming,
- Develop their logical thinking and design skills.
This mBot in the Makeblock series provides early inventors a robotic friend that can help improve their creativity skills. It comes in easy-to-assemble parts with clear instructions. Once the bot is complete the remote included allows users to control it for simple functions and coded to avoid obstacles or follow lines. If you want to put your young thinker to exercise their logical thinking skills install the Blocky App (for iOS and Android devices) to program even more codes for the mBot to follow.
The Makeblock mBot uses software compatible with Windows, MacOs, Linux, and Chrome as its platform for entry-level coding to make the mBot smarter by finishing challenges from the app. You will need 4 AA batteries or a 3.7V 1800mAh Lithium ion battery for the mBot, not included.
Electronics and gadgets have made headway in households and are commonplace for kids’ Christmas wish lists. The best science kit for kids can provide valuable learning and educational value through hands-on practices that will be instilled for a lifetime. There are some things that even the best gaming devices can’t teach.