As a parent, there are few better gifts to consider than the wide variety of Ride on Cars with Parental Remote Controls. It’s actually quite surprising at how sleek and sophisticated these ride-on cars and trucks look and drive. Recently, we put together a guide to buying Luxury Ride-On Cars, and most of them also had parental remote controls.
Give a child something with motion and they are sure to be enthralled. Ride on toys for kids never go out of style and are always a big hit at Christmas time. Considering a ride on car with parental remote control can be a meaningful and long-lasting gift to meet your child’s wildest desires. While a brand new set of wheels may mean the world to them, knowing you’ve made the right choice can mean a great deal to you.
Intro | Ride On Cars with Parental Remote Control
A ride on toy can be a great toy to boost a child’s independence. These are the perfect size for little legs to climb up into with realistic detail to give them the feel of being behind the wheel. Younger children such as toddlers, however, may not quite be ready to understand the concept of acceleration by pressing a pedal. The ability to steer left and ride also require motor skill development young toddlers may not have acquired. This is where a ride on car with parental remote control comes in handy. These models are great for beginners as it allows parents to propel and control the vehicle until they can drive it themselves.
An electric ride on car is not only a great entertaining toy for kids, but it can also aid in their development. Simple actions such as steering and pressing buttons that control different functions are great for building skills and learning cause and effect. While a parental control remote will allow parents to control the vehicle for beginners, they will gradually learn how to steer and gain control to build their way up to driving the car on their own.
Inspired by the Porsche Boxster | Kiddie Roadster with Parental Remote
Toy ride on vehicles that offer a parent remote control typically have a switch on the dashboard allowing you to use in manual mode or using the remote control. The remote mode function disables the foot pedal so the vehicle is controlled solely from the remote. Remote control systems work using one of three systems: radio frequency, bluetooth or smartphone. The most common system ride-on cars use is the radio frequency. This is the same frequency used in smaller RC toy cars. One downside to ride-on cars using this frequency in remote controls is the universal frequency can often cause interference when two cars are driven at once.
The next common system used for operating remote control ride on cars is 2.4G bluetooth. If the toy ride-on car remote control simply lists 2.4Ghz then it uses micro-frequencies to communicate the functions of the remote to the car. This is gaining popularity as it allows multiple ride-on cars to be used at once without causing interference between them and allows for faster, reliable control.
The last and least common is the smartphone remote app. This allows you to control the vehicle right from your smartphone or a tablet rather than a remote control device. This type of system is still fairly new so it isn’t widely available, however, it is anticipated to be offered in more ride on cars in the future.
Prior to use, most R/C ride on vehicles will require syncing to the remote. You will need to refer to the user guide on how to sync the remote properly with the particular model you purchase. Generally, in most models the car must be turned off prior to syncing. Insert the required batteries into the parent remote. The remote control will most likely feature lights that flash once batteries are installed and it’s turned on. Once this is achieved you can turn on the car and it will automatically sync to the remote. This step may need to be performed each time prior to use when using in parental control.
With Remote Control | Mercedes-Benz G55 Amg
A ride on car can make a child’s dream come true, but don’t just settle for the models on display at the big retailers. Additional features you want to look for in a ride-on electric car for kids are those that incorporate safety and better riding quality. These will add better value to give you and your little driver an overall better experience so you get the most for your money.
Soft Start Function – the ride-on electric powered cars for kids that meet the U.S. Consumer Toy Safety Standard are equipped with this feature which offers a gradual start. This provides a safer transition into motion as the vehicle propels forward to lessen the possibilities of injury.
Remote Control Override – some toy ride on cars with a parental remote control will allow you to override the manual functions to control the car using the remote. This is beneficial for toddlers learning to steer and drive the car manually to allow parents the ability to stop and control the vehicle to keep them clear from obstacles and out of harm’s way.
Battery Voltage – When considering a ride-on electric powered car for your child, battery voltage is something you need to consider based on the age of your child and what they’ll be riding it on. The voltage determines the power of the vehicle – the higher the voltage, the faster it goes. A 6V ride on car will reach a top speed of 3 miles per hour, suitable for smooth or paved surfaces, and have an average run time of 45-60 minutes. A 12V ride on car reaches up to 5 MPH with an average run time of 1-1.5 hours and can take on grass or gravel.
Costzon Kids | Sporty Convertible Car
6V Battery Powered Rechargeable Ride On Car. Available in black, red and white.
- Two Modes: 1. Parental Remote Control Mode: You can control this car to enjoy the happiness of being together with your baby. 2. Battery Operate Mode: Your baby can operate this car by himself/herself by electric foot pedal and steering wheel (foot pedal for acceleration). Functions: Go Forward/Backward, Turn Left/ Right, Brake.
- When this car is fully charged, your baby can continuously play it by 60 minutes which makes sure that your baby can abundantly enjoy it.
- Comfortable seat with safety belt provides large space for your baby to sit (the safety belt enclosed is only as a substance to increase children’s safety awareness, please keep an eye to your baby when he/she is playing).
- Equipped with Mp3 & USB & TF input, and the headlights and horn are also functional. Your baby can open the door of this ride on car for easy get on and off. An ideal present for your baby!
- Product Size: 38″ (L) X24″(W) X21″(H). Suitable for children from 3 to 6 years old. Please kindly check the product size before purchase, as some children grow up faster. Speed
- Range: 1.8-3.0 Km/H, Assembly Required.
Your little cruiser will love cruising around in this battery powered ride-on car. It operates in parent-control mode or self-powered mode once they’re ready to take the wheel on their own. A safety belt is equipped in the seat to promote safety awareness for little riders.
Additional features include working LED lights, a functioning door they can open and close for getting in and out with a door safety lock, and MP3 input to play their favorite tunes. The battery life is 60 minutes when fully charged for ample play time and comes with the charger. With a large, comfortable seat this ride on car with parental remote control is suitable for children 3-6 years of age with a maximum weight capacity of 40lbs.
Moderno Kids Explorer Truck
12V Battery Powered 2 Seater Ride On Toy Car
- 2 Seater Ride-On Truck Car for Toddlers 2-4 Years or Single Rider 3-6 Years Old
- Swappable / Removable Large Capacity 12V Battery with Overload Protection, 2 Powerful
- Motors, 2 Forward Speeds (3 Speeds on Parental Remote), 1 Reverse Speed, Maximum Speed 2-5 Mph
- Full Function Long Range 2.4Ghz Parental Remote Control with remote STOP function
- Realistic working LED Headlights, LED Light Bars / Tail Lights / Dashboard Lights and Gauges.
- Openable Doors and Hood
- Integrated MP3 Player with Bluetooth, FM Radio and AUX MP3 Audio Input, Plays files from
- Micro SD card, USB Flash Drive or external devices like iPod, iPad, iPhone or Android Phones
Little explorers will love everything about this cool jeep with exciting features. It has functioning LED headlights, LED light bars, dashboard lights and gauges, and tail lights. The parental remote control offers 3 speeds from 2-5 MPH forward, 1 speed reverse, and remote Stop with a long-range of 2.4Ghz. The battery-powered jeep runs on 2 powerful motors with a removable 12V battery that can be swapped out and features overload protection to ensure long-lasting quality. It has a run time of 45-90 minutes depending on riding conditions and speed. A battery voltage meter allows you to gauge how much battery life is remaining so you know when to recharge it.
Moderno Kids Mercedes SLS Final Edition
Children Ride-on Car R/C Parental Remote
- Approved and Manufactured under Official License from Daimler Benz
- Suitable for Boys or Girls 3-6 Years Old (Or Younger, Under Supervision of Adult) with Maximum Rider Weight of 66 lb
- 12V Battery, 2 Motors, 2 Speeds (3 Speeds controlled by Parental Remote), Maximum speed 2-5 Mph
- Forward / Park / Reverse shifter Switch, Lights ON/OFF Lever Handle Switch
- NEW ! Full Function Long Range 2.4Ghz Parental Remote Control with remote STOP function
- NEW ! Soft Start and Electric Brake System for Gradual Acceleration and Reliable Braking
- NEW ! Electric Power Assisted Steering System with Automatic Return to Center
- NEW ! 2 Way adjustable Soft Self Ventilated PU Leather seat with 5 Point Safety Seat Belt (Similar to Stroller Seat Harness)
- NEW ! Zero Maintenance Soft EVA Foam Rubber Tires (Provide Quiet and Comfortable Ride)
- Realistic working Imitation LED Headlights / Tail Lights / Dashboard Lights and Gauges
- NEW ! Mercedes AMG Sport Style Color LED Wheels, Openable Doors and Storage Trunk
- NEW ! Leather wrapped PU Leather Steering Wheel, Carbon Fiber textured Body Panels
- NEW ! Integrated MP3+MP4 Entertainment System with Color LCD Touch Screen, Plays Audio and Video files from Micro SD card or USB Flash Drive
- Horn Sound Buttons on the Steering Wheel, On-screen Battery Level Indicator
- NEW ! Removable Moderno Kids Rubber Floor Mat (Helps to Keep your Toy Car Clean)
- NEW ! Integrated Folding Handlebar and Folding Rear Caster Wheels to transport the car
- Without Battery Power
- Easy to Assemble, Requires Less Than 15 min
- Assembled Dimensions: Length – 49″, Height – 21.5″, Width – 30″ (With Mirrors). Seat Width –
- 15.5″, Seat Depth – 8″, Dashboard to the back of the seat – 16″ Max
- Shipping Weight: 52 lb.
They’ll love riding around in style in this smooth ride. The soft EVA foam rubber tires provide a quiet and smooth ride along with a soft start system for gradual acceleration. The long-range 2.4Ghz parental remote allows you to be in control while your child enjoys riding and features STOP function with a reliable brake system. When they’re big enough to drive on their own the car can be driven manually with the foot pedal, but the parent remote control is still capable to override the manual function. Additional features like functioning lights, MP3+MP4 entertainment system, and realistic horn sounds add fun and function to their ride. The seat is equipped with a 5-point harness system for added safety. The weight capacity for riders is 65 pounds.
The car reaches 3 forward speeds max between 2-5 mph in parental control and 2 speeds when driving manually with 1 speed in reverse. It operates on a large capacity 12V battery that provides up to 60-90 minutes of ride time based on speed and proper battery care. The battery features overload and overcharge protection with the included charger. A battery-level indicator is featured on the dashboard to gauge how much battery life remains and when it needs to be recharged. For added convenience, the car features folding caster wheels and a folding handlebar for easier transport when the car has no power.
Best Choice Products — 12V Ride-On Truck (Jeep)
Colors Available : Blue, pink, white, black and red.
- Single child ride on can be operated by foot pedal accelerator and steering wheel and by remote
- Attractive and fun exterior, 14″ traction wheels with spring suspension system, non-toxic plastic body, adjustable seatbelt, gear shift, and LED lights
- 12V motor with 3 speed options: high, medium and low speed adjustable by a remote controller
- Dual option music: enjoy a fun sing-along with built-in musical tunes and radio, or plug in your own playlist with an included AUX cord
- Overall Dimensions: 45″(L) x 31″(W) x 31″(H); Weight Capacity: 65 lbs.;
- Recommended for ages: 3 – 8 years
For the thrill seeker that a fancy little sports car just won’t do, this ride-on high performance truck is just the ticket. It’s equipped with a spring suspension system and 14” traction tires for a smoother ride. It can be manually operated by the driver using the pedal and steering wheel or remotely using the parent control. The gear shift allows drivers to switch between forward and reverse when operating manually; although the parental control can override the manual operation.
This ride on truck with parental control remote is a suitable choice for beginner drivers as well as experienced drivers from 3 to 8 years of age. The single child seat features a seat belt and accommodates up to 65 pounds. The detailed exterior features add a cool factor in addition to functioning headlights and tail lights. The SUV even features built-in kid tunes or use the MP3 auxiliary cord to play their favorites while cruising along.
Moderno Kids Mercedes Benz AMG SLS
Ride-on Car for Kids
- Suitable for Boys or Girls 3-6 Years Old (Or Younger, Under Supervision of Adult) with
- Maximum Rider Weight of 66 lb
- Single Rider Car with Wide Seating Area, Seat with Safety Seat Belt
- 12V Battery Pack, 2 Motors, 3 Speeds (Controlled by Parental Remote), Maximum speed 3-5 Mph
- 2.4Ghz Parental Remote Control, Forward and Reverse Switch, Realistic Push Start Ignition Button
- NEW ! Soft Start and Electric Brake System for Gradual Acceleration and Reliable Braking
- NEW ! Smart Battery Charging Technology, Automatically controls Battery Charge and Prevents Overcharging
- Realistic Working Imitation LED Headlights / Fog Lights / Tail Lights
- NEW ! Wheels with Rubber Traction Bands, Top Openable Sport Car Style Doors
- NEW ! Integrated MP3 Player with MP3 AUX Input, Plays files from Micro SD card, USB Flash
- Drive or external devices like iPod, iPad, iPhone or Android Phones
- Horn and Music sounds on the steering wheel
- Requires Assembly, Estimated Assembly Time is 30 min
- Battery Charging Time 8-10 Hours (Automatically Controlled), Riding Time up to 1.5 Hours
This bad boy is sure to turn some heads. It is the miniaturized version of the limited edition Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Sport Roadster with some added features to entertain and keep them safe. This roadster has 3 speeds from 2 to 6 MPH and can be operated by the foot pedal or using the long range 2.4Ghz parent remote control. Added features that make this toy a more exciting experience include a built-in tv for watching cartoons or listening to tunes, equipped with an MP3 + MP4 entertainment system. It has LED headlights and rear lights, AMG-style color LED wheels, functioning doors and trunk space, and a horn sound.
This electric toy car features a soft start operation for a gradual acceleration to offer a smooth ride as well as a reliable brake. An adjustable 5-point harness seat belt similar to a stroller keeps them safely secured while riding. The soft leather seat can be adjusted to suit drivers from 2 to 5 years old with a maximum weight capacity of 66 pounds. It also has rear caster wheels for easier transporting without battery power. It comes in multiple color choices that are great for boys or girls.
Kids Ride on Car with Parental Remote Control. NOT licensed by Maserati
- Great ride on car for a child and equally entertaining for adults who wants to play along through remote control operation.
- Our ride on car comes with (2) 12V motors and features two speeds: 2mph and 4mph.
- Comes with a forward/backward switch, MP3 Aux jack and cable with built-in speakers, and remote control for wireless operation.
- Adjustable seatbelt to keep your child safe as they ride around in their brand new car
- Includes working headlights, horn, musical tunes, and MP3 aux jack & cable
This fun to drive set of wheels easily entertains kids and adults alike. It is styled like its real counterpart (not licensed) and features realistic start up sounds, a horn, and built-in speakers with an MP3 auxiliary jack. It also features cool ‘scissor’ doors that open upwards. A switch on the car allows you to operate in manual (driver) mode or using the parental remote control to steer and drive the car.
It operates in 2 speeds from 2 to 4 MPH. It features traction rear wheels to provide an easier and smoother ride even through grass. The adjustable seat belt helps keep kids secure while driving and suitable for to accommodate children 2 to 5 years of age max.
Moderno Kids Mercedes G65
Ride-On Car with parental control
- Licensed Mercedes G65 AMG Single Rider Kids Ride-On Car for Toddlers 1-4 Years (Under Supervision of Adult) with Maximum Rider Weight of 66 lb.
- 12V Battery with Overcharge and Overload Protection, 2 Powerful Motors, 2 Forward Speeds (3 Speeds on Parental Remote), 1 Reverse Speed, Maximum Speed 2-4 Mph
- Soft Start and Electric Brake System for Gradual Acceleration and Reliable Braking. 2 Way
- Adjustable Soft Perforated PU Leather seat with 5 Point Safety Seat Belt (Similar to Stroller Seat Safety Harness)
- Full Function Long Range 2.4Ghz Parental Remote Control with remote STOP function. Front + Rear Spring Shock Absorbers, Underbody Soft Glow Blue LED Light Kit (Preinstalled). Zero
- Maintenance Soft EVA Foam Rubber Wheels (Provide Good Traction and Comfortable Quiet Ride)
- Integrated MP3 Music Player with Bluetooth FM Radio, Plays files from Micro SD card, USB
- Flash Drive or external devices like iPod, iPad, iPhone or Android Phones
This genuine licensed Mercedes G65 ride on car mimics the real deal in detail. It features real engine sounds when starting up, a horn, and functioning front and rear LED lights. It can be powered by the foot accelerator or by the remote control for parents with children too young to master the concept of operating it. It reaches a top speed of 5 MPH and is equipped with a seat belt to provide secure riding.
The 12V motor delivers up to 50-60 minutes of run time on a full charge. It comes equipped with a rechargeable 12V 7Ah battery and charging cable This ride on is suitable for children ages 2 to 5 years of age with the remote that allows parents to give younger drivers a little help while ensuring they stay within a safe range. There is even an FM radio installed in addition to pre-programmed tunes as well as an auxiliary cord plug-in for a more entertaining ride.
Ride On Car Battery Care
It’s exciting when your child receives their very first set of wheels. A few careful tips can extend the excitement and protect your purchase by properly caring for it. You should read the user manual thoroughly before assembling it to familiarize yourself with the parts and ensure everything is included for proper assembly. Also be sure to charge the battery fully prior to using it. This is an important factor if you’re planning to surprise your child with the car fully assembled.
It is standard for manufacturers to precharge the battery of the product before packaging to no less than 70%. Various factors can affect how long the charge of the battery holds up such as temperature changes and duration of it being stored before purchased. In most cases the battery has enough charge to test the car once it’s assembled, but must be charged fully before actual use. Failure to fully charge the battery can result in possibly damaging the battery or at least hinder the life. Once it has been fully charged be sure to connect it to the vehicle.
Additional features used with the car while driving may drain the battery life quicker. For instance, using the headlights or any LED lights on the car when driving will shorten the run time as it uses more battery power. If your child will be getting a great deal of use from their toy vehicle or when being used by more than one child, you might want to consider purchasing a backup battery.